DWIGHT E. BOWMAN
Vale, NC ****8
A challenging position with a growing organization in Quality Management or Quality Engineering offering an opportunity to identify road blocks, reduce scrap and improve customer satisfaction. QUALIFICATIONS
Fifteen plus years in Quality Departments with various manufacturing facilities in automotive plastics, steel fabrication and tool
& die. Previous positions as Corporate Quality/Purchasing Manager, Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Supervisor, and Coordinate Measuring Machine operator. Performed procurement activities for three manufacturing plants. International import and export knowledge. Extensive ISO/QS9000, IATF16949 knowledge including Lead Auditor Certification. Lean 6 Sigma Training – Green Belt Manufacturing and JIT. Excellent PC skills. EDUCATION
1992-1995 Bachelor of Arts Degree in Business Administrations with emphasis in Management and Marketing, Evening College, Lenoir-Rhyne, Hickory, NC.
Apr. '19 – Present
Fiber Optical Inspector – Prysmian
- Verify fiber lenth, no slopes/breaks for all fiber cables prior to stranding process. Sept.'17-Oct. '18
Quality Engineer, SAFT America
- Launched new product line with control plans and magnified KPI's using automotive background to strengthen APQP.
- Worked closely with new suppliers and secured successful start-up and minimized any potential scrap.
- Successfully passed ISO9000 on first attempt with the new revised standard. Aug.'16- May '17
Senior Quality Engineer, Wilbert Plastic Services
- Implemented launch of multiple new products through dimensional studies and PPAP submissions.
- Updated/revised TS16949 and ISO140001 documentation and successfully passed auditors requirements to continue certification approvals.
Quality Engineer, Turbocoating Inc.
- Promoted quality culture and policies by training production for continuous improvements and preparation for ISO audits.
- Performed new employee Quality orientation training.
- Lead NCR (Non-conforming Report) for internal defects and containment. Contacted customers with all non-conforming issues for disposition.
Quality Engineer/Supervisor, Continental Structural Plastics, Lenoir, NC (formerly Magna Composites)
- Ensured successful roll-out of new products by participating in and reviewing the Life Cycle Management process deliverables (design plan, gage plan, control plan, FMEA, etc)
- Used APQP to establish successful launch using Control Plans and met with other departments to finalize FMEA.
- Promoted quality culture and policies by training production and office personnel in various quality disciplines
- Maintained and improved the in-process and final inspection activities within the manufacturing departments
- Quality improvements created and displayed on metrics as corrections were made and posted. (KPI's)