KATHLEEN K. MCMAHON
Valuation Analyst with extensive experience in evaluating companies, analyzing markets and databases, resolving pricing discrepancies, and conducting valuation reports. Possess great analytical skills, well-developed teamwork abilities, and ability to schedule priorities while running multiple tasks.
Fixed Income Evaluator Quantitative Market Research
Pricing/Valuation Analysis Develop/Maintain client relationships
Risk Analysis/Management Data Quality/Database Management
Financial Reporting Policies and Procedures
AAFCPAs, Boston, MA March-October 2019
Business Valuation Analyst for Forensic and Valuation Services Group
Performed Business Valuations for marital dissolution, collaborative divorce engagements, conventional litigation divorce engagements, shareholder buyouts and disputes, mergers and acquisitions, Buy/Sell agreements, ESOP’s, succession planning and 409A across a variety of sectors by interpreting financial ratios as well as data and document intensive financial analysis focusing on the Capitalization of Earnings Method, Discounted Cash Flow Method, Weighted Average Cost of Capital, Build-Up Method, Asset, Market Methodologies, and Intangible Asset Models.
• Led business valuation engagements including information gathering, due diligence, financial modeling, report writing, and review by determining the purpose, standard, premise, level of value approaches and methods used in the engagement.
• Prepared written valuation reports for clients documenting and presenting entity specific information, economic and industry trends and outlook, financial analysis, and valuation methods, assumptions and conclusions.
• Performed various financial and ratio analysis using excel-based modeling by analyzing financials, tax returns and other operational data. Worked with financial models for discounted cash flows, market multiple, market transaction and option pricing analysis.
• Transacted economic and industry research, examining public and private sector operating performance.
• Developed proposals and presentations for current and prospective clients for litigation and valuation engagements.
• Adhered to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
REFINITIV, New York, NY 2001 - 2018
Provided timely and accurate end-of-day evaluations for Canadian and US Investment Grade, High Yield, Convertible bonds as well as Bank Loans. Managed 10K+ securities daily. Performed valuation analyses of various investment securities for institutional clients including asset managers, hedge funds, private equity firms and business development companies.
• Evaluated securities across the capital structure for liquid and illiquid issues. Assessed financial components of bonds, integrated Evaluated securities across the capital structure for liquid and illiquid issues. Assessed financial components of bonds, integrated environmental, social and governmental factors into analysis findings.
• Developed and implemented mixed method evaluation designs including identification of theoretical frameworks, methods and instruments. Conducted data queries and data cleansing, increasing the universe of Canadian issues by 90%, which led to increased coverage and sales.
• Maintained existing pricing models as well as increased sector coverage, utilizing advanced Excel to build fixed income models, improving efficiency by 25% and accuracy to 98%.
• Identified and remedied data discrepancies, increasing the universe price by 30%.
• Accounted for Market factors such as underlying equity price, yield curve of the bond currency, volatility and credit agency analysis, ensuring accuracy of pricing.
• Monitored and interpreted new rules and regulations ensuring prices complied with regulations. Identified and addressed any gaps between existing processes and new regulatory requirements.
• Assisted with error analysis, action plan development and implementation. Led projects for scope and ensuring deadlines were met.
• Supported model development, model validation services, and model risk management efforts as part of client engagements, increasing efficiency of pricing and mitigating manual errors.
• Defined and initiated projects for automation of manual tasks, increasing operational efficiency and reducing manual error. Developed, directed and contributed to technology resources to build out, improve, enhance and streamline existing models and automated pricing processes to execute and complete accurate valuations.
• Researched, resolved and responded to client evaluation challenges and inquiries, consistently in the 90% for time delivery and detailed responses.
• Bachelor of Arts (BA), General Studies, University of Connecticut, Stamford, CT