Weston, FL ***** email@example.com
786-***-**** linkedin.com/in/maricela-fernandez-chirinos-6b615228 BUSINESS PROCESS OPTIMIZATION
Highly motivated Shared Service Center Business Process Leader for Accounts Payable with a verifiable record of accomplishment spanning twenty years in Latin American Countries, supporting financial Service Operations in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines. Capitalizing on exceptional interpersonal, written, oral, organizational and planning skills to maximize day to day operations and accomplish tasks.
• Readsoft • Excel4Apps • Team Work
• Oracle • Excel • Adaptable
• SAP • iExpense Report • Critical Thinking
• Concur • Service Now • Collaborating
• Shared Point • Bilingual, English and Spanish • Flexible EXPERIENCE
Teva Pharmaceutical, SSC Accounts Payable, Weston, FL January 2012 February 2020 Business Process Optimization, Manage Accounts Payable Group Detailed design and implementation of TEVA s Latin America Shared Service Centre for the Procure to pay chain, specifically for Accounts Payable, I Expense, and purchasing approval workflows. Implemented countries: Venezuela, Argentina, Chile, Peru, Brazil, Mexico and Uruguay.
• Lead consultant in the current state understanding and assessment to define the future state, by proposing resources structure and process, IT, and attention model enhancements.
• Collaborated in the standardization of key processes in accordance with their business needs as well as local laws and regulations.
• Collaborated and implemented regulations for Oracle operational transactions complying with regulations decreasing fine amounts per year.
• Successful implementation of the AP processes and model while considering the fiscal, operational, and regulatory requirements unique to each territory resulting in 10% decrease cost of full-time employment.
• Assisting Management Team with all countries pilot and provide recommendations related to the definition to address legal requirements. (i.e. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act FCPA) and commercial requirements (i.e. product code/line identification).
• Redesign of the purchasing and accounts payable workflows in Oracle to streamline approval processes and decrease payment cycle.
• Implement activities to monitor transactions of Foreign Corrupt Practices Act FCPA.
• Training for Accounts Payable during countries projects; these included the publishing of Process Desk Manuals called Conference Room Pilots, Policies and Procedures, responsibility matrixes for Mexico, Uruguay, Argentina, Chile, Brazil, Venezuela and Peru.
• Leading the implementation of SharePoint for Accounts Payables forms in all subsidiaries of LATAM: Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay and Venezuela. MARICELA FERNANDEZ firstname.lastname@example.org PAGE TWO
• Gathering requirements to assure our processes agree with procedures and policies and Compliance requirements, assessment, testing, training on site (CRP UAT) and user’s manual for all the forms. After Go Live continuing process improvements.
Teva Pharmaceutical, Caracas, Venezuela April 2007 December 2012 Internal Control Manager, Laboratorios Elmor S.A.
Performed and supported audit processes for accounting which included accounts receivable, accounts payable, manufacturing, costs, etc., and supported PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) in the execution of year end activities, preparation of documentation for transfer pricing, resolution and follow up of findings and resolutions detected by internal and external auditors.
• Planning, controlling and leading the implementation of adequate activities to comply with internal control processes under COSO guidelines, aligned with the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) Law.
• Responsible for implementing and complying with the “Sarbanes Oxley, section 404” Law.
• Ensured an adequate compliance of all internal control processes across the organization.
• Planned, supervised, reviewed and executed audit processes required by headquarters.
• Optimized processes in the operational and financial areas.
• Responsible for establishing the necessary changes of policies and procedures to comply with local and international laws.
• Supervised, evaluated and revised, permanently and continuously, all operational processes to guarantee effectiveness, efficiencies and compliance with norms, policies and procedures within the corporation.
• Evaluated corporate internal control impact derived from the implementation of new technologies, business development, new tools, etc.
• Followed up and supported the implementation of Anti Corruption policy within the company
• Directed training of the management on the Corporate Portal to document transactions related to the Anti Corrupt practices in overseas FCPA law, specifically in relation to parties with direct influence over the commercial scope of the industry (e.g., doctors, chemists, pharmacists, nurses) according to Teva policy. Coca Cola Femsa De Venezuela – Bottling Company of Coca Cola March 2002 March 2007 Head of Internal Control
Responsible for financially controlling row material and packaging material inventories, products in process, as well as the production report for dispatching. Planned, supervised and reviewed the audit process for Sarbanes Oxley Law.
• Responsible for Process Optimization along the production line in order to reduce cost and increase revenues.
• Developed the overall audit plans, prepared budgets and controlled audit cost.
• Identified accounting auditing problems and prepared recommendations.
• Planned and executed physical controls of inventory.
• Responsible for controlling all administrative operations regarding the production process. EDUCATION
Bachelor of Science (BS), Accounting
Universidad Central de Venezuela