SENIOR CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER – CIVIL STRUCTURE ARCHITECTURE
NAME Sazrul Aswad Bin Salleh
D.O.B @ I/C 04/10/1986 @ 861***-**-****
RESIDENT ADDRESS Selangor, Malaysia
CONTACT 014-******* (h/p)
EMAIL email@example.comfirstname.lastname@example.org NATIONALITY Malaysian
CAREER OBJECTIVE 12 years broad experience in all project phases i.e. RFQ, engineering, procurement and construction preferably in a major project environment in the oil and gas industry and with specific involvement in project execution, multi-cultural project teams and exposure to construction onshore facilities.
Having excellent hands on skills and good interpersonal and verbal communication abilities. Holding Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management and Civil experience supervising facility construction, Power Plants, Refinery, and Petrochemical Plant, Gas Terminal Project, Factory & Commissioning works.
Work experience in reviewing, understanding and planning work using construction metrics such as construction schedules, progress reports, craft manpower analysis, material availability, etc.
Strong understanding of typical construction site and fabrication yard performance variables. Review JMS, JHA, HAZID, SIMOPS, RFI, S.I, Technical Query & methodology of construction which in line with HSE requirements.
COMPETENCY SKILLS Rigger & Signalman Competency – Recognized for CEP JKKP IS 127/438/KLT1-2018/0084 Inspector of Work (Civil) - Board of Engineering(M) AESP (Authorized Entrance Person) – Niosh (M)
Plumbing & Sanitary Fitter Level 1 - CIDB
• Ensure HSE plans are in-placed, authorized and management responsibilities are clearly defined.
• Manage Project team to ensure HSE objectives and targets are achieved or exceeded.
• Compliance with Project safety standards rules, PTW authority, LOTO.
• Conduct Daily safety toolbox briefing to vendors, subcontractors.
• Comply policies, guidelines & company HSE standards.
• Ensure key risk assessment, construction readiness in line with HSE.
• Assist EPC to identify / eliminate risk on site. 2 P a g e
JUNE 2018 – DEC 2019
DEC 2107 – JUNE 2018
1) Senior Construction Engineer at Fujita Corporation (July 2019~Dec 2019) Construction production warehouse & 2 storey M&E facility room. Responsibilities/Job Scopes:-
• Lead overall construction management interfaces.
• Lead, provide input & supervise technical in all discipline.
• Validate material inspection, equipment, installation (All discipline)
• Check, review, comment and inspection of every trade to comply with drawings, quality, project requirements & UBBL.
• Anticipate & identify adverse trends throughout const. cycle and work with all parties.
• Develop works package, evaluate bids & contract, assist on planning,schedule,design and technically advice on work implementation.
• In line with QAQC works methods & procedures.
2) Senior CSA Engineer, Maintenance& Repairing Defects Works at BBraun Medical Industries, Penang Malaysia )
Maintenance & Defect Period
• Work independently and focus person for B3 unit building for defect works including focusing on safety & quality.
• Scope of works: Floor rectification at warehouse, Mechanical blind repair, Modification on tiling, Floor coating, Clean Room area.
• Demonstrate functionality and performances in compliance with safety and specifications.
NOVUGEN Pharma, 3 storey factory & 2 storey warehouse, Office 3 storey height & a TNB Substation at Bandar Enstek,Seremban,Negeri Sembilan.
Managing Package Contractor
• Construction activity & overall work progress civil & Architecture works
• Supervising construction of underground water tank (confined space).
• Managing & supervising substructure activity, road drainage, apron, sewer line, drainage, site preparation, foundations, structures, cladding, brickworks, slabs, pilings, architecture works, underground utilities, parking lots, landscaping and others miscellaneous works.
• Take into account all the constraints on site (Security, environmental conditions, specific tools, impacts on the local activities
3 P a g e
NOV 2015 – DEC 2017
• To support planner for defining and updating the schedule for civil tasks. Identify the risks related to co-activity and perform safety risk analysis.
• Provide input to scheduler.
• Define rules and preventive measures to apply to the construction site (collective
& individual protection, qualified people and authorizations, LOTO, hot work permits).
• Regularly, to check the quality of the construction and the compliance with drawings and technical requirement.
• To define or organize activity of the civil supervisors.
• To attend to the requested inspections. To record and track the non-conformity.
• Provide technical and operational contribution.
3) Construction Supervisor, Shell Terminal Trading BLI Gantry&Truck Exit Upgrade Project at Bagan Luar,Pulau Penang.
Maintenance & upgrading projects.
• Plan, Coordinate & Consulting – Construction activity & overall work progress civil/structure & Architecture works.
• The scope consist of build a new pump house for U-95 & Ago with steel structure shelter, Pipe rack foundation for new gantry area, New inspection shelter truck exit, Air compressor house & New VSD electrical building, including renovation works for office staff (ID & Architecture).
• Renovation office – Demolition and restore new server room, meeting room, guard house, pantry & dispatch room to new design.
