ON, L4X 1S8 email@example.com
A hardworking, pro-active global procurement and purchase professional with an upbeat and positive attitude, who is looking for an opportunity to make a big difference in a business that is moving forward. Possessing a track record of achievements and a proven ability to manage the vendor / supplier base to reduce lead time and cost wherever possible. Results driven and able to use initiative to develop effective solutions to supply chain problems, whilst having an active and dynamic approach to work and getting things done efficiently.
DEC 2019 – PRESENT WAREHOUSE ASSOCIATE
Focus Area: Working on the front-line fulfilling customer’s orders within the fulfillment center in inbound department with strong focus on the customer experience, quality, safety, and productivity
OCT 2019 – NOV 2019 PURCHASING & OFFICE ADMINISTRATION CIMMASTER INC., MISSISSAUGA
Focus Areas: Purchasing of Materials and Services & Office Administration
• Purchase all materials, supplies needed for the business (machining workshop & fabrication workshop) including various metals;
• Outsource parts for laser cutting, flame cutting, plasma cutting etc.;
• Review all new incoming work orders, print appropriate drawings and release to production based on deliver dates;
• Handle all incoming inquiries from customers and suppliers and provide accurate feedback on delivery timelines;
• Accounts receivable and collections on over-due accounts. Reporting: President & General Manager
JAN 2011 – SEP 2019 HEAD PROCUREMENT & TRADING (SCRAP METAL TRADING DIVISION) DUFLON INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD.
Focus Areas: Global Procurement, Indenting and Trading of Scrap Metals
• Plan, implement, review and tune the activities of trading business;
• Responsible for profit and loss;
• Locate, select, bid, and procure materials from scrap yards or thru traders/brokers/partners in different geographical locations;
• Offer secured / unsecured material to prospective customers and finalization of sale to the highest bidder;
• Determine and negotiate INCO terms (FOB, FAS, CFR, CIF etc.) with the customer;
• Determine and negotiate payment terms (% Pre-Payment, LC, CAD etc.);
• Identification, negotiation and finalization of logistic partner for Imports/Exports;
• Develop and implement sourcing strategies;
• Develop and implement marketing and sales strategies;
• Analyzing of consumer demand, potential sales volumes and develop strategies to increase sales;
• Resolve customer’s and client’s complaints and claims;
• Tracking of different world markets, demand supply situation, pricing situation and policy of international trading.
JAN 2007- DEC 2010 HEAD PURCHASE & OPERATIONS (MACHINED CASTING DIVISION) DUFLON INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD., INDIA
Focus Area: Responsible for efficient and cost-effective procurement and operations of Foundry & Machining workshops
• Plan effective strategies to ensure profitability and financial well-being of Foundry and Machining workshops
• Negotiate and finalize contract terms and conditions, prices and credit terms of procurement for raw material and consumables.
• Developing vendors for process outsourcing and negotiate and finalize on cost and contract terms.
• Managing a team of 146 personnel which includes 4 Managers, 3 Deputy Managers and 6 Engineers.
• Work closely with different functions and plan long term as well as the short term goals.
• Oversee staffing requirements as well as personnel and administrative issues.
• Implementation of ISO quality management system and ERP
• Review financial statements, sales and purchase reports, MIS reports and other performance data.
• To maintain and develop relations with existing customers through high levels of service.
• Oversee statutory compliances.
• Keeping track of Competitors and local market.
Reporting: Managing Director
OCT 2004- DEC 2006 HEAD PROJECTS
DUFLON INDUSTRIES PVT. LTD., INDIA
Focus Area: Concept to Commissioning of Foundry and Machining Workshops
• Identification and evaluation of possible areas of development and expansion, backward integration, creation of new vertical in consultation with management
• Preparation of Project Report
• Identification, head hunting and negotiating for key personnel
• Project appraisal, site selection, capacity determination, machine and equipment selection, request for quotes, negotiation, supplier selection and contract finalization
• Defining, inviting, negotiating and finalizing works and contracts allocation
• Liaising with government agencies and private agencies for required approvals and permissions
• Project scheduling, regular reviews and follow up
• Overseeing machine commissioning and trials
• Establishment of supply chain
Reporting: Managing Director
2002-04 MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MARKETING) Banaras Hindu University, India
1996-00 BACHELOR OF SCIENCE
Ranchi University, India
2013 CERTIFIED TRAINING IN EXPORTS AND IMPORTS FOR SMALL SCALE UNITS Ahmedabad Management Association, Industries Commissionerate, Government of Gujarat, India
Well versed in MS Office, Outlook, Internet, Account Edge, Tally and SAP. Canadian Language Benchmarks Placement Test Score: Listening – 8, Speaking – 8, Reading – 8, Writing – 8. Recommended Placement CLB 9