Address: San Jose, CA Cell: 669-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeastern University 3.86/4.0 San Jose, US
Master of Science, Information Systems Sep. 2019 - Jun. 2021 (expected) University of Electronic Science and Technology of China 3.62/4.0 Chengdu, China Bachelor of Science, Microelectronic Science and Engineering Sep. 2015 - Jul. 2019 Courses: Algorithms, Data Structures, Java Programming, Web Application Development, Mobile Application Development
Job+: A Personalized Job Recommendation Engine
• Designed and implemented an interactive web application for users to search and apply available job positions.
• Implemented RESTful APIs using Java servlets, retrieved job descriptions using Github API and stored data in MySQL.
• Explored multiple recommendation algorithms and extracted keywords from job descriptions to implement a Content-based algorithm.
• Deployed the service to AWS EC2 and performed load test using Apache JMeter. Hermes: A Spring and Hibernate based Online Store
• Built an online store using Spring MVC and Web Flow with functionalities including item listing, searching, and ordering.
• Simplified and streamlined database operations with Hibernate.
• Used AWS Lambda and AWS Step Functions to build a fulfillment system.
• Implemented security workflow based on Spring Security in-memory authentication and JDBC authentication mechanisms.
NBA-Visual: React JS based NBA Player Stats Visualization
• Implemented a dashboard using React, D3 and Ant Design to visualize player stats and ratings. Developed a shot chart and a user profile view to show individual players’ performance.
• Fetched player data through stats.nba.com APIs.
• Created 4 extra filters and 2 shot themes (hexbin and scatter) to provide more customized visualization on the shot chart.
• Developed a player search bar. Improved user experience by providing autocompletion and player suggestion functionalities.
Tinnews: a Tinder-like News App
• Designed the Instagram Flavor News app based on Google Component Architectural 2
• Implemented the bottom bar & page navigation using JetPack navigation component
• Utilized Mindorks’s PlaceHolderView to support swipe gestures for liking/disliking the news
• Built the Room Database with LiveData & ViewModel to support local cache and offline model
• Integrated Retrofit and Rxjava to pull the latest news data from a RESTFUL endpoint
(provided by newsapi.org)
Web/Mobile Development: Java Servlet, AngularJS, Node.js, JQuery, HTML & CSS, React, Firebase, Android