Nayani Dhammika Weerathunga,
BSc Hons (QS), GCGI, Dip. in Eng., MIIE(SL),I.Eng., (Quantity Surveyor) Mobile: +974********, email: email@example.com
• Quantity Surveyor having sound academic background and More than 17 years of extensive experience
(13Years' in Middle-East [UAE and Qatar ] on all facets of Quantity surveying practice.
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Skills at all pre contract and post contract commercial requirements and procedures.
• Knowledge and usage of various types of FIDIC forms of contracts.
• Knowledge on method of measurements (POMI, CESMM3, SMM7 and QSMM) and industry best practice.
• Knowledge and experience in Procurement methods and type of contracts such as Traditional Method, Lump Sum and Design & Build with fair knowledge in EPC, EPCM, Construction Management & Management Contract, Cost Plus and Schedule of Rates etc.
• Experience withhigh-rise developments, Airport Project, Hospital Project, road construction projects, and various Infrastructure projects.
PROFESSIONAL & EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• National Diploma in Technology (Civil Engineering Technology), University of Moratuwa, Sri Lanka, awarded in 1996
• Quantity Surveying Part I & Part II – The City & Guild of London Institute, United Kingdom. Certificates awarded in 1995 & 1996.
• Civil Engineering Graduateship, City & Guilds of London Institute, United Kingdom. Equivalent to BSc. Hons Engineering Degree (UK), awarded in 2007.
• BSc. In Quantity Surveying and Construction Management, awarded by University of Sheffield Hallam, United Kingdom in 2014.
• Member of Institution of Incorporated Engineers in Sri Lanka (MIIESL)
• Member of American Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering (MAACE) 2 P a g e
SUMMARY OF PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1. Infrastructure Projects
• Roads (highways, widening of existing highway, internal roads, carparks), bridges and underpass
• Electrical Substations, HV and LV networks, Street lighting network, water distribution network, stormwater network, storm water lifting station and telephone network
• Sewerage treatment plant, deep sewer line, TSE, sewerage house connecton and sewerage lifting stations
• Landscaping and hardscaping
2. Building Projects (structural, Architectural and Electromechanical works)
• Mix used developments Projects
• Hospital projects
• Highrise hotel and apartment buildings
• Highrise office buildings
• Villa compounds and residential developments projects 3. Interior fit-out projects
Key Responsibilities (PreContract);
• Take off quantities (Civil, Steel Structure, Mechanical and Infrastructure) for the preparation of Bills of Quantities based on final design drawings.
• Being the team leader, manage a team of junior QSs for preparation of BOQs for Civil & Mechanical aspects of various projects.
• Manage a team of junior QSs in preparation of Tender documents.
• Preparation of Bills of Quantities and Pretender estimates.
• Preparation of Cost Plans from conceptual design and throughout the design development stages till final designs.
• Prepare reconciliations to cost plans in parallel with the evolution of the designs and advise the Client team accordingly.
• Get involved in value engineering exercises for various building elements by providing cost advice. Key Responsibilities (PostContract);
3 P a g e
• Evaluation of Contractor's Monthly Statements, Statement of Completion, Final Statementsand Preparation of Payment Certificates.
• Change control management, including but not limited to the evaluation of variation applications including negotiation and preparation of Variations.
• Preparation of budgetary cost estimates for additional works and Value Engineering proposals.
• Preparation of pre Tender estimates for re-design packages and package Contracts.
• Preparation of Cost Reports
• Dealing with Contractors and Client representatives, attending project progress meetings and Commercial meetings
• Assessing, measuring, advising on and recommending the cost impact of design changes
• Preparation of Interim progress Payment, Statement at completion and Final payment applications
• Preparation of Project financial reports (Cost to complete and Cost value reconciliation)
• Arranging material to the Site
• Deal with the Consultants, Local authorities and Sub Contractors
• Identify the variation, issue variation notification to the Engineer.
• Preparation of new rates for change orders
• Taking joint Measurements with the Consultant and dealing with the Consultants about all commercial matters, and prepares on and certifying Sub Contractor’s payments. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
1. Louis Berger International/ WSP, P.O. Box 20240, Doha, Qatar Quantity Surveyor – 2018 May – Till 2019 June
Flood Prevention Schemes Phase 2 Project, Doha, Qatar To reduce and eliminate flooding at a number of surface water hotspot locations in the several Areas. Ashghal management decided to progress Phase 2 of Flood Prevention Scheme (FPS Phase 2) to include the following construction packages:
FPS Phase2 Package 1& 2 ( Value $37 million)
The above packages will cover around 81 hotspots. Works include around 20 Km length Pipe network, Nos. Manholes, Catch pits & Gullies
2. KEO International Consultants,P.O.Box 18108, Doha, Qatar. 4 P a g e
Quantity Surveyor– 2014August – 2016 October
Hamad Bin KhalifaMedical City, Construction Package CP 300 B Hospital Fit Out (Phase 2), Doha, Qatar The project total gross floor area of 195,000m2, the work comprises of fit-out of Lower level, Skilled Nursing Facility, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Hospital, Children Hospital, Women’s Hospital; Operating theatres, installation of Kitchen and Laundry equipment; external road works and car parks; signage, Substations and landscaping works. (Value $ 958 million)
