Cell: +91-917**-*****, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Current location: Chennai, India. Career Synopsis:
• 28+ years of which 20 years in IT - Software Products & Services, IT Education, Hardware, KPO/BPO; 8 years in Business Consulting.
• Led scale and transformation of early stage B2B2C Products & Services organizations from a C-Level, Leadership and Strategy Consultant roles across geographies.
• Leveraged my 3600 multi/cross functional expertise to handle complex business contours, both upstream and downstream; business and technology ecosystem integration and utilization for business growth.
• Combined career top line/revenue enablement – USD 20 million.
• A think-tank who brings in enormous Thought Leadership, Entrepreneurial Acumen, Customer Centricity.
• Importantly, a Leader by Example, and an excellent team player;
• A Go-to-person for relevant and apt solutions for challenges in business, people and processes. Industry / Domain experience:
Telecom - Contact Centre, IT Infrastructure/Hardware, Education, HealthCare Diagnostics, Digital Media, Mass Media/Advertising, Banking & Finance (AML/KYC), Logistics & Shipping, Hotels & Restaurant, Business Consulting. Expertise in Products & Services Management:
End-to-end Strategy & Execution of Road Map, Market-Fit Validations, Pivots, Primary & Secondary Research, Global Strategic Partnerships and Alliances (UK, USA, EU, APAC), Go-To-Market, Channel, Pilots, Segment Mapping, Business Cadence planning and implementation – Product/Service - Design & Development, Release / Rollout, Marketing, Business Development/ Sales, Customer Engagement, Delivery. Technology Platforms and Tools worked and managed: o Al/ NLP - Voice Recognition (Nuance, CVP, Avaya, Syntellect), Java, JS, VXML, .Net, R, Python. o DB2, MySQL.
o Working knowledge of Mobility, Social Media, ERP, On-cloud models. o Data Analytics / Statistical Models & Tools: SPSS: Models: ANOVA, t-tests, Regression, Correlations.
● CXO Track:
● Aligned with Investors (VC/PE), Board and Promoters in Strategic Intent setting and execution.
● Significant Board Room exposure.
● Coached, Mentored and grew Technology, Operations and Business teams in the last 17+ years.
● Played pivotal role in work space culture building and inculcated Human values, Ethics and Commitment essentials.
● In CTO & COO role, Led Technology Strategy, Solutions and Implementation of across geographies – India, USA, APAC .
● Onus for Annual Business Plans (ABP), Capex, Opex, Payroll, Revenue and Margin management.
● Handled budget and investment in CAPEX of over US$ 2 Million approx in 4 years - 2006 – 2010.
● Consistently achieved Capital efficiency and EBITDA of over 35 %.
● Effective management of investors’ investment of US$ 3 million.
● Led Global Technology Partnerships in Singapore, US, China and Canada.
● Handled marquee / Enterprise accounts and engagements in USA, APAC, ME and India.
• Product and Service Track:
● As CTO and Head, steered the set up of COE in Speech AI / NLP & Voice Analytics Products and Services.
● IP Creation: Released 4 Speech AI Products for UAE, APAC and India markets.
● Demonstrated expertise in defining Product and Services Roadmaps, Market & Segment Research and Page 2 of 8
Validation, Architecture, Agile and Scrum Development, Team Management and Cadence, GTM, Customer Pilots and Deal Wins.
● Global Partnerships with Software and Hardware platform majors – Syntellect (N.A), Nuance (USA), Donjin
(China) and Avaya (USA) et.al.
● Pre-Sales, RFIs/ RFPs, Pricing – SaaS, Transaction based models for Service revenues from Product deployment.
● Handled team sizes of 175+ across Product Engineering and Services businesses.
● Direct reports: Heads of Products, Services, Computational NLP. 2nd line reports – Head -Testing, Quality, HR.
● Business Dev.,/Sales, Marketing, Branding/MarCom, Account Management Track:
● Have handled multi-geo GTM programs, Account Management, CX and Journeys.
● Anchored Cross Border deals / engagements in UAE, USA, UK, EU India for products and services (B2B).
● Demonstrated contributions to Business Development, Sales & Marketing and Team management – Lead/Demand Generation, Pipeline Management through Deal Closure.
