AKSHAY JAIPAL SIGAR
Email id: firstname.lastname@example.org Contact No. +1-315-***-**** LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/akshay-sigar EDUCATION:
Syracuse University, School of Information Studies, Syracuse, New York May 2021 Master of Science in Information Management GPA: 4/4 Courses: Data Science, Data Administration and Database Management, Information Visualization K. J. Somaiya College of Engineering, Mumbai May 2019 Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering GPA: 8.42/10 Courses: Big Data Analytics, Data Warehouse and Mining, Advance Database Management System EXPERIENCE:
Graduate Faculty Assistant (Computer Networks) – Syracuse University September 2019-Present
Working closely with course instructors to enhance and deliver weekly lab modules to students.
Assisting over 150 students to improve their hands on technical and problem-solving skills by answering questions and reviewing their lab progress.
Conducting Labs based on management of digital computer networks, including network standards, LANs
(Ethernet and Wi-Fi), mobile networks, and Internet protocols and services. Business Intelligence Intern - JK Enterprise, Mumbai, India June 2018-September 2018
● Designed dashboards using matplotlib, plotly, ggplot libraries in Python to generate meaningful data insights.
● Worked closely with Senior Management for new ways to increase revenues in a team of 4. Intern Android Application Developer -Transport Corporation of India, Mumbai May 2016-August 2016
● Designed and developed android application in the team of 5.
● Created UI designs and implementing the front-end development of the android app.
● Tested for robustness, usability, and general reliability. ACADEMIC PROJECTS:
Room Reservation Management System September 2019- December 2019
• Collaborated with Concord Housing LLC in a team of 2 to gather information about their existing room reservation portal and identified shortcomings in their existing system.
• Developed a 3NF Entity Relationship Diagram using MS Visio to automate the booking and bill generation process as well as to tackle the issue of overbooking.
• Designed the database using MS SQL Server to perform ETL operations and maintained it using views and triggers.
• Created interface for the users using forms in MS Access and generated business reports for the client. The system facilitated an increased efficiency of 40% in automating the booking and bill generation process. Customer Survey Data Analysis for Southeast Airlines (R studio): September 2019- December 2019
• Analyzed the dataset having 32 attributes and 10282 observations to identify patterns for low customer satisfaction.
• Performed Data cleaning and summarized the data using statistical visualizations in R studio.
• Performed Linear Regression and Associate Rules Mining to determine the key variables and their associations.
• Proposed insightful recommendations based on statistical analysis and modelling to improve customer satisfaction. Smart Goods Transportation - Development of Prototype using Time Series Analysis: July 2018- April 2019
● Implemented IoT systems in a team of 4 with sensors to sense pollution content in the air and collected this data real-time using a cloud platform. Developed lightweight ECC for encryption of a One-time Password.
● Developed three android applications using the android studio.
● Cleaned and sampled the data using R. Used SARIMA to implement a time series analysis on the refined dataset. Customer’s Purchase Behavior Prediction (Spark and tableau): January 2019- April 2019
● Cleaned the dataset and classified the important features for forecasting.
● Performed Data analysis to find likelihood of customer purchasing the product using Pyspark. CERTIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
1. Nanhi Kali (Syracuse Chapter) - Member November 2019 2. Event Head in Radium Football at College Fest at Dr. D.Y. Patil Polytechnic. December 2016