3. D.G. Jones and Partners Middle East Ltd (Cost Consultants and Quantity Surveyors),P.O.Box 3385, Doha, Qatar.
Quantity Surveyor -2013 April - 2014 July
• New Doha International Air Port Passenger Terminal Complex Retail/Food & Beverage Concessions Fit Out, Constract No. 25045-000-FC1-RT001-00110 (Value $ 120 million). 4. Currie & Brown (Cost Consultants and Quantity Surveyors) Dubai, UAE and Doha, Qatar. Assistant Cost Manager -2011 October– 2012 July
• Meydan Racecourse and Hotel in Meydan City, Dubai, UAE Meydan Racecourse is the world’s largest dedicated horse racing development that spans over 76,000,000 sqft, Over 1.6 km in length and over 10 stories in height, it consists of a 5* hotel, 10 international restaurants, an IMAX cinema, a 60,000 capacity grandstand, boathouse for the adjoining marina, parking for over 10,000 vehicles and a state of the art race track complex along with ancillary buildings to cater for all livery, breeding and training needs.
• Roads and Infrastructure project in Umm Salal Mohammed Phase 1, located in Doha, State of Qatar The roads and associated services, developmentof covers a developed area of 873 hectares comprises with 95,833 m of road network in various widths and consists of the service road, parking bay, landscaped median and buffer, and paved shared use path, water distribution network, sewerage network, storm water drainage and street lighting.
• The Roads and Infrastructure in Al Kheesa North and East, State of Qatar The roads and associated services, developmentof covers a developed area of 1,384 hectares, comprises with 167 km of road network in various widths and consists of the service road, parking bay, landscaped median and buffer, and paved shared use pathwater distribution network, sewerage network, storm water drainage and street lighting.
5 P a g e
5. KEO International Consultants, Dubai, UAE.
Quantity Surveyor -2007July – 2008 October
The Palm Island Fronds Villas at Palm Jumeirah, Dubai Construction of 1300Nos. Individual luxury Villas including swimming pools, boundary walls and all other related infrastructure works, landscaping and Hardscaping works. (Value $ 500 million) 6. D.G. Jones and Partners Middle East Ltd- (Cost Consultants and Quantity Surveyors) – P.O.Box 3385, Doha, Qatar
Quantity Surveyor -2005April – 2007 June
• Wakra Hospital Project, Al Wakra, State of Qatar
• Convention Center and Tower Project, Doha, State of Qatar
• ViwaBharya Towers Project at Qatar Pearl, Doha, State of Qatar
• Primary School buildings at various locations, Stare of Qatar 7. HilalBilBadi& Partners Contracting Co. (HILALCO), Abu Dhabi, UAE Quantity Surveyor -2001 June – 2004 December
• Breakwater Development Project (TRIP 987), Abu Dhabi. Construction of a 4 lane dual carriageway, 3 spans Pre-stressed Girder Bridge for circulation of sea water, rip rap, sea wall, street lighting, water distribution network, sewerage manholes and gravity sewer lines, storm water network, telephone distribution network, car parking for Marina Mall shopping complex, beautiful and promenade area with fountains. (Valve $ 21 million).
• Construction of Internal Roads of New Low Cost Housing in Shawemekh, Abu Dhabi The project includes construction of a 4km collector road, 13 km internal roads and associated infrastructure works, including Street lighting network; 4km 600mm diameter DI water distribution network, including 164 numbers house connections; gravity sewer line including 164 numbers house connections and sewerage lifting station; a storm water network including storm water lifting station, telephone network. (Valve $ 20.5million).
• Construction of Bridges in Officers city and Between the Bridges city, Abu Dhabi, UAE The project includes construction of 90m long dual carriageway steel bridge, underpass, widening of exiting the highway, new loop road and internal roads, construction of road crossing culverts, and constituency ducts and landscaping. Street lighting network, water distribution network, storm water network, including storm water lifting station, telephone network. (Valve $ 15 million).
6 P a g e
8. Sanken Lanka Private Limited, Colombo, Sri Lanka. Quantity Surveyor -1996 July – 2000 October
• Earls Regency Hotel (5 Star) Project, Kandy, Sri Lanka
• Dental Faculty Building Project for Peradeniya University and Peradeniya Teaching Hospital, Kandy, Sri Lanka
• Kandy Hospital Kidney Unit, Kandy, Sri Lanka
• Lincoln Apartment Project at Colombo, Sri Lanka
• Excellent knowledge and high ability in Auto CAD.
• Specialist in latest measurementsoftware / techniques.
• Excellent knowledge in Excel, MS word & MS office REFERENCE:
Mr. Elie Deeb
D.G.Jones and Partners, Doha, Qatar,
E mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. D.H. Jayasree, MRICS, MAIQS, MIIE(SL), I.Eng., MBA(Sri. J) Estimating Manager,
P.O. Box 28177, Abu Dubai,
U.A.E., Tel – 009**-**-*******