Charlotte, North Carolina *****
HUMAN RESOURCES & CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MANAGER
Over 15 years of Management experience in manufacturing and diversified industries PROFILE: Results driven Human Resource management career spanning 15 years, demonstrating year over year improvements in Attracting, Compensating and Training employees to build a sustainable workforce by introducing process improvement methodologies and data analytics across a variety of product lines to create advanced cost-efficient HR operations to accelerate business goals. HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Global Compliance • Budget Development/Management
• Lean/Six Sigma HR Implementation • Project Management
• Global Compensation Strategies • Employee Wellness
• Succession Planning • Collaboration and Design Thinking
• Continuous Improvement • Leadership Training and Development SELECTED ACHIEVEMENTS
HR Plant Leadership: Business unit experienced high turnover rate of IT staff and manufacturing personnel which caused missed project deadlines and excessive recruiting and training expenses. Identified cause, reorganized HR departments into COEs to attain better synergies across divisions, created new positions, drafted job descriptions/requirements, salary ranges and provided staff career development. RESULT: 13% average increase in employee retention three years in a row. Customer Satisfaction / Quality Assurance: Company experienced shipping delays of specific furniture lines due to manufacturing defects due to training deficiencies. This resulted in production down time, missed customer deliveries, increased air freight and excessive materials costs. Determined cause and worked with operations manager to create new training method, material planning policies, and workforce planning methods. RESULT: Increased tabletop production time by 50%, improved on-time deliveries to >94%, and eliminated line down time and additional freight costs. Business Process Improvements: Aggressive growth goals of company required quicker time to market while keeping existing workforce stable. Led Lean Manufacturing project teams that produced the following results: >42% reduction in time to market for the X1 Remote developed by a diverse group of engineers, product designers and experience architects used on the On Demand TV app through the use strategic sourcing, masters level intern conversion program, and problem solving due new skillset acquisition, reducing the amount of resources dedicated to costs associated with open requisitions and production delays.
SIX SIGMA GREEN BELT TRAINING
Reduced variation in hiring times and improved full-life cycle candidate experience tied to specific company metrics increase hiring of women, people of color, military and people with disabilities by 50%, 33%, 25% and 15% respectively.
$140,000 in hiring cycle time reduction, $30,000 in Cost-Avoidance for the Cable Talent Acquisition Division.
Quality / Cost Improvement: Led cross-functional racking system reduction team to remove the amount of unnecessary warehouse racking from a cost estimate of $2.5 million to $525,000 through the deployment of Process Maps, external vendor bids and SLAs, Standardized Work Instructions, Kaizen process blitzing and labor forecasting plans.
Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY
International Law - 1999
University of San Diego– San Diego, CA
BA, International Relations – 1996
POSITIONING STATEMENT: A senior level manager whose leadership, professional skills and education provide accurate management in HR operations and strategic planning for manufacturing companies and technology companies.
SR HR Project Manager, Comcast NBC Universal – Philadelphia, PA June 2017 – December 2019
• Promoted to SR Project Manager with P&L responsibilities for Inclusive Candidate Experience project, quality, cost and delivery of a $5 million dollar Cable operation project including all hiring activities for: Product Development, Customer Service, UX, Quality, Vendor Management, Human Resources and NPS major events for – 350 employees.
• Established Design Thinking strategies to better collect and analyze operating data including hiring cycle time, University Recruiting ROI, and Project Proposals and Scope to achieve company goals and implement initiatives.
• Responsible for leading organization to improve inclusion by increasing hiring goals for women, people of color, military hiring and people with disabilities to 50%, 33%, 25% and 15% respectively (with variable metrics) YOY on time and under budget.
• Achieved a 25% reduction in hiring and retention costs by using data analytics, 5S, virtual Kanban boards, manager training process improvements, NPS branding event planning over an 18-month period to create a model for accurately measuring employee experience ROI.
• Implemented strategic sourcing of vendor (producers, directors, etc.) network/Kanban to create Comcast University employee training content, and hiring campaign management to track talent sources, develop event survey feedback resulting in and improvement in employee engagement by 22%.
• Initiated compliance training for Sky Acquisition Workday implementation UK task force.
• Improved Manufacturing profit 21% over two-year period by utilizing Lean manufacturing techniques and strategic sourcing.
HR Consultant – Holgart (Remote) Lean & Six Sigma
June 2015 – June 2017
• Directed HR operations in California, Nevada, and the US East Coast, resulting in over 1-million- dollar reduction in liabilities and lawsuits.
• Set-up HR Departments- created job description database, handbooks, policies and procedures, IRS reporting, wage and hour law training, benefits, ADA, FMLA, OSHA, record keeping, COBRA, and compensation and benefits training in Union and Union Avoidance environments
• Oversaw U.S. compliance programs, saving the company over $95,000 in fines.
• Audited Affirmative Action plans and HR programs saving the company over $50,000 in fines.
