Jennifer (Zhenyan) Liu
email@example.com II 469-***-****
https://linkedin.com/in/zhenyanliu II http://zhenyan-liu.com OBJECTIVE
To obtain a full-time position as Data Developer utilizing my relevant experience, technique expertise, problem- solving, and communication skills.
University of Michigan-Flint - M.S., Computer Science Aug 2019
• G.P.A: 3.79/4.0
• Relevant Coursework: Algorithm and Complexity Analysis, Advanced Data Mining, Advanced Artificial Intelligence, Advanced Software Engineering, Intensive Programming and Computer-based Problem Solving
• Awards: Dean’s Graduate Student Scholarship, Freeman Computer Science, Engineer and Physics Scholarship The University of Texas at Dallas - M.S., Finance May 2016 The University of Jinan - B.S., Finance and Investments Jun 2013 TECHNICAL SKILLS
Programming: Java, Python, C#, C++, Ruby, Shell Scripting, Linux, MATLAB Database: PostgreSQL, MySQL, PL/SQL, Oracle DB
University of Michigan-Flint May 2019 - Jul 2019
Research - Big Data Flint, MI
• Researched algorithms in semiring-annotated data, aggregate queries and why, how and where provenance. University of Michigan-Flint Sep 2017 - Apr 2019
Research - Software Engineer Flint, MI
• Developed algorithms for efficiently tracing the origins of data from a query result (called provenance/lineage).
• Coded and implemented query scripts in Shell, PostgreSQL and PL/SQL, debugged and tested coding scripts.
• Implemented experimental analysis of different algorithms for computing provenance including lazy, eager and hybrid approaches.
• Published a CoRR report: Murali Mani, Zhenyan Liu, Exploring Query Results. CoRR abs/1905.09251(2019). Available at https://arxiv.org/abs/1905.09251.
John Lee Insurance Agency Apr 2015 - May 2016
Financial Analyst Richardson, TX
• Collected and analyzed data to prepare financial reports and forecasted sales trends to support sales department. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
Time Scheduling Android Application May 2019 - Jun 2019
• Designed and created an Android application in Java using Android Studio that enables users to schedule daily routine efficiently and set time reminder for specified events. Artificial Intelligence Application Jan 2019 - Feb 2019
• Devised and solved puzzle problem in C# by implementing Depth-first search and Breadth-first search algorithms. Bookstore Web Application Development Sep 2018 - Dec 2018
• Developed the Front-End UI website containing both customer-facing and administration interfaces with features such as user register, login, account verification and products display.
• Built bookstore database, implemented responsive web and integrated with data resources.