• Gantry Island – Removed 4 top loading bay foundation and restore with new foundation design for new bottom loading bay.
• Removed Ron 95/97 pumps plinth and restore new concrete slab with new concrete plinth with steel structure shelter.
• Demolition of existing road to new concrete road with Pome Loading skid area.
• Demolition part of existing bundwall & construct new perimeter bundwall at tank farm area.
• Construct new VSD building 8m L x 4m W x 4m H c/w architecture finishes.
• Excavate & construct new pipe support steel concrete 300m distance across tank farm area.
• Excavate & construct new pad footing foundation and erection of new pipe rack steel structure.
• Major critical work to demolish existing guard house building 12m L x 8m W x 7.5m H & construct new steel structure inspection shelter for truck exit loading bay.
• Participate in jobsite safety reviews, toolbox meetings, mass safety meetings, and safety training. Walkabout with management once a week. 4 P a g e
JAN 2015 – Nov 2015
NOV 2013 – JAN 2015
4) Civil Construction Supervisor (JV- OUI), Petronas Rapid Project, Pengerang, Johor, Malaysia
Infra & Utilities.
• Managing package contractor– Utilities, Interconnecting, and Offsite works includes common utilities, steam generation utilities, plant process air system, fuel gas system, fuel oil system, CCCW system, Demi water system and caustic system.
• Checking civil works that carried out by the package contractors like pad footing foundation and installation of structural steel bars to concreting.
• Visual inspection on the surface condition of concrete works to identify any damages, such as cracking and delamination.
• Supervise multiple subcontractors for civil package works.
• Supervise contractor for infra works such as new storm water drainage, culvert and sump pit storm water, sewerage, waste water pipelines.
• To coordinate, interfacing & meeting with other package contractor as well as Petronas for all ground works such as concrete foundation, steel structure, drainage, underground cooling water pipes etc.
• Contribute to ensuring compliance with health, safety, quality, encourage safe work practices and environmental rules. Regularly participate in HSE meetings, toolbox talks and daily jobsite walks.
5) CSA Supervisor, Kuantan Resin Chemical Plant/ 2nd Crystex Plant,
Gebeng,Kuantan Pahang, Malaysia
Supervised civil operations for ground works.
• Assist superintendent on civil work for chemical process plant for Eastman chemical which covered Chilled water, Liquor and dryer slurry plant, control buildings, WWTP, Butcho & methanol storage unloading buildings as well as utilities and infra works.
• Supervised and monitoring spun pile installation, 53nos piling activity.
• Supervised and monitoring bored pile with in-situ concrete.
• Supervised excavation, backfilling & compacting is correctly done by contractor.
• Standing supervision on excavation foundation and substructure work.
• Witness and visual inspection for FDT test, tensile test, concreting, backfilling
• Lead constructability reviews on execution and implementation of projects during all phase.
• Day to day basis supervision & inspection of civil works as per standards. 5 P a g e
FEB 2011 – NOV 2013
DEC 2010 – FEB 2011
6) Site Engineer, Prai CCGT Power Plant Project (1071MW) Prai Pulau Penang, Malaysia
Supervised onshore intake header works structure (Underground works)
• The main task is to supervised and coordinate fabrication of underground onshore structure work (Cooling water intake).
• Supervised 121nos of spun pile driven, setting out, survey check and pile set.
• Work closely with surveyor to counter check pile location.
• Monitoring pile record & test.
• Assist superintendent for installation earth retaining structure. Waller & Struts.
• Supervised installation of bracing system (Waller & struts) in correct sequence to avoid failure of soil condition as well as critical safety precautions.
• In-charge for GRP pipe installation including, sheet pile (welding work, cutting, lapping, driving), excavation 18m deep.
• Soil Improvement – Near to sea water, soft soil to be removed & additional work jet grouting work (injection slurry)
• Make decision for any technical problem at site prior to concreting and installation work.
• Labor handling at site, carry out daily report labor and activity on daily basis.
• Responsible to check, monitor and do inspection with client and inspector before concreting works.
• Ensure all works carried out and materials used are accordance by QC department and project standard.
• Responsible from ground until the completion for onshore intake header work including pre-cast slab, rebar work and scaffolding installation.
• Responsible for site safety and health concern and always create awareness of safety on site to ensure a safe zone working environment. Experienced Gained:-
• Involved in big construction power plant construction site especially intake header
(CCW-Cold Cooling Water) onshore work.
• Learn requirement for civil power plant works, basic knowledge of gas & steam turbine operation.
• Gain knowledge in GRP pipe installation works for intake & outfall (CCW). 7) Project Coordinator, Design, Construction, Equpitment, Commisioning of Tuaran Hospital(76 beds),JKR Project. 128millions, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
Assistant Technical Manager. (Civil & Architecture) 6 P a g e
DEC 2009 – DEC 2010
• To received, check and review drawings from architect consultant to ensure all the numbering, revision updated.
• To review drawings including architecture, civil & M&E drawing to ensure there is no discrepancies on drawings and suit used at site without any problems.