• Conducted presentations to C-suit executives, management and employees Senior HR Business Partner, Amazon.com -Seattle, WA & Reno, NV October 2012 – April 2014
• Worked closely with production managers, Distribution Center General Manger to create ergonomic evaluations and training for over 500 employees in to prevent repetitive injuries and reduce Worker’s Comp claims and absenteeism by an average of 18%
• Used data analytics to create skills gap analysis program to train and develop employees resulting in 15% increase in internal employee promotions.
• Developed implementation program for ADP/Kronos employee self-service program reducing HR payroll operations transactions by 40%.
• Used Kaizen event to significantly reduced operational overtime costs by 90% through development and implementation of Lean Process efficiency improvements.
• Reduced financial loss by 10% through the development and implementation standard reporting practices for operations managers by creating time sensitive templates for compliance reporting.
• Managed and developed 8 direct reports with 20% of the team getting promoted within 12 months Global HR Director, Origins Holdings/Furniture Origins, Charlotte, NC & Singapore, Singapore Global Remote Team Management
September 2007 – October 2012
• Promoted and reported directly to CEO and worked closely with the company C-Suite to align manufacturing goals with workforce operations and planning using Lean Six-Sigma techniques to increase company productivity YOY by an average of 20%
• Delivered $35MM USD in bottom line savings in 08’, $46MM of productivity savings in ’09,
$66MM in 2010, and $75MM in 2011. Led bi-weekly reporting to C-Suite.
• Lead and managed global team of 17 country mangers (5 in US an UK, 12 Asia-PAC). Daily cross-functional interaction with, IT, design, sourcing, quality, evaluation, manufacturing, marketing, sales, and materials organizations to successfully execute business commitments.
• Controlled and orchestrated budget of $17MM+ annually to yield best return on projects to business.
• Created several new streamlined processes and COE to improve team efficiency and expand benefits and wellness programs across global business units and acquisitions.
• Conducted blue sky sessions to generate innovative and out of the box thinking: 100 yearly sessions including design wars, Lean Sigma. etc.
• Orchestrated projects to exceed service quality targets at all plants and meet our business targets. Improved low cost country supplier ratio by 30%.
• Improved safety and morale by creating an employee care program for over 5,000 employees
(2,000 via acquisition), fun officer, and Fire & Safety Manager. Worldwide HR Director, Cummins Engine, Nashville, TN & Mechelen, Belgium May 2002-September 2007
• Promoted to drive a performance change agenda for the filtration division, in 5 countries, 10 manufacturing facilities, and 16 distribution centers with approximately 2, 000 employees; Managed a global team of 9 direct reports, and 6 indirect reports
• Restructured leadership team, redeployed and upgraded 60% of the top 75 leaders, and built new management poles in North America, including Canada, and Western Europe, improving top-line revenues 27%
• Used the Lean- Process Improvement tools to improve HR performance: Reduced global HR headcount 15% and drove division administration centralization; Implemented cost saving initiatives $1.2M annually and positioned Belgian HR as a Strategic business partner
• Led all aspects of project management for the global implementation of the Company's HRIS System (Oracle)
Staffing & Recruitment Director, JR SIMPLOT COMPANY, Boise, ID & Beijing, China February 2001-May 2002
• Hired and to reorganize recruitment and staffing for global venture. Developed the recruiting department from a non-compliant transactional department into a full-scale strategic operation with over 300 HQ employees (management/executive personnel) and 15,000 regional employees.
• Created and implemented hiring policies, procedures, systems, and technologies to support company’s long-term growth and expansion.
• Used Behavior Based interviewing techniques to train department managers to comply with Federal and state hiring laws and regulations.
Employee Relations Manager- Macy’s Department Stores, Los Angeles, CA January 2000-February 2001
• Reported to corporate legal counsel to differentiate employee grievances and actionable violations resulting in a 30% decrease in EEOC complaints.
• Acted as the EEOC corporate representative before California Hearings Officer representing Macy’s Department Stores.
• Led compliance and diversity training programs for employee relations, benefits, loss prevention, department store managers, union avoidance, company polices, and an employee development KPI database.
SOFTWARE KNOWLEDGE BASE & COMPUTER SKILLS
Database Asana Project Management, FocusVision Decipher -Data Insights Desktop MS Office, MS Project, MS Visio, Adobe Pro, WebEx, Photoshop Workforce Oracle, ADP Kronos, Tableau, Excel, Yello, ICIMS, Wufoo AWARDS
2003: Six Sigma Green Belt Training - Cummins Engine 2002: Cranfield School of Business, Management Development Programme, Cranfield England 1998: Benjamin Cardozo School of Law-Heyman Award - Macy’s Employee Relations/Legal Compliance Externship
• Provided information and insight about current legal issues and corporate practice. 1995: University of San Diego - US Congressional Fellowship