Address: No 6, Malleshwaran Koil Street,
Mylapore, Chennai – 600004, Tamil Nadu.
• To deliver “Success” in any company's line of business.
• Seeking assignments in Internal Audit /Accounts & Finance with a high growth oriented organization.
• Around 7 years of work experience in providing Risk Advisory Services, Internal Audit and Core Accounting.
• Self-starter with a “can do” attitude
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for details.
• Extremely productive in a high volume, high stress, environment. ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION
The Institute of Internal Auditors, Florida
(to appear for 2 papers)
The Institute of Company Secretaries of India
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) (Accounting and Finance) M.O.P.Vaishnav College for Women, Nungambakkam, Chennai-37 University of Madras
Sir Sivaswamy Kalalaya Senior Secondary School, Chennai Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, India 2008-2009, 85.6%
Sir Sivaswamy Kalalaya Senior Secondary School, Chennai Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi, India 2006-2007, 65%
Mar 2015 to Present
Grant Thornton India LLP
Position : Assistant Manager – Governance, Risk & Operations (Internal Audit)
Description : • Performed Enterprise Risk Management Service for a Manufacturing and service industry which acts as authorized service provider for multiple brands and for a healthcare industry.
• Executed end-to-end review of procure to pay, operating expenses, revenue and receivables, HR & Payroll, Accounts & Finance for a listed Manufacturing and service company which acts as an authorized distributor of a leading mobile brand.
• Performed review of working capital management for a leading paper pulp and paper industry.
• Key team member to perform Delegation of Authority (DOA) review for a leading automotive industry.
• Executed end-to-end review of procure to pay, operating expenses, revenue and receivables, HR & Payroll, Accounts & Finance for a leading elevator and escalator manufacturers and a listed company.
• Independently executed secretarial compliance audit for a leading listed company.
• Performed process, control design and operating effectiveness review (Under ICAI guidelines-IFC/IFCoFR) of a leading company selling, installing and maintaining elevators in India and Engineering construction industry.
• Performed analytical review in Procure to pay process of a leading manufacturing concern.
• Performed operating effectiveness review (under ISAE 3402 standard) for business processes transitioned from Health Services UK to its Shared Services Center in India.
• Executed Follow-up audit covering Order to Cash, HR & Payroll, Inventory management, Procurement for leading chemical manufacturers.
Exposure : Overall exposure towards Internal Audit, IFC /IFCoFR review, COSO Framework and application knowledge in Companies Act 2013. Sep 2014 to Mar 2015
Mukesh, Manish and Kalpesh Chartered accountants,Chennai Position : Associate – Internal Audit
Description : • Performed Internal audit for an education sector covering areas of Fixed Asset, Payroll and travel expenses accounting.
• Supported the Internal Audit team in preparing Internal Audit reports for discussion with the principal Auditor.
• Performed VAT Audit for a leading automobile industry. Exposure : Overall exposure towards Internal Audit and Secretarial Audit and VAT Audit. Application knowledge in Companies Act 2013. May 2012 to Sep 2014
Cognizant Technology Solutions India Private Ltd, Chennai Position : Coordinator – Finance (Accounts Payable team) Description : AP team takes care of the Accounts Payable process of all the entities and branches of Cognizant in India, Middle East and Asia Pacific countries. The Role is responsible to creating accounting entries in the books of accounts based on the invoices received. The role’s responsibilities include checking of invoices for various statutory obligations and accounting the same under appropriate business units capturing the appropriate account and project codes. The role’s responsibilities also include accounting of Service Tax and TDS liability in the books of accounts depending upon the nature of transaction accounted for. Additional responsibilities like responding to various queries by internal and external auditors and also to the top management.
Areas Handled : • Part of the Telecommunication team handling the vendor management part which is so pivotal to accounting of liabilities in the books of accounts.
• Part of the accounting (AP) team in creating and checking of entries for expense booking for all types of account codes.
(Specialization in sub-contracting and recruitment account codes).
• Part (checker role) of the Sub contracting automation system
(SPA - in-house developed system) launched for US region. Exposure : Overall exposure towards core accounting and vendor management. TRAININGS & WORKSHOPS
• Personality empowerment programme
• Presentation Skills
• Computer Information and Application programme
• Workshop on Life Skills
• Workshop on Goal Setting
• Workshop on Career Management
• Workshop on leadership skills
• Seminar on Financial Security and Wealth creation
• Symposium on Micro Small and Medium Enterprise
• Seminar on Money Matters- Saving options
• Workshop on networking for best results
INTERNSHIPS & PROJECTS
• Internship at The India cements Ltd, Chennai (2011) (Period 2 month – Role in General Ledger)
• Internship at MOP Vaishnav College on Advanced Business Analysis through spreadsheet o Pivot charts & tables for report generation
o Diagrammatic presentation & reporting of business parameters and trends o Creation of reports – Loan repayment schedule, variance analysis, etc.
• Project on - Business plan for Kitchen Garden in Schools
• Project on - New Product Development: Suitcase cum sofa – contribution towards product design, product feasibility and pricing
• Secured school 2nd in Business Studies and school 2nd in Accountancy
• Cleared CS inter in first attempt
• Working knowledge in MS Excel and MS Power point
• Working Knowledge in MS Visio
• Working knowledge in People Soft General Ledger and Accounts Payable module.
• Tally 7.2 and 9
FATHER'S NAME : Vijayakrishnan.J
DATE OF BIRTH : 9th June, 1992
MARTIAL STATUS : Married
LANGUAGES KNOWN : English, Hindi, Sanskrit and Tamil NATIONALITY : Indian
HOBBIES : Browsing the net, listening music and Reading books. DECLARATION
I hereby declare that all the information stated above is true to the best of my knowledge. PLACE: CHENNAI Yours faithfully
TOOLS AND APPLICATIONS