● Systematically built Strategic Sales Partnerships in UK, EU, USA and India to drive business development.
● Pre-Sales pitches, RFP/RFI, Tenders/ Bids, Products/Services Up-selling& Cross-selling for marquee clients in B2B.
● Contributed to gross Top-line of US$ 20 Million to organizations where I worked and Consulted.
● Handled big canvas Global Marketing Programs (Omni channel), Consumer Research, Digital, Electronic, Print, PR, OOH. Handled Marketing Spends of US $ 3 million in B2B and B2C across engagements.
● Agile Digital Marketer and Story Teller – Led Content Strategy and builds, Google Ads, SEO/SEM, Email Campaigns to global audience.
● Digital Content expertise – have co-authored blog articles with Sales Partners in EU & UK on various industry domains such as Logistics, Banking and Finance etc.
● Handled Global Sales Partnerships as well as pan India Channel Partner Programs - 1500+ Retail/Resellers & for India’s No. 2 Networking Product brand. (B2B - Down Stream).
● Entrepreneurial Track:
● Co-founder of a Technology and Business Advisory firm (LLP) with a successful 8 years track record of generating and managing revenues aggregated - USD 600K .
● Led Strategy Consulting Engagements in Technology Product Management, Business Development, Sales and Marketing across domains – Hotel and Restaurant, Health Care Diagnostic Equipment, Digital Media, Education, KPO/BPO.
● Deeply engaged as Principal Consultant/ Fractional CXO roles with over 14 clients across industry. Credentials:
Degree University/ College Year /
Specialization GPA/ Class
Master of Science
Hawaii Pacific University,
Information Systems / IT
(Core: S/W Engineering, PM,
Telecom, Analytics, E-Com, Tech
4.0 / 4.0
(2 Year Executive
(Affiliated to NPC, Ministry
Master of Marketing
Core: Media Tools, Advertising,
Branding, PR, Media Content
Bachelor of Science
University of Madras,
Chemistry, Math, Physics 2nd Class
Page 3 of 8
Executive Training/ Learning:
Topic Place of Learning Year
● Agile Concepts in Software Product
IIT, Madras 2008
● Winter School of Speech and Audio
IIT, Madras 2008
● Business Strategy and Simulation IIT, Madras 2007
● Strategic Account Management Second Avenue, India 2008
● Effective Management Productivity LMI, Texas, USA (India Chapter) 2000 International Scholarships and Recognition:
● Rotary International Professional Exchange Scholar to the Philippines – 1996
● Listing in the National Dean’s List 2003 (USA) for outstanding Academic Performance at the Masters Level Summary of Work Experience:
Organization Title Period
Scale Up Advisory & GoodLife LLP Senior Consultant - Strategy & Execution March 2019 – till date Cenza Technologies, Chennai Senior Consultant – Strategy & New Initiatives Dec 2017 – Feb 2019 Senior Vice President – Strategy & New Initiatives March 2017 – Dec 2017 Scale Up Advisory, Chennai Co-Founder & Director Apr 2010 – Feb 2017 LatticeBridge Infotech Ltd., Chennai Chief – Technology and Operations (CTO & COO) Apr 2004 – March 2010 Dax Networks Ltd.. Chennai Head – Product & Brand Marketing 1999- 2001 First Computers, Chennai Senior Manager – Marketing & Communication 1994–1999 Business Manager (Business Unit of First Computers) 1997-1999 Manager – Marketing and Communication 1994-1997
NEPC, Chennai Assistant Manager – Marketing and Communication 1991-1994 MAA Group, Chennai Client Servicing / Account Executive 1987 – 1991 Detailed Work History
Senior Consultant – Strategy & Execution March 2019 – till date Scale Up Advisory & GoodLife LLP, Chennai
Role: Hands-on Consultant for Small & Medium entities in IT products & services, KPO/BPO, other industries. Business domain knowledge: Multiple domains
Expertise and nature of work:
• Strategy – Business Transformation; Products & Services – Ideation through client deployment
• Product Management – Ideation through release; Pivots
• BD & Sales - Domestic, USA, UK, EU markets: New Geos & Markets, Strategic Alliances, Partnerships, Leads, Customer/ Market Traction, Pilots, Acquisition; ABPs, Quota management, P & L advisory.
