Confidential Resume: Lee Pannell
LEE PANNELL Cell Phone: +1-865-***-**** Email: email@example.com EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
Executive with repeated success in positions of increasing responsibility. Expert at quickly formulating the strategies and tactics to maximize top line revenue, bottom line EBITDA, and strategic position. Successful in start-up, turn-around, and Fortune 50 markets. Extensive international experience with direct sales, distribution, and manufacturing. Effective communicator across all organizational levels and functions. PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
LUTRONIC 12/2017 – PRESENT
COO and CMO (Reports: 110 R&D, 11 Marketing, 7 Product Management, 6 Clinical, 4 I.T., 3 Regulatory)
• Successfully turned around the company by streamlining operations, setting 1-, 3-, and 5-year product roadmaps, harmonizing worldwide pricing, stabilizing product manufacturing in Korea, establishing manufacturing in USA, developing new products, cleaning up regulatory, and leveraging 2 in-house clinics to attain 8 new FDA clearances. All this resulted in doubling sales in 2018, followed by another 75% YOY growth in 2019. Despite 12 prior years of USA losses, my 2 years of strategic management led the company to profitability for the first time.
• Conceived and initiated corporate re-branding, launched 5 new products, 2 major upgrades to existing products, 2 breakthrough procedures, etc. Significantly improved brand awareness, KOL engagement, and commercial value. ZARIN MEDICAL 2/2015 – 12/2017
President and COO (Reports: 3 managers, 22 total reports)
• Co-founder of a start-up selling medical lasers. Cash-flow positive in 6 months. Tripled in 2016. Doubled in 2017.
• Manage all aspects of company operations: Development, Regulatory, Marketing, Purchasing, Logistics, H.R., etc. LUMENIS 1/2013 – 1/2015
VP of Marketing and Western Sales (Reports: 4 managers, 17 total reports)
• Recruited back to grow the USA $90million P&L. 2013 results: revenue 13.4%, EDITDA 16%, attrition 44%. 2014 results: double-digit growth over 2013.
• Launched 2 OEM products and 4 new products. Trained sales force. Created significant demand to drive sales.
• Leveraged patent # 08496696 to become the standard of care for government and private practice.
• The Western Sales Director exited in late 2013, so I also took on sales management. 2014 results: 71% of reps exceeded annual quota before Q4. Expanded by 30%. Hired 3 of top 5 sales reps. 80% of all reps over quota. KIMBLE CHASE LIFE SCIENCE AND RESEARCH 1/2010 – 12/2012 Vice President of Sales, Marketing and Product Development (Reports: 8 directors, 151 total reports)
• Drove global sales and marketing of laboratory instruments and consumables to exceed 2010 and 2011 corporate objectives and P&L goals (revenue 20.4%, EDITDA 38%, working capital 17%, inventory turns 1.7, etc.)
• Built demand, created collateral, and trained sales force to achieve 310% growth in new and strategic products
• To maximize focus and brand awareness, managed reduction of 4000 SKUs and consolidated from 9 brands to 3
• Identified and developed direct sales and indirect channel (through distributors) in over 90 counties to capture significant market share and negotiated multi-year contracts to insure double-digit growth in all geographies
• Company successfully bought by joint equity partner. Simultaneously, recruited to Lumenis by former president. SOLTA MEDICAL (merger of Reliant Technologies and Thermage) 2007 – 12/2009 Managing Director of Marketing & Sales (Reports: 3 directors, 27 total reports)
• Created enormous product anticipation/demand and eclipsed first year sales projection in less than 30 days
• Developed and launched 3 surgical products, immediately purchased by Duke, Johns Hopkins, Mass General, etc.
• Resolved channel issues to exceed revenue goals with an average quarterly performance of 131%
• Exceeded P&L objectives; developed multiple KOLs and increased leads by 240%
• After successful sale/merger of Reliant Technologies to Thermage to form Solta, handled successful integration and full harmonization of sales reps, clinical application specialists, customer service, etc. Confidential Resume: Lee Pannell
LEE PANNELL Page 2 of 2
LUMENIS 1999 - 2007
VP of Marketing & Product Development / Director of National Accounts / Regional Sales Manager (Reports: varied)
• Managed business unit of $135 million P&L with increased profitability to fund the other 2 business units
• Turned around product launch that prior management was about to cancel after selling only 3 units. Conducted market analysis; established road map; worked with R&D and KOL’s on product specifications; defined cohesive messaging; executed sales tactics. In first 2 years, the modified product generated $54 million at significant profit.
• Co-inventor on US Patent 11/730,017. Spearheaded FDA clearance and launch of new product in an unprecedented 5 months by proactively addressing validity of product engineering, manufacturing, safety, efficacy, and clinical benefits. Personally wrote operator’s manual, clinical reference guide, and other documentation. Trained KOLs and worldwide sales force (direct and distributors). Created all marketing material and tradeshow collateral.
• Managed global/national corporate accounts, group purchasing organizations, hospitals, surgery centers and large surgeon practices; marketed capital equipment (surgical lasers), accessories and service agreements.
• Recruited to a start-up company (Reliant Technologies) to commercialize product and create the Fraxel brand CORDIS 1994 - 1999
• Drove 44% Year-over-year sales growth of interventional cardiology products. #1 in new product sales.
• Designed and implemented Sales Force Automation tools to prepare for sale of company to Johnson & Johnson US SURGICAL CORPORATION 1990 - 1994
Sales Manager (Reports: 7 sales specialists)
• Energized “swat team” of specialists to exceed goals for new and strategic products for minimally invasive surgery
(laparoscopy, thoracoscopy, etc.) and obstetrics/gynecology
• Took over poorly performing territory, restored relationships to drive quota achievement for all sales representatives
• Developed Sales Force Automation applications and rolled out corporate-wide. Enabled corporate restructuring. IBM CORPORATION 1981 - 1990
Sales Representative / Manager / Systems Programmer (Reports: 10 computer specialists)
• 122% of quota. Earned “Prospector” Award (new accounts). Earned Branch Manager's Awards (3 years in a row)
• Served as Program Director and on the Steering Committee for International Management Symposiums
• Project Manager for installation of multimillion-dollar computer centers
• Left for entrepreneurial opportunity so that my wife could stay at home with children PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS
Fellow: ASLMS (American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery), since 2000 Member: ACS, ASTM, LPA, ILDA and other professional associations Board of Directors, Chairman: Diligence Medical, since 2007 Board of Directors, Treasurer: Center of Light, 501(c)(3) organization, 2017 Advisory Board: HOPE Central, 501(c)(3) organization, 2013-2016 Foundation Representative: Casa de la Esperanza, 501(c)(3) organization, since 2010 EDUCATION AND RELEVANT INFORMATION
Bachelor’s of Science (Highest Honors, 3.94 GPA): Human Ecology, University of Tennessee Minors: Computer Engineering, Business Administration, and Math Honor Societies: Phi Kappa Phi (Lifetime), Golden Key (Lifetime) Currently enrolled in MBA: Emphasis in International Business, expected completion Spring 2020 Honor Societies: Delta Mu Delta (Lifetime), Alpha Chi (Lifetime) References available upon request or view recommendations at http://www.linkedin.com/in/leepannell