● Experience in leading and handling large scale Business Intelligence projects in fast-paced, ever changing environments with history of successfully implementing numerous projects supporting various business areas, such as Finance, Channel Management, Actuary/Underwriting, Trading, Compliance and Regulatory at multi-functional and global Life Science, Insurance and Financial/Banking organizations.
● Excellent problem solver with an ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
Contributed in design of a single data source (One MD Platform) as a Business Analyst working with Architects, Product Owners, developers, database owners, and various applications owners to implement a cohesive reporting environment for Ethicon Channel Management and Finance units.
Participated in many integration projects, such as in Personal Lines Insurance business to integrate data from multiple Policy Admin systems (Masterpiece, CAAS, PLS, DRC, ORCA, etc.) from two major Insurance organizations (Chubb and Ace) as well as integration of data from two Life Science organizations (Integra and J&J Codman). Worked on FastTrack Reporting projects as well as Data Strategy and Data Sunset Strategy projects. Involved in the process of moving the same data from Oracle environment to recent trend of technologies, such as AIP Cloud as well as providing BI tools to business such as Cognos Analytics, QlikView, Tableau, or PowerBI to be able to generate their own in-depth trending analytics, visualizations, stories and dashboard reports.
Other major project achievements include implementing global BI Platform, upgrade to Cognos Analytics from Cognos v10 and v8.4 with challenges such as staff or budget constraints, limited offshore resources, Data Center Infrastructure migrating from US to UK Infrastructure, migration of application from windows to Linux environment, demise of off-shore development team as well as technical issues and constraints related to upgrades, etc.
● Lead and interact well with stakeholders, focus groups, as well as communications via newsletters.
● Ability to convert business requirements into functional and technical specifications and provide optimal solutions based on user requirements.
● Expertise in process flow and work optimization, customer relationship management, project management, capacity planning, forecasting, and technology integration.
● Passionate mentor taking advantage of formal and informal leadership roles to develop cohesive, highly achievable teams across different regions.
Cognos BI Tools: Cognos Insight, Cognos 10 & Cognos 8.4 BI (Report Studio, Query Studio, Analysis Studio, Event Studio, Cognos TM1, Go office, Transformer, Framework Manager, Cognos Connection)
Cognos Series 7 and prior: Impromptu Administrator, IWR, Architect, PowerPlay Transformer, PowerPlay Enterprise Server, Upfront Administration, Access Manager, Configuration Manager, Script Editor.
Other Tools: Tableau Prep 2019.x, Tableau Desktop 2019.x, QlikView 11, Qlik Sense Sept 2019, NPrinting, SAP BO, MS Power BI 2.70(June 2019), Adobe Captivate, Analytix DS Mapping Manager (AMM), Hadoop Big Data, Crystal Reports, MS Office 365, MS Visio, MS Project, MS SharePoint, Lotus Notes, PL/SQL, Embarcadero Rapid SQL
Database: Amazon Redshift, Teradata 16, Sybase 15, MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle 11g, DB2, AS400
OS and Environments: Windows XP/NT/2008/2010, Active Directory - LDAP, NetScape Directory Server, iPlanet SUN One Directory Server, IIS 6.0
Operating Systems: Windows 95/98/NT/XP/2000, UNIX, Sun Solaris 2.8/2.9, Linux
Languages: XML, HTML, VBScript, PowerBuilder, Paradox, FoxPro, WinSQL
Bachelor of Computer Science - 1993 - New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ
Cognos Advanced Report Authoring/Report Studio Transformer Modeling and Architect
PowerPlay Enterprise Server Cognos TM1
Effective GUI Design for PowerBuilder Extensive Web Design using Java
Managing IT Projects MDP (Management Development Program)
Jan 2019 - Current Ethicon, Somerville, NJ Senior Business Intelligence Analyst
● Participating in planning and design of J&J Medical Device’s 1MD Order to Cash Program that will enable simplified OTC Technology, Processes and Policies across multiple MD businesses.
●Established an automated process using QlikSense to merge data from various sources replacing the existing MS Excel process to distribute weekly PIE (Purchase, Inventory and End User Sales) and monthly executive metrics/KPIs reports for indirect/ direct end user sales for Channel Management and Finance teams. The automated process helped the team realize 40% of their manual time and efforts.
● Created Qlik Sense models by combining disparate data sources (Teradata, Oracle, XLS files, etc.)
●Used SQL queries to assess, clean and validate large datasets as well as MS Excel Pivot tables to ensure the BI developed reports are providing appropriate results.
●Managed and published applications as well as security via Qlik Management Console (QMC).
● Used Narrative Science extension to build insightful, customizable and easy to read stories for charts and graphs in Qlik Sense and Tableau.
● Designed and published Tableau BI workbooks for ICS/ModelN application to find out bucket contracts as well as distributor’s inventory and net trade sales information for different programs and Key Performance Indicator metrics. Includes use of Tableau Prep, server and the permission setup on data sources of published workbooks, etc.
●Successfully setup a Product Distributor Inquiry Reporting application utilizing Tableau Prep and Desktop to associate numerous data sources, such as MDM, SAS, Optimizer, ADAPTIV, FDA Website, Amazon, etc. for faster responses to distributor inquires. This was otherwise achieved by manually querying individual systems to extract the data into MS Excel to generate pivot table views for individual products detail.