• Marketing, GTM - Domestic, USA, UK, EU markets – Digital/Omni channel, Content/Communication, Tools, Campaigns, Reach analytics, ROI, course correction.
• Tech Strategy – New tech evaluation, vendor assessment, TCO, adoption, Budgeting, Integration.
• Operations Scaling – Talent and Infrastructure assessment, TCO and budgeting. Page 4 of 8
• Handholding a Healthcare KPO focused on RCM offshoring services – US market; Concept 2 Consumer Roadmap and implementation with cutting edge BOTS Technology backbone, Leads and Partner setup and rollout.
• Handholding a startup in the ‘Green – No Plastic’ space (bio-friendly B2C products) - Product Management, Pan India GTM using Conventional and Digital Sales Channels, Sales Enablement, Marketing & Communication.
• Strategize expansion and implementation of growth plan for an EXIM firm catering to Global Markets. Senior Consultant - Strategy, New Initiatives Dec 2017 – Feb 2019 Cenza Technologies, Chennai
Nature of Business: IT/ITES/KPO
Reporting to: President/CEO and Board
Role: Lead New Initiatives - Logistics & Shipping BPO (Bundled/ Productized) offering.
• Business case evaluation, Market validation, GTM planning & execution across EU, UK and USA.
• Assessed, on-boarded and aligned Strategic Partners in Benelux & EU region.
• Operations and Delivery build out –
o Resource mapping, evaluation, selection, induction to process. o Digital Technology strategy, validation, selection & implementation- AI/ML Platforms/Tools to right fit Logistics business processes.
o Assess Logistics & shipping documentation Cloud based work flow platforms, select and deploy for process solutions delivery.
o Plan and execute client Pilot projects and enable Go Live. o Define KRA/ KPIs, Quality benchmarks for services delivery. o Ensure client SLAs are adhered in solutions and services delivery. o Guide and monitor Logistics Managed Services team – Technology, Solutions & Delivery.
• Business side - GTM, Sales and Marketing strategy, Pipeline, Costing & Pricing, Targets & Revenue, ROI.
• Enable Omni Channel client outreach- Content strategy and builds, Campaign management, tracking and course correction.
• Define Value proposition builds and articulation to prospective client audiences.
• Budgeting and tracking for Logistics services.
• Enabled Sales from EU Logistics clients: Pilots to Billable accounts; EURO 500K. Senior Vice President - Strategy, New Initiatives (Full Time On Contract) Mar 2017 – Dec 2017 Cenza Technologies, Chennai
Nature of Business: IT/ITES/KPO
Reporting to: President/CEO and Board
Role: New Initiatives and Strategy
• Mandated to identify, validate, recommend new business services in the KPO space with AI / ML framework,, Due diligence etc.
• Ground-up Evolved & implemented Strategy for bundled (Productized) Financial Services - KYC/AML Process Outsourcing.
• Signed-up Global Strategic Partners / Alliances for Technology and Sales in the UK and EU.
• Technology Strategy and implementation:
• Assessed 3rd party Global technology platforms and databases with AI/ ML capability, deployed to improve business process services – few of them are: RDC, ComplyAdvantage, Trulioo, Aquibix, iMeta, EBOS.
• Implemented Business Process work flow solutions, enabled seamless production and delivery.
• Transitioned to Operations for operations continuity.
• Assessed, recruited Project Managers and Process Executives, deployment of the same on projects. Page 5 of 8
• Business Development: TG Segmentation, Validation, Traction, Leadgen, and consumption of new KPO services.
• 360 Global Marketing and Communication to Business Audience in the UK and USA - Omni Channel Digital, Traditional - Collateral, Content, Ads, Metrics & ROI.
• KRA/ KPI setting, periodic team cadence.
• Enabled sales conversions from Banks in UK for KYC/AML services: GBP 450K. Co-Founder & Director – Client’s Growth April 2010 – Feb 2017 Scale Up Advisory, Chennai (LLP)
Nature of business: Growth Advisory
Clients Profile: IT Products and Services, KPO, Data Analytics, Health Care Capital Equipment, Digital Media, Education. Reporting to: Co-Founders – Lateral
Role: Director & Co-founder (LLP) along with 3 Senior professionals with excellent credentials and experience.
