(open to relocation) firstname.lastname@example.org
To obtain a full-time position that blends my technical perspective as an engineer and my desire to work more with people and projects. EDUCATION .
Bachelor of Science, Biological Systems Engineering (Biomedical engineering minor) Cumulative GPA: 3.71 Major GPA: 3.67 Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University RELEVANT SKILLS .
SQL, R, Spotfire, basic HTML & CSS, G-suite, Adobe Photoshop & InDesign, Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Publisher), Gantt, project management, rapid prototyping, market research, data analytics, product launch, user experience, cross-team collaboration, 5S, Agile, SuperPro, Minitab, AutoDesk Inventor, SolidWorks PROFESSIONAL AND RESEARCH EXPERIENCE .
Applications Engineer II – Indigo Ag in Charlestown, MA 2019 – 2020 Grower Direct launch: managed user applications front of pilot program focused on expanding and diversifying our consumer base
- Collaborated with growers and agronomists via regular email, phone, Skype correspondence to write technical product documents
- Compared current user methodologies through market research and in-person observation/documentation on farms across the U.S.
- Analyzed experimental data using Excel pivot tables, and applied user feedback in domestic/international product strategy
- Initiated particulate matter study to assess meter competence and analyzed exposure data using R (critical in Spring 2020 launch)
- Generated and organized team experimental database for easier data visualization and manipulation using Spotfire
- Iterated lab-scale prototypes using SolidWorks CAD to reduce seed application costs by 80% per cohort
- 5S Lab Champion and CoLAB member: organize biweekly technical and introductory presentations to improve cross-team visibility Process Development Associate I – Seres Therapeutics in Cambridge, MA 2017 – 2019
- Coordinated scale-up and manufacturing schedules between BP, Formulations, and QC using Office and Wrike Gantt Charts
- Developed technical SOPs for new hires and implemented weekly in-person training programs for growth kinetics scale up
- Practiced upstream strain characterization and downstream purification techniques of fermented products to deliver materials for clinical development in a cGMP environment: tangential flow filtration, diafiltration, microfluidization, centrifugation, lyophilization BioactiVT - Biomedical Design Team 2014 – 2017
- Developed an undergraduate, multidisciplinary design team focused on improving the quality and accessibility of global healthcare
- Constructed a solar powered pulse-oximeter prototype using Arduino for LMIC to minimize surgeries resulting in brain damage or death
- Other projects: ‘redesigning’ walkers so they better cater to specific demographics & developing biosimilars for uncommon diseases
- Investigated target demographic via in-person interviews, online surveys, and patent research to develop viable walker prototype
- Won 2nd place in 2016 Union Innovation Challenge & 2nd place in 2015 Engineering World Health competition Technical Operations Intern – Merck Manufacturing Division in Elkton, VA 2016
- Created controlled job aides to streamline transition from paper to electronic documentation and simplify employee training in MIDAS
- Spearheaded a safety overhaul by manually evaluating rotating guard equipment and inspecting P&ID’s from three factories to collate alarm and interlock information into charts for every tank; drafted and put into effect two SOP’s with the compiled relevant information
- Facilitated weekly WebEx conferences with West Point departments to synchronize proper GMP record keeping practice Clinical Engineering Intern - Sentara Rockingham Memorial Hospital 2015
- Assembled new devices (medical scales, power outlets, SCDs) and calibrated existing machines (x-ray, ultrasound, patient monitors)
- Assisted technicians with hospital equipment repair, electrical renovation, preventative maintenance, and management affairs
- Administered hospital-wide installation of 300+ Covidien SCDs (sequential compression pumps) for patient-customized therapy Funded undergraduate degree with self-employed landscaping business 2009 - 2016
- Established personal landscaping enterprise to acquire 20 regular customer properties requiring weekly mowing and upkeep
- Fostered neighborly fellowship, demonstrated time management, fiscal responsibility, and dependability; paid for college debt-free LEADERSHIP & ACTIVITIES .
Young Leaders Program for Asian Americans 2019 - Present
- Career advice panelist and professional mentor for young women attending high school in the greater Boston area
- Participate in cultural community outreach and volunteer with Greater Boston Food Bank, and Room to Grow Soka Gakkai International (SGI) Young Women’s Division member 2018 - Present
- Organize weekly prayer and study meetings to discuss Buddhism and foster a sense of community in the Allston/Brighton area Hypatia Women in Engineering Learning Community – Center for the Enhancement of Engineering Diversity (CEED) 2013 - 2015
- Empowered young women to follow their engineering pursuits by forming a diverse and motivating community
- Served as mentor to six freshmen by aiding their transition from high school to college, offering academic advice, providing opportunities to build professional skills like resume review sessions, and introducing them to relevant campus organizations
- Outreach committee member: circulated engineering concepts in nearby elementary and middle schools