● Generated Customer Inquiry forms using MS Flow and Forms capturing the data into MS Excel to assess the type of inquiries and how to respond faster and effectively.
● Help document current vs new process as well as facilitate in originating business requirements document (HLI/Scope/BRD/TRD/FRD), gap analysis, workflow mapping, prototyping and POC, review of test scripts, application testing, and approval process as per standard process of the organization.
● Proactively involved in unit testing as well as creation and validation of test/use cases of each sprints.
● Prepare extensive training documents and sessions for business users for new tools and/or applications.
April 2018 - December 2018 Integra Life Science, Plainsboro, NJ Cognos BI Project Manager/Business Analyst
● Managed Cognos BI projects to align with newly integrated Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW).
● Served as primary contact being a liaison/product owner/SME between technical and business units.
● Connected with stakeholders including decision makers, system owners and end users to understand their business models/needs and gather requirements for new solutions.
● Participated on system design sessions ensuring that the designs meet the end user needs and traceable to the documented requirements.
● Assisted testing team in development of appropriate test plans, conditions, cases and scripts.
● Supported migration of Cognos v10.x to Cognos 11.x for all lines of businesses in all.
● Conducted training sessions and designed Learning Bytes through Captivate.
● Established DevOps model to introduce segregation of duties while maintaining a cohesive team environment across onshore and offshore development/production support teams.
November 2015 - April 2018 Chubb Insurance, Whitehouse Station, NJ Senior IT Business Analyst
● Worked with both Legacy Chubb and Ace reporting environs to integrate and create cohesive new Data Strategy platforms. The improved platforms consolidated redundant reporting infrastructures, databases, applications, reports, and users security, etc. supporting all levels of business areas.
● Collaborated with Personal Risk Services business and IT teams to manage all reporting projects.
● Performed BA responsibilities for Personal Lines businesses, including documentation of functional and technical requirements, conducted walkthroughs, review of testing strategy, and support of UAT, etc.
●Analysed the setup of the proper table structures suitable for reporting using SQL queries and worked with the ETL team reorganizing database structure.
● Involved in migration of WebFocus to QlikView reports, setup Auditing reports, design Coverage Select reports for product controllers and underwriters, various KPIs and stories for senior management.
August 2005 - November 2015 HSBC, Jersey City, NJ Vice President / Sr. Development Manager
● Architect globally deployed reporting model that managed over 8,500 IBM Cognos reports, 1100 users, over 55 models and cubes across various business units supporting user’s community such as Finance/Product Control, Regulatory and Compliance, Futures trading, and operations.
● Managed on-site and off-shore team of 8 developers to coordinate task assignments and prioritization of new, ongoing requests as well as providing 3rd line support for production related matters.
● Designed multifaceted reports using cascading prompts and filters, conditional formatting, drill-through, Crosstab, bursting, Master/details queries, and multiple page reports.
● Provided periodic project status updates to all stakeholders on regular BAU works as well as on IT Evergreening projects through newsletters and governance meetings.
● Collated BRD details from the business users/SMEs or BAs and provide the best possible solutions.
● Setup end-to-end automation through control-M job to trigger an event studio event to schedule and distribute reports through Cognos Scheduler which generates bursted reports to be sent out via e-mail and copy to file system as well as SFTP to data archival repository.
● Supported ever-greening projects for IBM Cognos upgrades, operating system upgrades, Network and Database upgrades as well as other software upgrades such as IE, Java, etc.
● Supported yearly Role Swap activities, DR testing and auditing to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley.
July 2000-August 2005 Prudential Financial, Newark, NJ Senior Systems Analyst
● Designed, installed, configured and deployed multi-server Impromptu Web Report, Cognos Query and PowerPlay Enterprise Server reporting environment supporting 200+ reports and over 20 users.
● Created and published multiple IWR reports using customized catalogs, and Cognos ad-hoc queries in order to reduce delivery time of financial statements reports from 7 days to 2 days.
● Developed Trend over time reports, Ranking & variance reports using Cognos Power Play.
● Created multidimensional cubes using Impromptu’s Query Definition in PowerPlay Transformer.
● Successfully migrated various applications from Cognos BI 5.0 to 6.0 to 7.0 to 7.1 MR3 versions.
● Presented proposals for new technologies to senior technical and business management teams.
January 1995 –July 2000 Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Bridgewater, NJ Computer Analyst
● Implemented Accounting Financial Income (AFI) System using Cognos Impromptu 5.0 by creating distributed catalogs with capability of producing business required custom reports.
● Converted Board Report Projection System reports from Paradox to PowerBuilder and Sybase SQL Server using Embarcadero Rapid SQL 4.0 to design stored procedures/views and complex SQL queries.
June 1994 –December 1995 Bankers Trust Company, NY, NY Computer Programmer
● Responsible for extracting data using RQBE (Relational Query By Example), creating professional reports with Report Writer, designing custom screens with Screen Builder and creating applications.
● Accountable for daily and weekly operational procedures such as routine backups.