● Steered Strategy Consulting services across clients.
● 8 years revenues of over USD 600K (across 8 years) from the Consulting practice.
● Clients include Software Product & Service cos., Business Process & ERP cos, Health Care Capital Equipment, Data Analytics, Digital Services cos, Education, and KPO.
● Engaged in and as Fractional CXO roles, driving growth mandates of clients.
● Provided Thought Leadership, Strategy and Implementation of Product and Services rollout, hand holding clients as part of the engagement.
● Client engaged with:
o Cenza Technologies ( KPO/ BPO – Market focus: USA, UK and EU) o Impetus Analytics (Data Analytics – Market focus: US, UK, India) o Easy Design Systems (Hotel & Restaurant S/W Product – Market focus : ME, APAC and India) o Inspace Technologies ( ERP Consulting – Market Focus : India, ME) o OneMG (Digital Communication/ Mass Media – Market focus : India, US, Australia o TAPMI (Manipal Educational Group – Market Focus : India, APAC, ME) o CURA Health Care (Capital Diagnostic Equipments – Market focus: ME, APAC, SA, India) Chief – Technology and Operations (CTO & COO) April 2004 – March 2010 LatticeBridge Infotech Limited, Chennai, India (ISO 9001: 2000 Certified) Major Equity Holders: Venture East (USA), SIDBI Venture Capital (India), Analog Devices (USA). Nature of business: Speech AI Products, Managed Services for CTI, IVR Systems, Customer Interaction Management
(CIM), Voice Portals and Telecom/ Mobile VAS on SAAS, PAAS, CAPEX, OPEX models. Geographies addressed: India, Middle East, USA.
Domain: Telecom, BFSI, Utilities.
Reporting to: Founder / CEO and Dotted line reporting to Board & Investors. Some of the Enterprise Accounts Engaged:
Account Name Project/ Solution Ticket Size
Vodafone, India ● Speech AI /IVR Product for Contact Center US$ 1 Million Tata Indicom, India ● Pan India rollout of Speech AI /IVR Product/ system for Contact Center.
US $ 1.5 Million
Nokia Siemens Networks, India ● Professional Services (sub Contract) Speech AI/ IVR Platform migration.
US $ 250,000
Etisalat Telecom, UAE ● Telephone Directory Product – Speech AI/ IVR and Outbound Dialer
DU, UAE ● Speech AI Product for CSAT application. US$ 200,000 Non Telecom Accounts:
Page 6 of 8
State Bank of India (SBI) ● Speech AI Product for Personal Banking Help Desk across 4 HOs in India and NRI Accounts Division in Mumbai. US$ 90,000
Indian Railways ● Speech AI Contact Center Solution US$ 300,000 Ashok Leyland ● Speech AI /IVR, SMS based Loyalty Solution US$ 30,000 Etihad Airways (UAE) ● Crew Booking product using Speech AI / IVR US$ 100,000 Nuance, USA ● Speech AI – Language Engine Localization US $ 75,000 Achievements:
A. Product Development / Management and IP Creation:
● Introduced Best practices in PDLC – Aligned team to adopt and practice AGILE -like Methodology.
● Provided Strategic direction and support to Product Group in areas of Product Architecture, GTM, Features and Pivots, UI / UX, Beta and Version release.
● Released 4 Products between the year 2006 and 2009: Dialogue Tracker, eVASS, Candidate Scan, Speechifieds.
● Released Proprietary Speech AI / IVR Platform in 2009 and Product rollout in production servers at Vodafone, Tata Indicom in multi-sites.
● Filed patents for the above 4 Products.
● Ensured Team Cadence was in place and strictly adhered. B. Technology Strategy and Positioning (Qualitative Achievements):
● Identified relevant technologies in the Telephony/Speech space, examined strategic fit and aligned internal organization to learn, assimilate and develop & deliver business application using these technologies –VXML, IP Voice, to name a few.
● Educated prospective customer organizations, more at the CXO Level, on the value that Speech AI applications could deliver in terms of cost advantage, productivity enhancements and UX.
● Positioned Speech AI as the next big Disruptive Technology among customers & prospects and established the company as a serious player in the Contact Center Technology ecosystem.
