S KARTHIKAYAN New No.**, Venkateswara Enclave,
Sree Ramapuram First Street,
Choolai Medu, Chennai-600 094
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
To Secure a responsible position in account management and serve as an account representative sharing my breadth of experience and abilities effecting mutual employee and employer growth and success. EDUCATION PROFILE:
• ICWA – Inter from the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of India.
• B.com - From the University Of Madras – (1989-1991) COMPUTER PROFICIENCY:
• Diploma in “EXPERT ACCOUNTANT” covering “Tally”, and MS-Office.
• Good working knowledge in Oracles Apps and capable of maintaining entire accounts in the same.
Worked in Life Style International Private Ltd as a Asst.Manager-Commercail from Oct 2006 to August 2018
Nature of Jobs in Current Organization:
• Retail Sales Accounting – Cash, Credit card, Coupons, Schemes, Commissions, Display income and related accounting & reconciliations.
• Finance & Banking - Sales collections, Vendors & non vendor payments, Retail outlet payments & reimbursements, statutory payments and related reconciliations.
• Inventory Accounting - Warehouse purchase, Debit & credit notes, Promotional recoveries, Additional Margins, stock movements, outlet stock accounting, physical stock take co-ordination, shrinkage, etc
• Capex Accounting – Providing new outlet capex proposals with Investment & profitability plan for Management approvals, fixed assets register & movements, Capex payment processing & co- ordination with project team.
• Taxation – Sales tax computation, returns filing, annual assessments, tax saving forms, registrations & renewals, liaison with authorities, Maintaining Registers, Income tax deductions
& providing forms, staff guidance for payroll tax, etc. 2 /2
• Statutory Licenses – Registration and renewal of business licenses like Labour, Fire and EPF, ESI, Professional tax.
• Approving & Forwarding- All trade creditors bills type like outright both local and interstate consignments and imports
• Finalization of Accounts – From Oracle APPS Financial Statements, Store wise and regional profitability reports, balance sheet, comparison & cost centre analysis, cash flow, Gross margin report, reconciliations of BRS, Internal & External Audit co-ordination.
• Budget & MIS – Annual budgets and against monthly estimates and actuals, reporting variances, Gross Margin analysis with category wise, Stores performance, Cost, Inventory, Freight cost & Man power analysis, etc
• SOP Preparation & implementation – Financial procedures & Reports, Cost control, shrinkage, template for daily reports and training, providing solutions. From Sep 2005 to Oct 2006 In ODYSSEY INDIA LTD as “Accounts Officer” the job profile handling is as below:
• Department wise Creditors reports
• Department wise Vendor reconciliation
• Booking of Store wise Daily Sales reports
• Booking of Respective Branch expenses
• Booking of Store wise Collection reports
• Co-ordination of All branches Petty cash & other Normal expenses
• Inter branch reconciliations & other reports like MIS, Operating cost
• Monthly Item & Branch wise Stock In & Out reports
• Reconciling the Monthly GRN with Tally report
• Booking of Monthly entries like Salary,Pf, Esi, Tds & Sales Tax
• Finalization of Accounts like Preparing Trial balance, Balance Sheet & Subsequent Schedules
• Calculating Depreciation for All Fixed Assests
• Preparing reports for Sales Tax –Monthly & Annual Returns
• Maintaining Register like C Forms, Form F
• Preparing ROC & Income Tax Returns
• Supervising the Routine works of the Assistants
• Coordinating the Internal & Statuary Audits
From May’2004 to August’2005 in NICCO UCO ALLIANCE CREDIT LTD a leading Non Banking Finance Company under the “NICCO” Group as “Officer – Accounts” the work assignments handled are :
• Preparation & Accounting for Cash, Bank payment and receipt vouchers.
• Accounting for the Branch Imprests of 16 Branches operated from Chennai.
• Accounting for Travel Advance, Other Advances and their subsequent Settlements.
• Preparation of Bank reconciliation statement.
• Reconciliation of payable and receivable Accounts.
• Follow-up on unsettled loans and advances.
• Preparation of Audit Schedules
• Compliance to various statutory payments viz. TDS, PF, ESI, etc.. by remitting the same within due dates.
• Co ordination with statutory & internal Auditors. 3 /2
From Nov’2001 to Apr’2004 In Madras Elastomers Ltd. as “Accounts Officer” the job profile handled is as below:
• Maintaining the Entire accounts of 6 Group companies
• Accounting for purchases & sales.
• Preparation of stock statement and reporting to management on stock movement.
• Reconciliation of Branch Accounts.
• Preparation of monthly & annual Sales Tax Returns.
• Preparation of Documents relating to Exports.
• Preparation of Trial Balance & Auditing Schedule. From Aug’2000 to Oct’2001 worked in Econ Engineering (P) Ltd., and from Nov’95 to Aug’2000 in SICAL Civil Engineers as “Site Accountant” responsible for
• Maintaining site accounts and handling labour related matters like labour records and releasing labour payments
• Controlling & Handling Stores.
• Co-ordinating for Getting ISO-9002.
• Administration of all site work
From Apr’94 to Sep’95 in RAMKAASHYAP INVESTMENTS LTD, Chennai, as “Account Officer” and From Aug’92 to Apr’94 in ABEL TRONICS PVT LTD, as “Accounts Assistant” in charge of
• Cash and Bank Transactions
• Bank Reconciliation
• Branch Reconciliation
• Payroll related assignments like salary disbursement, PF Deductions & remittances. From Dec’91 to May’92 in SPIC Ltd., Chennai as Trainee in Accounts Department. PERSONAL DETAILS
Date of Birth & Age : 20/12/1969, 49Years.
Marital Status : Married
Father Name : Late S. Subramanian
Languages Known : Tamil, English