Shruti R Puthran
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
Master of Science in Telecom System Management Dec 2019 Relevant Courses: Linux/Unix System for Engineers, Data Networking, Concepts of Object-Oriented Design, Internet Protocols and Architecture, Network Structure & Cloud Computing. University of Mumbai, Mumbai, MH, India
Bachelor of Engineering in Electronics and Telecommunication. June 2017 Relevant Courses: Telecom Network Management, Mobile Communications, Computer Communication and Telecom, Integrated Circuits, Internet and Voice Communication. TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Software: Service Now, Visio, SolarWinds, Palo Alto Panorama, Cisco ISE, Checkpoint SmartConsole, Cisco ASDM, MATLAB, VMware, Putty, Jira, Wireshark, Cisco Packet Tracer. Hardware: Cisco ASA 5525, Cisco Nexus 5k/9k Series, Infoblox, Cisco Catalyst 2960 Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, MacOS.
Protocols: RIP, ARP, OSPF, HTTP/S, DNS, DHCP, VLAN, TCP/IP, HSRP, STP, RSTP, EIGRP, MPLS, UDP.
Python, Bash Scripting, Java, Terraform
VPC, EC2, S3, Route 53, Cloud Formation, IAM, AWS CLI, RDS, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch CERTIFICATIONS:
• Cisco Certified Network Associate - Routing and Switching (CSCO13509186)
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate (TZ7PZBG1NNF41453) WORK EXPERIENCE:
Network Engineer Intern -Veracode, Inc. Jan 2019 - July 2019
• DNS Grid Master (Infoblox) Upgrade: Performed NOIS upgrade on Grid Master and Grid members. Installed and configured Infoblox appliance at the data center and promoted it as the new Grid Master. Migrated DNS and DHCP services to it. Performed network related testing to ensure that the Infoblox products operated correctly.
• Data Center Migration: Performed site assessment and documentation to validate power, load, and wiring requirements for the migration. Used Visio to draw & map connections from servers to network devices. Racked and stacked switches, routers and DNS appliance. Configured switch ports according to the server requirements. Monitored and backed up network nodes using SolarWinds Manager.
• ServiceNow Customer Support: Performed troubleshooting and assisted with hardware, software and networking issues for remote and onsite users. Accurately documented and communicated the problem through the trouble ticket.
• Migrated the Checkpoint Firewall to Cisco ASDM, added firewall rules and performed testing. Updated VPN rules on Cisco ISE for customers. Provided access to the database by adding/deleting users and workstations using Checkpoint. Managed Palo Alto Firewall to provide external customers access to Veracode’s platform. Performed blacklisting of IP addresses and websites with virus and security threats. ACADEMIC PROJECTS:
Northeastern University, Boston, MA
• Deployment of Application in AWS (CI/CD, CircleCI, GitHub) Nov 2019 Implemented continuous delivery of code/application using GitHub, CircleCI and Amazon CodeDeploy.
• Cloud-Native Web Application (Shell Scripting, Terraform) Oct 2019 Designed and built fault-tolerant web application hosted on AWS using Route 53, SES, ELB, Autoscaling, EBS, CloudWatch, IAM, DynamoDB, EC2 and S3.
• SDN based Load Balancer (HTTP, OpenFlow) March 2018 Designed a network topology by creating HTTP Servers and hosts in mininet with an OpenFlow switch in the middle. The switch performed load-balancing by distributing HTTP GET requests from hosts to servers in a round-robin.
• Private Network Design using Linux Systems (Linux) Nov 2017 Developed a private system for an organization by setting up a DNS server, DHCP server and Web server utilizing Ubuntu Environment with added features of firewall protection and Backup framework.
• Designed Virtual Network in Cisco Packet Tracer (Cisco Packet Tracer) Nov 2017 Built a multi-city network by using DHCP, VLAN, HSRP, OSPF, RSTP with BPDU guard and Port Fast, Access List. Presented a report on the cost of network architecture and test plans to verify the efficiency of the system.