● Built a sustainable competitive advantage framework by setting up COE in Speech AI Technologies, and focused engineering efforts in improving technology performance and capability – set new benchmarks in Speech AI Technology performance (80 % FARR).
C. Strategic Account Management:
● Executive Sponsor for 2 large Accounts - Tata Indicom and Vodafone - for 1/ years. These Accounts contributed close to 70% of the Top line (US$ 3 Million) in FY 09.
● Created trusted partnerships with named Accounts and played Realigned CRM teams into ‘Key Account Management (KAM)’ and ‘Technical Account Management (TAM)’ teams and evolved a KAM –TAM Frame work to support farming into these named Accounts.
● Provided End to end guidance from POC to Delivery.
● Established CXO level relationships with named Accounts and formalized a workable KAM – TAM program.
● Played the role of Technology Solutions Advisor / Evangelist. D. Solutions - Project Management, Delivery and SLAs:
• 30+ Full-cycle, Multi-site, Multi-client Projects delivered on CAPEX, OPEX, PPU models.
● Evolved and implemented Speech AI / IVR Systems Development and Delivery framework and ensured adoption and assimilation across the team of 140 + Engineers which includes Solutions Architects, Delivery Managers, Project & Product Managers.
● Inducted Best Practices in SDLC across teams and implemented Onsite – Offshore model
● Handled Resource planning, Allocation, Utilization, and Performance tracking for over 5 years.
● Scaled technical FTEs from 15 to 160+ across levels.
● Defined and implemented People Metrics - KRA and KPIs for the entire team across levels and ensured optimal utilization and load balance.
● Weekly Team Cadence to ensure project delivery and SLA adherence.
● Formulated and implemented a measurable SLA management process and aligned 24x7 post production support teams.
● Supported Pre-Sales in responding to RFIs/ RFPs with appropriate Products and solutions, technical specs – Page 7 of 8
Scoping, Sizing, Effort Estimate and Competitive pricing (Saas, Fixed Price, T&M, Revenue Share, Transaction Based Models).
● Responsible and worked on Operations budgets based on Pipeline Status and Business Plan.
● Handled CAPEX deployment (in terms of H/W and Software) of over US$ 2 Million.
● Improved Capital efficiency and EBITDA Y-o-Y from 2006.
● Achieved EBITDA of over 35% in FY 2009 in FY 09.
● Handled Operations Budget with an EBITDA target of 40% for FY 10.
● Worked closely with VC/Investors, Board and CEO in Operations & Strategy, in goal setting and in achieving target numbers in terms of Top line and Bottom line. F. Quality/Process:
● As Management Representative (MR), initiated and implemented QMS (ISO 9001: 2008), and spearheaded the ISO certification program (Assessed and certified by TUV NORD in 2008).
● Guide and monitor Quality team in planning and implementing course changes, continual improvement with view to achieve set measurable objectives.
● Guided the team towards CMM L3 certification.
G. Technical Infrastructure:
● Handled CAPEX deployment (in terms of H/W and Software) of over US$ 2 Million.
● Front-ended and created strategic partnerships/alliances with leaders in the Telecom/CTI space - Envox
(Canada), Nuance (USA), Donjin (China) and Avaya (USA) which translated into business opportunities by way of deploying Speech AI Systems in large customers such as Vodafone, Tata Indicom, Airtel, Etisalat (UAE), DU(UAE).
● As the Head of Technical Operations, planned and implemented essential Infrastructure in Development Center - LAN with 160 work stations, 4 Test Beds, and Telecom data center with 5 E1s (150 telephone lines). H. Hosted Infrastructure:
● Handled planning and implementation of Hosted Infrastructure / Service Delivery Platform (SDP) for Speech AI based applications across client locations – Vodafone, Tata Indicom, Etisalat - to name a few.
● Over 3000 ports in production servers at various client locations handling about 6 – 8 Million calls per month in Customer Care and VAS domains.
I. Skills Training and Development:
● Created a robust technical team by imparting necessary training. Ensured the team acquired skills to be abreast and meet client demands, and also to meet organization’s business and technology focus for the near and medium term. (e.g) telecom standards based technologies such as SS7, VXML - to name a few.
