Chesterfield, MI *****
Mobile *** - 588 – 1132 E-mail: email@example.com
An ambitious Director of Sales/ Business Development who creates strategic alliances with senior management teams to effectively support key business initiatives. Skilled in leading and motivating sales teams to penetrate new accounts. Offering over 25 years of experience managing North American & Japanese OEM's, Robotic Integrators, Large Tier One Suppliers and Distribution. Corporate & National Account Sales * Project Management
* Business & Market Development *
Distribution Management * Capital Equipment Sales * CRM New Product Development * Technological Solutions Selling
* Sales Training *
Contract Negotiations * Consultative Sales
* Develop “Selling/ Sales Cycle”
COE Press Equipment Corporation: A manufacture of complete lines of coil handling equipment including stand-alone coil reels, roll feeds, straighteners, shears and stackers as well as complete integrated lines. Regional Sales Manager/ Director of Sales & Marketing August 2017 – March 2020 Responsible for managing and growing sales over a multi-state territory which represented over 3 million in sales for 2019.
• Grew sales in Canada market by 55% despite the major challenge with the currency exchange rate.
• Secured the sale of $700K for a complete integrated line that included a de-coiler, straightener, feeder and programming. Acted as the Director for Sales & Marketing from December 2017 – August 2019, serving as a key member of executive team developing sales strategies for North America.
• Created and implemented strategic marketing plans, sales plans and forecasts to achieve corporate objectives for products and services.
• Developed the on-board process and product training program for new Regional Sales Managers.
• Responsible for managing over 19 million dollars in annual sales. VALCO Manufacturing Inc. (A Valiant TMS Company): A custom and production contract supplier that specializes in heavy metal fabrication and heavy machining of various ferrous and non-ferrous materials for the heavy equipment, construction and forestry industries. Sales Manager April 2016 – July 2017
Responsible for managing over 16 million dollars in annual sales throughout North America.
• Reported to the Senior Vice President – Business Development regarding customers, target accounts strategies and forecasts.
• Communicated with clients to improve and develop business relationships, while maintaining constant follow-up on their feedback.
• Assisted with the re-introduction and utilization guidelines of the company’s CRM- Salesforce.
• Responsible for managing over 16 million dollars in annual sales. Gray Matter Systems: A technology and consulting/ integration company focused on solving complex data and control problems. GMS provides data driven solutions to meet the requirements of companies that need process automation and strive for operational excellence. Sales Consultant August 2015 – April 2016
Responsible for identifying customer qualifications for pain, budget, decision making process, demonstration fulfillment, quotations and closure in the state of Michigan.
• Reported pipeline forecasts, including existing customers and new business opportunities.
• Created and delivered presentations, white papers and other sales tools to enhance technical value.
• Quarterbacked all sales & technical support activities in our manufacturing, utility and OEM accounts in Michigan. RSI Global Sourcing: The manufacturer of StableArc robotic welding torches, nozzle cleaning stations and consumable products. A diverse company that also focuses on the manufacturing and sourcing of products such as castings, metal fabricated parts and assemblies. Business Development Executive August 2013 – July 2015 A two-year contract to assist with the new product development, marketing and launch of StableArc robotic systems and products in North America.
• Assisted with the products design inceptions through to the introduction of the new products to the market.
• Created and delivered VA/VE presentations to key stakeholders at robot manufactures and large Tier One suppliers.
• Established the sales "Selling Cycle" and Cost Justification ROI documentation that are utilized throughout the entire sales process.
• Designed the StableArc Robotic Systems brochure and technical guide for the Asia and North American markets. ELCO Enterprises, Inc.: Recognized as the industry leader in MIG weld wire dispensing and weld cell support equipment. Director of Business Development & Sales Manager February 2012 – July 2013 Directed sales initiatives for seven territory managers, penetrating multi-site Large Tier One Automotive supplier accounts though out North America.
• Managed total sales of $7.3M, an increase of 18% over the previous year.
• Provided strategic and operational planning to implement plans to grow business with specific targets within each sales territory.
• Developed and trained the sales team on the entire “Selling Cycle” process.
• Secured the largest sale in company history in less than six months, 1.1M+ with Metalsa Corp. - previous highest sale was $90K. Tregaskiss & Bernard (ITW): The leading provider of robotic, semi-automatic MIG welding guns, robotic peripherals and consumables. In 2005 & 2006 - Tregaskiss was named One of Canada's 50 best Managed Companies. In May of 2007, ITW acquired Tregaskiss Ltd. Total duration of employment: Nineteen years.
Territory Manager for MI, Northern OH, Northern PA & Western NY May 1993 – January 2012 Responsible for managing and growing sales for two brands, Tregaskiss and Bernard in our largest multi-state territory.
• Grew our highest revenue market year after year by an average of 19%, total sales approximately $7.1 million dollars.
• Led the development of our company's contract document that was utilized for securing large end user and national accounts.
• Reconciled and then swiftly advanced the conversion of our largest target account in Michigan in less than three months.
• Generated detailed needs assessments for both current and target accounts and provide tactical product solutions.
• Maintained and built CRM – Salesforce records, reports, and opportunities to increase sales optimization and performance. Business Development Manager
• Secured new capital sales contracts with Robotic OEM’s, Corp Tier One Suppliers and Robotic Integrators.
• Developed customized robotic equipment and solutions packages for OEM’s, Integrators and Tier One Suppliers.
• Performed client presentations articulating the value proposition of our products, solutions, and service offerings.
• Involved with establishing the criteria required for developing future products for our company to meet future needs of customers. Strategic & National Accounts Manager
• Negotiated our highest profit margin increases in new contracts, exceeding expectations in by an average of 15% in 2004.
• Led our Sales Team for four consecutive years with target account conversions - bonus averaged 49% of salary.
• Recorded company’s largest conversion sale – one single order of 180 robotic welding torch systems to a Japanese Tier One supplier. EDUCATION
Degree in Business Advertising & Marketing Communications - St. Clair College - Windsor, ONT A three-year program with a complete educational background encompassing advertising, marketing, communication, sales promotion and media.
• Developed complete advertising and integrated marketing communications plans and programs, from the business planning stage to the final preparation of creative materials.
• The most up-to-date curriculum of any advertising program in the province of Ontario and one of the best advertising and marketing communications management programs of any school in Canada. CONTINUED EDUCATION
• Diagnostic Selling - Beyond Selling to Business Development - P.R.I.M.E. Resource Group Program
• Sales Strategies - Jim Meisenheimer
• The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People - Covey Learning Center
• How to Sell at Prices Higher Than Your Competitors - Higher Yield Management
• Dale Carnegie & The Dale Carnegie Sales Program
• Sandler Sales Training – Presidents Club
• “Tips for Maintaining GMAW Consumables” – Practical Welding Magazine. Cover Story Article for September/ October 2011
• “Total Cost of Ownership – Making an Informed Decision” - Fusion Magazine. Tregaskiss Ltd., Spring/Summer 2007.
• "Evaluating Your Purchases - Factors to Consider When Investing in A MIG Gun" Tough Gun News. Tregaskiss Ltd., Fall/Winter 2003. An article that emphasizes the importance in considering many variables during any purchase decision to ensure you are getting the best overall cost.