JOHN C. DEAN
Very detail oriented, meticulous and thorough.
Enthusiastic and self-motivated.
Work well in any environment.
Over 33 years of experience in industrial maintenance.
Supervisory and Team Leader experience.
Vertical/Horizontal Milling Machines
ERT Safety Team member
Familiar with Tsugami, Okuma, Mori-Seiki platforms
Team member coaching
Training junior team members
Collaborative team member
Hiring and onboarding team members
Strong Mechanical Background
33 years of experience
Strong supervisory experience
Senior Maintenance Manager 08/2016 to 2019
Smith & Wesson – Springfield, MA
Implemented preventive maintenance practices and upheld equipment guidelines to reduce downtime
Researched and implemented a new CMMS (Emaint from Megamation)
Responsible for 61 direct reports covering machine repair, preventive maintenance and lubrication teams
Strong project management overseeing capital projects
Developed and maintained department training matrix
Managed a changeover from 8 hr. to 12 hr. shifts. A turnover of 1/3 of my workforce and maintained equipment uptime
Coordinated many machine moves thru rigging companies or thru internal resources
Responsible for over 7 million dollars of spare parts inventory
Strong verbal skills and conflict resolution
Over 33 years of experience in machine repair
Excellent troubleshooting skills
Developed overall strategy for the department
Senior Maintenance Coordinator 07/2016 to 2019
Smith & Wesson Corporation – Springfield, MA
· Directing all work activities of the salary and hourly workforce, establishing goals, monitoring results, and taking actions as necessary
· Working closely with other areas such as production, engineering, environmental health and safety, supply chain, human resources, training and payroll,
· Responsible for the daily management of all machine repair processes including: Department staffing and training - Quality Control - Inventory Control - Process Improvement - Workflow Management - Personnel attendance
· Ensuring effective employee relations; providing employee coaching and development; making employment decisions; resolving employee issues through problem resolution
· Balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas; working to continuously improve in all areas
· Managing departmental performance measures, including visual controls and providing regular progress reports to process line manager
· Participating in and providing training and development
· Maintaining and controlling departmental budget
Electronics Technician III 06/2008 to 08/2016
Smith & Wesson – Springfield, Ma.
Troubleshoot and maintain various types of manufacturing equipment, including but not limited to CNC lathes, milling machines and ancillary equipment
Utilize on-board diagnostics, multi-meters and other test equipment to determine root cause failure
Perform timely repairs, working closely with production staff to reduce or eliminate equipment downtime
Research and submit requisitions for recommended spare parts
Team Leader and department troubleshooter
Maintenance Mechanic 01/2007 to 01/2008
Light Life Foods – Montague, Ma.
Troubleshoot, maintain and repair various types of food processing equipment
Maintenance Mech. /Mechanical Supervisor 01/1998 to 01/2007
Yankee Candle Co – South Deerfield, MA.
Maintain, repair and troubleshoot various types of industrial equipment Electrical troubleshooting Pipe fitting, welding, brazing and soldering
Safety Team member 2nd shift supervisor with a staff of over 12 people
Oversee Spare Parts Inventory
Familiar with MP2 CMMS
Maintenance Mechanic 01/1995 to 01/1998
The Kimball Co
Troubleshooting and repair of protective packaging equipment, rotary die cutters and printing presses
Welding, brazing and soldering Minor metal fabrication work Electrical troubleshooting
Maintenance Mechanic 01/1988 to 01/1995
Kellogg Brush Mfg. Co – Easthampton, MA.
Troubleshooting and repair Electrical Troubleshooter Assisted Engineering with development, fabrication and machine building Safety Team Member
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration school
Aviation Machinist Mate 10/1982 to 10/1986
U. S. Navy – San Diego, CA.
Repair and maintain Lockheed S-3A Viking aircraft Certified flight line troubleshooter
Certified Quality Inspector
Engine Start-up/High Power Check certified
Flight Deck Troubleshooter
Served aboard two aircraft carriers
Promoted to E-5
Honorable Discharge at end of obligated service
Easthampton High School - Easthampton, MA.
Porter & Chester Institute - Chicopee, MA