DIANE L. PARAVISINI
Wakefield, RI 02879
Highly organized professional with strong analytical, communication, organizational, research, and time management skills. Computer and Microsoft Office Suite proficient. Excellent written and presentation abilities. Knowledge of the legal system and RI Judicial Portal.
Regent University, Robertson School of Government Virginia Beach, VA Master of Arts: Government 2008
Certifications in Public Administration, Health Care Policy & Administration, and Terrorism & Homeland Defense – (GPA 3.87)
Alpha Epsilon Theta Honor Society (Pi Sigma Alpha Chapter) Roger Williams University Bristol, RI
Bachelor of Science: Paralegal Studies 2004
Alpha Sigma Lambda National Honor Society (Rho Alpha Chapter) ADDITIONAL TRAINING/INTERNSHIP:
Rhode Island Family Court Providence, RI
Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Internship/Volunteer 2003-2007 Advocated for child victims in Family Court cases involving abuse and/or neglect which entailed training in the areas of child abuse, foster care, special education and educational issues, court observations, court reviews and in-services. Accomplishments:
• Awarded 2005 Distinction Award from (NFPA) for pro bono service
• Awarded 2004 President’s Volunteer Award
MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PC Law Billing and Accounting, PowerPoint, Time Matters, WordPerfect Abacus, CaseAware, Defender Data, LPS, RICHIST Case Management, Citation Checking/Shepardizing Westlaw and Nexis/Lexis Legal Research
State of RI Department of Children, Youth & Families Wakefield, RI PARALEGAL (Temporary) 2018 - Present
Paralegal services to the County Attorney for Washington, Newport and Kent Counties that entails providing discovery, preparing various motions, decrees, TPRs, Case Management, Ex Parte documents, E-Filing, legal research and preparation for Trials (gathering of witnesses, subpoenas) for Child Protective Agency. Marinosci Law Group, P.C. Warwick, RI
DEFAULT CURATIVE PARALEGAL 2015 – 2016
Paralegal services in the Default Servicing Department which entailed title curative work prior to real estate transactions.
Shechtman Halperin Savage, LLP Pawtucket, RI
FORECLOSURE PARALEGAL 2012-2015
Paralegal services in the Foreclosure Department which entailed the review and preparation of all documents from pre- foreclosure, foreclosure sale, to post-foreclosure accounting; Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure, HUD and Quitclaim Deed preparation and tax forms.
• Recommended more efficient ways of completing client requested documents; assisted in creating merged documents from templates; and suggested that a designated person and/or person work the client websites to allow the remaining Paralegals to manage their caseloads more efficiently. All recommendations have been implemented.
DIANE L. PARAVISINI
1221 Saugatucket Road, Apt. 230 E
Wakefield, RI 02879
Law Offices of the Public Defender for the County of Riverside Murrieta, CA PARALEGAL II 2007-2011
Paralegal services for local government agency that specialized in Criminal law, Juvenile/Educational law and Mental Health. Researched and analyzed statutes, court decisions, criminal pleadings, police reports, and legal documents. Interviewed incarcerated clients to obtain social histories for applicable motions. Prepared an array of motions, affidavits and declarations. Summarized, organized, and indexed documents into trial notebooks. Obtained and gathered information regarding expert witnesses testifying at trials. Assisted attorneys in the court room by explaining legal procedure with clients, reviewing and processing plea agreements, probation terms and conditions, court-ordered programs and referrals, violation of probation forms, and financial and interview forms with clients. Researched and identified placement resources in alternative sentencing of client. Attended Individualized Educational Plan meetings at local schools. Provided office Paralegal services that involved special projects and assistance to clients in expunging convictions upon completion of probation.
• Created protocols, templates, procedures for newly instituted Mental Health Court and conducted a presentation and training to fellow Paralegals and management
• Completely restructured motion writing that entailed the creation of protocols, templates and procedures and conducted a presentation to fellow Paralegals and management
• Promoted to Paralegal II within eighteen months of hire and awarded Paralegal of the Year for 2008 Perspectives Corporation North Kingstown, RI
DIRECT SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL 2006-2007
Support to adults with developmental disabilities, mental illness and physical challenges in a residential setting which entailed the assistance in community-based employment and the participation in and contribution to community life. Accomplishments:
• Trained in CPR and medication administration
• Demonstrated sincere care for clients’’ well-being Temporary Positions Warwick, RI
PARALEGAL/LEGAL SECRETARY 2004-2006
Paralegal and administrative services for law firms that specialized in Family, Bankruptcy, Collection, Corporate, Litigation, Real Estate, Estate Administration, Estate Planning and Probate law Accomplishments:
• Drafted and completed a Brief for an attorney/client that was successfully accepted by the Court
• Continuously conducted legal research utilizing Westlaw, Nexis/Lexis James V. Auckerman & Associates, LLC Wakefield, RI LEGAL ASSISTANT/LEGAL SECRETARY 2003-2004
Legal Assistant and administrative services for a law firm that specialized in Corporate, Elder Law, Estate Planning, Like-Kind Exchange Real Estate, Probate, and Real Estate law. Accomplishments:
• Effectively and completely organized firm’s computer directories; revised firm’s counsel fee agreements and assisted in creating an Office Procedural Manual
• Recognized for strong technical skills and continuously assisted co-workers and attorney with troubleshooting computer problems
Current State of Rhode Island Notary Public