Katherine S. Chung
Seattle, Washington * 206-***-****
STRATEGIC MARKETING MANAGER
A results-driven marketing professional with a unique blend of analytical and creative thinking with B2B and B2C marketing in corporate and agency environments. EXPERTISE
Strategic Marketing Marketing Communications Branding Content Marketing Partner Marketing Project Management Product Marketing Demand Generation Cross-Group Collaboration Customer Focus Team Management Talent Acquisition Vendor Management EXPERIENCE
Holland America Group 5/2016 – 01/2020
Marketing Manager, Onboard Revenue
Maximized marketing ROI and promotional opportunities for 10+ revenue operators and strategic partnership relationships (including retail, spa, casino, shore excursions, communications, photo, gift cards and credit card) across 14 ships.
• Successfully launched a go-to-market strategy for a transformative guest technology, which initially generated over $100,000 in incremental revenue per ship per cruise.
• Produced a five-day photo and video shoot within budget and highly constrained conditions for website, print and television.
• Executed promotional email campaign with 7% incremental lift YOY for spa revenue.
• Created and approved all onboard revenue promotional displays, marketing efforts and crew training for onboard products, services and tools.
• Owned website and consumer booking path content for all onboard revenue departments.
• Managed 13 direct reports of marketing and revenue officers across the fleet. Yesler (formerly Projectline Services) 7/2015 – 5/2016 Account Engagement Manager
Led collaboration of cross-functional teams including writing/editing, content strategy, web development, paid media, social, campaign operations and analytics to implement innovative approaches on all phases of account management and deliver on client results.
• Developed and executed digital marketing strategies such as email, newsletters, webinars and paid media to exceed each client’s goals and expectations for quality, timeline and budget.
• Cultivated strong working relationships with clients and stakeholders to formulate effective digital marketing initiatives that align with the client’s corporate objectives, achieve results and create stakeholder value.
• Analyzed metrics and industry trends to continue to build on clients’ successes and opportunities.
• Supported sales enablement by partnering with sales teams and driving demand generation for targeted leads.
• Orchestrated the launch of rebranding websites for several accounts within demanding timelines. Yesler (formerly Projectline Services) 7/2013 – 8/2015 Marketing Demand Generation Manager, Microsoft USCMO Virtual Events Created and managed marketing demand generation program for virtual events based on data from the successes of past events, industry standards and best practices.
• Researched and defined segmentation and target audience profile to build segmentation strategy for demand generation activities.
• Drove appropriate audience to register for premier proprietary technology and business focused virtual events:
- Owned marketing efforts drove registration to attendee conversions, which consistently outperformed industry standards by 15-25%.
- Over 85% of total registrants came from owned and earned marketing channels including dynamic promotional and transactional emails, campaign announcements, websites, newsletters and social media.
• Analyzed data and conducted A/B tests to improve performance metrics and gained insights and learnings for immediate implementation or for recommendations for future campaigns.
• Collaborated cross functionally with field managers, partners and global subsidiaries to ensure event content and strategic goals were properly integrated across all demand generation efforts.
• Managed agency relationship and guided creative process to produce assets, marketing copy and tactics for multi-channel marketing campaigns. Yesler (formerly Projectline Services) 9/2011 – 7/2013 Marketing Campaign Manager, Microsoft Global Marketing Operations Planned and built end-to-end campaigns, which included tracking, reporting and measurement for campaign landing environments and demand generation vehicles.
• Owned and managed deployment of direct marketing campaigns with ExactTarget.
• Worked closely with offshore team to ensure accurate and timely execution. Market Leader, Inc. 6/2011 – 8/2011
Marketing Manager (contract)
Used Agile Methodology and led an aggressive and complex timeline for a multi-touch acquisition and engagement marketing campaign for a product launch.
• Developed and managed content strategy, creative briefs and spec docs for email, landing page, website, data sheets, print collateral, digital advertising and social media marketing.
• Owned and drove direct response and database marketing.
• Led cross-functional teams – Directed and led daily meetings with internal and external creative resources, email specialist, developers and worked with product marketing, sales and stakeholders to align initiatives to effectively support the product launch and business objectives. BlueKai 9/2010 – 5/2011
Marketing Manager (contract)
Crafted content managed editorial calendar and delivered online marketing communications (across web, email and social media) including e-newsletters, trend reports, relationship development programs and special product updates.
• Analyzed and reported on email and online advertising efforts to measure performance and identify sales opportunities and optimize results.
• Drove lead generation campaigns to support nationwide sales team to promote core products.
• Event management and logistics for sponsorship, promotional items, sales collateral, speaking engagements and annual event/conference calendar.
• Website management for internal and external websites; ongoing editorial content and design updates; rebuild and migration of corporate website. ACTIVITIES
USTA Women’s 3.0 Tennis League, Dress for Success Volunteer Mentor, outdoor enthusiast, reading, traveling and cooking.