● Planned and initiated Scale up Training for Managers to help them move ahead in the organization and to increase responsibility bandwidth.
Head – Product and Brand Marketing 1999- 2001 January Dax Networks Ltd, Chennai, India (ISO certified)
Nature of Business: Enterprise Hardware, Networking Solutions Geographies: Nationwide with over 30 Distributors and 1500 Last Mile Channel / VARs Market Position: No.2 among Indian Networking Products/Brands. Size: US$ 10 Million in FY 2001
Reported to: CEO & Co-Founder / Director– Marketing. Achievements:
● As a Product Marketing and Brand Head, rolled out Go-To-Market Brand plan in conjunction with Business Plan for ‘Dax’ range of networking products across 14 Indian States.
● Pivotal role in significantly improving Top line in collaboration with Business Development Teams.
● Worked closely and supported Sales Team in pushing up top line to US$ 8 Million by Jan 2001.
● Played crucial role, along with other stakeholder functions, in launching 8 market leading products during a 2 year period and organized Pan India Road shows, Sales Promos, and Channel Promo campaigns covering 1500+ Resellers and 60 Channel Partners across India.
Page 8 of 8
● Handled Marketing and Promo budgets of over US$ 500K in 2 years.
● Led a team of 4 and ensured effective implementation of Brand Marketing programs.
● Anchored collaborative efforts with Product Engineering, Field Sales teams and ensured effective penetration of Brand ‘Dax’ in the market/s.
● Initiated and commissioned a Brand awareness and consumer acceptance study for DAX brand with A.C. Nielsen ( ORG-MARG) across India .
● Instrumental in creating the Title ‘Dax - Fastest Growing Indian Networking Brand FY 2000’ as published by Media.
Senior Manager – Marketing and Communication (1994–1999) / Manager (1994-1997) First Computers, Chennai, India (ISO Certified),
Rank: No.3 Nationally in the period 1997 - 1998
Size: US$ 6 Million
Nature of business and geography : IT Training / Education; Nationwide with 120 Training/ Education centers. Reported to: Managing Director & Director – Marketing Achievements:
● In conjunction with Business Head and Leadership, launched MarCom Programs across 19 Indian States.
● Led a team of 9 members and handled day-to-day implementation to meet business demands.
● Ensured effective implementation of MarCom initiatives across all Regional / Franchisee centers (126 Centers) in all.
● Handled Marketing budget and spend of US$ 1.5 Million over 4 years.
● Tracked ROI on Marketing spend in terms of ‘cost per enrollment per month of spend’.
● Played a pivotal role in evolving MarCom Strategy and Implementation using media vehicles such as Print, Electronic and OOH (ATL and BTL).
● Key Interface and SPOC for handling Ad agencies – LINTAS and O&M to name.
● Was totally in control of Ad campaigns, collaterals and media exposure including PR.
● Generated wide press coverage across various print media in English and vernacular.
● Conducted 6 MR studies with AC Nielsen across major cities to study consumer preferences for IT education. Additional Role:
Business Manager – First Lady (A Division of First Computers).
● Business driver for the IT education initiative where Women entrepreneurs operate training centers exclusively for Women students.
● Signing up 4 Master Franchisees (MFs) across 4 states in India.
● Worked closely with MFs and signed in 22 Franchise centers and supported them in Sales, Marketing, revenue generation and Communication.
● Played key role in Business development, Revenue Forecasting, Monitoring and Enhancement.
● Generated Sale of over US$ 1 Million over 2 years. Assistant Manager – Marcom 1991-1994
NEPC Group of Companies, Chennai, India (ISO Certified) Nature of business: Conglomerate - Wind Turbine Generators, Airlines, and branded agro-foods. Geography of market: Pan India.
● Planned and implemented Marketing and Promotional programs
● Marcom, Advertising and PR campaigns
● Channel Sales Promotion, Event Management, Dealer Meets, Stakeholder Conference.
● Public Relations, Media Relations, Marketing Collateral (development and dissemination)
● Handled IPO campaign with a media spend of USD 300K.
● Key interface for Ad agency interactions – HTA (now JWT) and O&M. During the initial phase of my career, between 1987 and 1991, I had the opportunity to work for Media and Advertising organizations in Client Servicing roles. End of Profile