https://www.linkedin.com/in/shankar-profile/ Chennai, India SYSTEM TEST LEAD ENGINEER
HIL VALIDATION TEST AUTOMATION IN PYTHON
System Validation Lead Engineer with proven work record of 10 years with Automotive domain. Excellent experience in embedded systems validation with dSPACE HIL test setups, test management, SD/TLC and test automation. Quick learner, inter-intra team player and highly-motivated towards automation and problem solving. Professional Summary
10 year of experience in developing test environment using dSPACE and other HIL setups
Acquaintance with validation of systems and in-vehicle testing with real-time ECUs.
Hands-on experience in developing test automation framework using NI-Labwindows CVI, Python, PyTest and Robot-frame work.
Test automation development in ECU-Test from Trace Tronics GmbH.
Experience in closed loop and open loop, black-box testing to validate the dynamic of the vehicle systems.
Proficient in Embedded-C, Python and CAPL programming.
Skilled in using dSPACE tools such as Control Desk, Automation Desk and RTI blocks.
Experience in using ASAM-HIL and XIL API standard for Model Access (MA) Port of dSPACE.
Analysis and debugging exposure of automotive protocols such as CAN/CAN-FD, J1939, UDS on vehicle-bus system.
Skilled in using vector tools like CANape, CANalyzer and CANoe. Also experience in ETAS – INCA
Experience in developing real-time models in MATLAB-Simulink for building the vehicle dynamics and dSPACE RTI setup.
Skilled in webpage automation using Selenium and API validation for Telematics systems.
Exposure to AUTOSAR platform layers such as application, RTE and BSW for white-box testing.
Experience with agile portfolio and work management tools such as Targetprocess, HPQC and Polarion.
Exposure in version control and configuration management (CM) tools such as GIT, GERRIT and Jenkins.
Day to day usage of Pycharm and VS-Code for coding.
Extending the support to different teams and learning from other as well.
Work experience in Agile (Scrum) workflow model and exposure to ASPICE process.
Experience with Software testing methods in par with ISTQB certification. Professional Experience
Software Validation Technical Lead. June 2019 – Present Valeo India Pvt. Ltd Chennai, IN
Validation technical lead for Software integration of newly developing E-Mobility generic platform of Volkswagen Modularer E-Antriebs-Baukasten (MEB). Support and coordinate the team activities on technical front for the software validation. Works with ASPICE standards of SWE 5 & 6.
• Analysis of software requirement for High Voltage system of > 300 V Inverter ECU using dSPACE.
• Development of test strategies for dynamic testing of SWC and multiple SWCs developed in AUTOSAR standards and ASIL (ISO26262) standards.
• Rest-Bus simulation using CANoe and CAPL programming.
• Real-time calibration and measurements using INCA & CANAPE.
• Test automation using ECU-TEST & Python.
• collaborated with functional analysts.
• Performed regular tests on new and existing features (regression).
• Defect logging and traceability using Polarion.
• Create test artifacts and closure document along with test summary report.
• Technically lead a team of 10 members.
• Guided the team through problem solving process and come up with positive results. System Validation Lead Engineer May 2015 – May 2019 Caterpillar Inc. Chennai, IN
Validation lead engineer for HIL System Validation for complete Caterpillar heavy machine of Wheel Tractor Scraper with dual engine and dual transmission. Coordinate with different teams such as Systems designing team, software development team and quality team to carry out the validation.
• Built a test setup using Mid-Size dSPACE connected to all the real ECUs of WTS machine to carry out the system level validation of application software.
• Hand-on experience with Control Desk GUI Development.
• Reviewed requirements, machine electrical schematics, testcases developed for validation and test reports.
• Hands-on with MATLAB-Simulink for both open loop and closed loop models (incorporating plant models) using dSPACE provided libraries for test bench setup.
• Test automation using Python and Automation desk to carry out smoke and regression testing. Software Team Leader for Electro Hydraulic Subsystems Caterpillar Inc.
Team lead for subsystems for Caterpillar machines such as Implements, Steering and Braking. Manage & support team on day to day activities.
• Making a team work together by having a keen understanding of people
• Provide clear goals and let the team find the best way to achieve them.
• Motivating the team and help them developing their skills while working hard on the delivery assigned.
• Understands the problems, help the team overcome them and more importantly, learn from problem so that it does not happen again.
• Guided the team through problem solving process and come up with positive results. Senior Test Automation Engineer
Test automation engineer for telematics system for Caterpillar machines. Responsible for validation of data collected by IOT device from ECU communication buses and transferred data in customer fleet web page. The data is verified at various levels datalink, web service api and web-pages.
• HIL Bench setup using dSPACE for generic machine for validation.
• Design and development of test automation framework using Robot-framework python.
• Design and development of automation of webpages using Selenium python to extract and feed information.
• Extraction and upload of data to databases using Web APIs using requests in python.
• Tool to monitor live telematics data from customer and field follow machines.
• Automated smoke test for releases using Jenkins & GIT.
• Exposure to AGILE method of working for delivery. Senior Software Engineer July 2010 – Apr 2015
Larsen & Toubro Technology Services [Caterpillar Inc.] Chennai, IN Validation engineer of HIL System Validation for complete different Electro Hydraulic subsystems such as Steering, Braking and Implements for Caterpillar machines.
• Setting up HIL benches for various programs such as Articulated Trucks, Motor Graders, Wheel tractor scrapers to carry out the validation specific for Electro-Hydraulic systems.
• Review and understand the system requirements and derive test cases and test procedure for validation.
• Test Automation script development using Lab Windows CVI.
• Developed common libraries for CAN, CDL and J1939. Junior Research Fellow July 2009 – June 2010
DRDO-ADE division Bangalore, IN
Create and develop an algorithm using MATLAB to process the images captured by UAVs to identify and classify the object as cars, roads, building and people. Process to images and identify the object within 0.03 seconds there by, achieved the image tracking in video as well.
Certificate of Appreciation
Certificate of Appreciation for Telematics End to End Test Automation Testing at Caterpillar Inc.
Software Quality Award for the Generic Diagnostics and Event testing tool Development at CAT Electronics Team.
Software Quality Award for the Software testing in Steering and Braking subsystems at CAT Electronics Team. Educational Qualification
Bachelor of Engineer, Electronics & Communication, 2009, Anna University, India. Languages: Fluent in English & Tamil.
Trekking, Biking and Reading evolutionary books.