Southern Methodist University Education Dallas, TX Lyle School of Engineering
Master of Science, Mechanical Engineering GPA: 3.62 / 4.0 May 2020 Sharif University of Technology Tehran, Iran
Master of Science in Aerospace Engineering GPA: 3.72 / 4.0 Dec 2012 Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering GPA: 3.52 / 4.0 Sep 2010 Computer Aided Engineering Skills
• Structural, Modal, and Heat Transfer numerical analysis utilizing ANSYS and ABAQUS.
• ANSYS Parametric Design Language (APDL).
• Thermo-Fluid simulation using Fluent.
• MATLAB, MAPLE and Mathematica.
• SolidWorks, CATIA and AutoCAD.
• Computational fluid dynamics analysis such as Surface Evolver, ANSYS CFD and CFX. Skills in Equipment and Methods
• High power direct diode laser and IPG fiber laser systems for advanced manufacturing, Laser-Aided Manufacturing and material processing applications.
• Online monitoring and closed loop control by a high-speed camera and green laser as a lighting source.
• Optical profilometry system for roughness measurement.
• LXRD laboratory non-destructive residual stress measurement.
• Metallographic methods, specially: sample preparation, etching, microstructure interpretation, optical microscopy, SEM, EDX and XRD.
• Different tests such as fatigue, wear, erosion, corrosion, tensile, shear, bending, impact and hardness. Experience
Southern Methodist University Dallas, TX
Graduate Research Assistant Jan 2017 - Present
• Accomplished a project funded by ESAB on hybrid laser/arc welding of thick and difficult-to-weld materials.
• Optimized the welding of highly reflective materials by an adjustable ring mode (ARM) fiber laser.
• Developed numerical simulation programs (ANSYS FPDL) of heat-transfer and evolution of residual stress in the laser materials processing.
University of Tennessee Knoxville Knoxville, TN
Graduate Research Assistant Aug 2014 – Jan 2017
• Fulfilled a research project funded by 3M Inc. about Liquid-Infused, Mechanically Activated Porous Biomaterials.
• Established a fluid numerical analysis to predict the minimal energy wettings’ states of different liquids in various elastomer infused pore shaped materials.
Teaching Assistant System Dynamics, Spring 2016 Mechanics, Fall 2016
Sharif University of Technology Tehran, Iran
Graduate Research Assistant Sep 2010 – Dec 2012
• Modeled, simulated and analyzed a full-scale Cessna-187 airplane structure utilizing CATIA, SOLIDWORKS and ABAQUS software.
• Numerically predicted the effect of damages such as cracks, inclusions, corrosion, and residual stresses on the age of composite and metal structures of aeronauts and extended their age under different fatigue forces.
R&D Engineer at Aerospace Composite Lab
• Created Finite Element Methods of aeronauts’ composite and metal structures.
• Organized the experiment design and manufacturing process development of mechanical structures and improved material selection procedures.
Teaching Assistant Finite Element Methods, Fall 2011 Advanced Composite Materials, Spring 2011 Certifications
Object Oriented Programming (OOPs) for JAVA (Credential), Advanced C Programming (Credential), Agile Development Practices (Credential), AutoCAD 2019 Essential Training (Credential), AutoCAD Electrical (Credential), C++ Essential Training (Credential), HTML5 Programming (Credential), Learning CATIA v5 (Credential), MATLAB 2018 Essential Training, (Credential), Learning MATLAB (Credential), SOLIDWORKS 2016 Essential Training (Credential), AutoCAD Electrical Video Tutorial Training (Credential), KiCad. Printed Circuit Board Design (Credential), PFDs, Material Balances and Separator Design (Credential).