Canadian Immigrant/Permanent Residency Holder
University of Texas at Austin Master in Business Analytics Aug 2014 Indiana University Bloomington Major: Accounting & Supply Chain Management May 2013 Minor: Math
Apple Procurement & Operations Management Co., Ltd . –Global Supply Manager, Shanghai, China Jul 2017 - Present
• Responsible for operations management on-site at supplier factories. Deep dive into production planning, and factory management to ensure end-customer demand can be fulfilled. Resolved supply crisis from sudden demand upside, clearly understood demand supply picture, and implemented recovery plans in timely manner.
• Managed the development and implementation of procurement initiatives. Supported strategic sourcing strategy implementation to optimize cost, supply assurance and quality. Fully in charge of vendor capacity planning for both new and sustaining programs to ensure demand is fully met.
• Led 2017 Battery NPI, 2018 Watch Enclosure NPI and 2019 iPad Display NPI build activities, and provided on-site support at respective vendors. Drive manufacturing operational readiness of suppliers, including production status, FACA for yield improvement, labor, material readiness, and equipment/line qualification schedule. Timely communicate with internal & external teams for risks highlight, timeline and status update.
• On-going crisis management at suppliers to ensure supply continuity, including natural disaster, environmental issues, and major quality issues. Effective site management by efficient root cause analysis, cooperation and coordination with internal
& external teams and fast action plan in place to solve problems. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. – Global Commodity Manager; Jasper, IN Jul 2015 - Apr 2017
• Negotiate annually with global suppliers for key performance metrics including cost, lead time and payment terms by using leverages created from effective market intelligence, financial analysis and scenario analysis.
• Responsible and accountable for managing multiple projects related to sourcing activities. o Assists with New Product Launch by working closely with suppliers at the front end to develop new products. o Propose and track multiple Continuous Improvement projects to achieve over $1 million annual cost saving target. o Managed Product Discontinuation projects by timely communicating market performance to associated parties, closely monitoring of inventory level and seeking for alternative usages in order to minimize loss for both sides.
• Proactively maintain good relationship with existing suppliers, and constantly seek for new suppliers to achieve higher competitiveness in key supplier performance metrics.
• Strive to continuously improve working process in global sourcing function. o Implemented “Box” for global financial documents sharing to achieve higher IT security on data transmission. o Successfully planned and organized the first Global Supply Conference in Qingdao, China to promote effective communications between suppliers and internal key stakeholders. MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc. – Sourcing Financial Analyst; Jasper, IN Sep 2014 - Jul 2015
• Provide cross-functional support for Sourcing team by conducting financial analysis on procurement activities to help determine potential cost saving opportunities existing in current or potential suppliers
• Analyze and report on spend data and supply market dynamics to help identify sourcing initiatives and to assist with decision making on supplier selections.
Computer Skills: Oracle SQL, Oracle ERP, SAS, R, IBM SPSS, ProModel, Microsoft Office Suite, Precision Tree, @Risk Certification: Six Sigma Black Belt, SAS Certified Base Programmer for SAS 9, CPSM (to-be) Languages: Fluent in English, Chinese