• Updating system in excel/words regarding the total number of drawings received and issue letter to Architect/C&S consultant to follow up all the drawings required for using at site.
• Distribution drawing and keep updated to respective department for new revised drawing and issued to subcontractor to use at site.
• To updated and report to technical manager for the latest drawings and keep follow up/liaise with consultant for the incoming drawings.
• Liaising with authorities such as bomba, Sabah state water dept, sewer & drainage local dept, and JKR local authority sought approval of drawings from respective departments.
• Follow up on the submission drawing, comply with the entire requirement and additional item needed from local authority, liaising work out together with consultant for the approval drawings.
• Assigned work to do the monthly JKR technical report meeting and site report meeting once a month.
• Coordinate architecture works (built-in furniture, dry wall) from sector to each sector hospital during construction.
• Work together with subcontractor for shop drawing design built-in furniture and submit to design consultant for approval.
• Report to manager if there is any difficulties and materials approval that might affect the delay of the project.
• Exposure to hospital equipment, finishing work, architect requirement, medical equipment and liaising with JKR state in accordance with the department of health and social services by government.
8) Site Supervisor EDGE WISE Sdn Bhd
Interior Design – Office / House renovat
• Supervise the renovation office work at Bangsar shopping center, kuala lumpur- Interior design.
• Housing renovation works
• Involving in labour handling from time to time.
• Plan and expedite the renovation works to meet the date line.
• Always work longer hours to keep project ahead on schedule. Projects:-
• Office renovation at bangsar shopping centre(BSC) for cold storage office admin (2 floor)
• 1 unit housing renovation work at taman tun Dr.Ismail(kuala lumpur) consisting of plaster ceiling, garden turfing, extend car porch, main gate.
• Renovation work and ID design at UOA office building, level 7 (Schering Plough). Experienced Gained:-
• Work independently and manage my time with 2 projects to be handling at one time.
7 P a g e
9) Site Supervisor IDAMAN SOLUTION Sdn Bhd
Interior Design – Banks renovation
• Supervise subcontractor and assigned them to work follow as drawing required and meet the standard.
• Handling worker and work together to complete the works.
• Supervise the delivery materials and planning at site.
• Daily routine work to coordinate equipment and material resources.
• Liaise with local state authority for each bank renovation.
• Control and monitor subcontractor work progress.
• Entertain client.
• Involved in renovation works, housing projects and tower. Handlings materials, workers, QA, safety meeting client and make sure all projects is on time.
• Renovation ASNB (Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad) at Miri, sarawak
• Renovation ASNB (Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad) at Sibu, Sarawak
• Renovation ASNB (Amanah Saham Nasional Berhad) at Tawau, Sabah
• Defects Repairing Police Station Office at Sampoerna,Sabah
• Renovation PNB (Permodalan Nasional Berhad) Headquaters 2 Level Office Floor Kuala Lumpur: Completed March 2011
• Built career path.
• Learnt how to interact with peoples, how to manage manpower, handling labor, estimate cost to save company budget, purchase materials on my own to suit the site usage.
Reasons of Leaving:-
Higher Education: University Teknologi Mara (2007 ~ 2009)
• Bachelor Degree (Hons.) Construction Management
• CGPA: 2.98
• Graduated in 2009
Higher Education: University Mara (2004 ~ 2007)
• Diploma in Buildings
• CGPA: 3.02
• Graduated in 2008
High School: Langkawi Technical School (2002 ~ 2003)
• Sijil Penilaian Menegah (SPM), 2A & 7C
High School: SMK Bangsar, Kuala Lumpur (2001 ~ 2002)
• Penilaian Menengah Rendah (PMR), 4A,2B & 2
Primary School: La Salle Brickfields, Kuala Lumpur
• Ujian Penilaian Sijil Rendah (UPSR), 5B
• Member of badminton sport at University Teknology Mara,(UiTM)
• Member of charted institute of Building(M) at University Teknology Mara,(UiTM). 8 P a g e
Honours & Awards
• Dean List Award 2009
• Certificate of appreciation for an active member on badminton & football, 2003. OTHERS RELEVANT
Professional Skills Attended
• Zeto Rules-Petronas
• 3 Golden Rules-Shell
• 9 Life Saving Rules-Jacobs
• 12 Life Saving Rules-Shell
• ISO training on green building
• Environmental Quality Act (EQA 1974)
• STA Training (Safety Task Assessment)
• PTW Authority Training (Permit to work)
• IWF by M+W (Incident Work Free)
Engineering Membership/ Professional Membership
• CIDB Green Card for Engineer – CIDB Malaysia
• OGSP Passport
• Contract and dispute resolution – Essential Construction Law by CIOB Name Email Company Tittle Contact
Jin Changkuk jinck@samsung.
'+66 63 217
Bobby Pepau bobby.pepau@f
Flour Daniel Construction
OUIJV Technip Civil
JC Tan email@example.com
Fujita Malaysia Senior Manager 019*******