Brandywine, Maryland, 20613
Dedicated, resourceful, results-driven professional with an academic background in law and society. I am seeking to bring my work experience and academic training to a paralegal position within a law firm where I can assist with orchestrating a smooth flow of legal operations. I have experience utilizing Microsoft Office Suites, with a background in administration and research. Education
Frostburg State University-Frostburg, Maryland-December 2016 B.S. Criminal Justice: Law & Society
Dean’s List-Fall 2013, Spring 2015, Fall 2016
College of Southern Maryland- La Plata, Maryland- October 2019-February 2020 Paralegal Certification
Hank’s Oyster Bar, Washington, D.C., December 2017-Present Server Team Lead
● Manage restaurant guest experience and flow of service.
● Provide accurate information to management on key issues.
● Organize and streamline personnel to optimize guest satisfaction.
● Guarantee that all restaurant standards are met by training new hires.
● Help establish training policies to ensure the productivity of the restaurant is met.
● Allocate workload to staff members to create a successful workflow. Associated Investigators. INC., Greenbelt, MD, September 2019-May 2019 Private Investigator Contractor/Intern
● Processed the service of subpoenas or writ of summons to facilitate case administration for District Courts.
● Conducted surveillance operations to verify validity of injury in disability cases for tier one insurance companies such as Allstate and Geico.
● Collected data and conducted video surveillance to capture evidence in support of domestic and child custody cases.
● Verified and authenticated the validity and admissibility of evidence in order for it to be used for court hearings.
● Managed and organized records of all information pertinent to all investigations.
● Assisted with researching records in conducting investigations when necessary.
● Provided daily status reports to management
Granite City Food & Brewery-Oxon Hill, MD, National Harbor, January 2017-March 2018 Host Coordinator/Certified Trainer
● Managed onboarding of restaurant staff to include: efficacy in learning the reservation management system, restaurant safety and guest services best practices.
● Managed guest relations and reservation systems.
● Facilitated steady flow of restaurant service to ensure guest had exceptional experiences and quality dining.
DOJ-Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms & Explosives, Washington, D.C.,May 2016-August 2016 Office Intern
● Organized and prepared media summaries regarding unlawful activities using Microsoft Word.
● Developed Excel spreadsheets for various ATF department projects.
● Conducted research for a joint ATF and federal legislative branch special report that featured the impact of drugs and gun use within the Washington, DC Metropolitan area.
● Organized database of photo line-ups for potential suspects using Microsoft PowerPoint.
● Learned to safely operate various firearms and weapons.
● Organized and maintained confidential information.
● Assisted with successful flow of daily administrative tasks. Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers, Inc. Washington D.C. April 2011- June 2012 (seasonal) Office Intern
● Organized, managed, and maintained documents and equipment in the office.
● Organized meeting materials for higher level employees.
● Maintained communication with all levels of personnel to gather and convey information about projects and daily tasks.
Skills & Abilities
● Experience collaborating and communicating with higher level officials and staff.
● Knowledge on preparing legal documents.
● Knowledge on conducting a legal interview.
● Knowledge on conducting legal analysis and problem solving.
● Ensure effective and efficient institutional operations.
● Experience conducting research and presenting reports.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suites.
● Strong interpersonal communication skills.
● Flexible and effective in prioritizing multiple concurrent projects.
● Exemplary planning and organizational skills
● Adept at maintaining confidential information.
● Resourceful and adept at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.