Responsible Chief Engineer of Facilities and Construction with 27 years of comprehensive experience leading a team of multiple contractors and subcontractors. Outstanding blueprint and design interpretation and comprehension abilities with excellent communication, budgeting and project management talents. Extensive knowledge of all construction sub trades, construction materials, and supplies.
• Reduced a $3 million operation budget by 50% over a ten-year period
• Set up safety program leading to no incidents in ten years
• Team leader in achieving lead Gold status for 100-year-old building
• Achieved an energy star of 94% by adjusting start and stop time of equipment
• Set schedule of equipment for 8 engineers that achieved no major breakdowns in ten years and saved millions of repair costs
JUNE 2019 – PRESENT
FACILITIES OPERATION MANAGER, SODEXO/ZURICH NA SCHAUMBURG
• Manage daily operations for engineering and janitorial work order system.
• Single point of contact for client and contractors working on the premises.
• Provide outstanding customer service to Zurich building occupants.
• Oversee and lead on Green initiatives for Zurich NA.
• Collaborated with David Yanda and Pat Melzer concerning daily operations. SEPTEMBER 2008- JULY 2018
CHIEF ENGINEER, JMIC CORP.
• Implemented energy efficiency budgeting that achieved 93 Energy Star rating and LEED Gold Status for a 1.8million sq. ft. high rise.
• Determined necessary steps to bring systems into compliance. Lead team of 8 engineering professionals focused on 1.8 million sq. ft. high rise.
• Independently designed and executed company catalog for infrastructure support and development.
• Aligned office departments and increased inter-department communication and data sharing.
• Consistently met deadlines and requirements for all production work orders.
• Managed firewall, network monitoring and server monitoring both on- and off-site.
• Developed work-flow charts and diagrams to ensure production team compliance with client deadlines.
• Established compatibility with third party software products by troubleshooted UNIX and Windows processing problems and applied solutions to increase company efficiency.
• Designed strategic plan for component development practices to support future projects 2
SEPTEMBER 1993-SEPTEMBER 2008
OPERATING ENGINEER, HELMSLEY SPEAR
• Assisted in the operation and maintenance in the following building systems steam with vacuum pumps, chillers, heat exchangers, frequency drive fans, domestic pumps, fire pumps and devices, fan power VAVs with electrical heat, and all plumbing for a 1.8 million square foot building.
• Operated and maintained 3 Kewaune boilers (365hp each)
• Operated and maintained a 1000-ton Worthington chiller (r12 refrigerant), 2—1000-ton Carrier chillers (R22 refrigerant), 3—1000-ton heat exchangers fed by Enwave.
• Operated and maintained 24 frequency drive at 50,000 cfms each, and 20 packages united for elevator penthouse.
• Familiar with 3 phases 480-volt, 208 volts, and 110-volt systems.
• Familiar with Automated Logic (ALC) BAS, Honeywell, and Johnston Controls systems.
• Operated DDC controls and pneumatic controls (Titus, Nailor, Honeywell, and Johnston Controls)
• Operated 24 Danfos VFD fans and 10 VFD pumps
• Maintained walk-in coolers (R22, 134a)
• Operated and maintained Maytag laundry machines
• Tested, evaluated and fixed safety systems
BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION, ST. NORBERT
• Engineering drawings/standards
• Construction management
• Cost control implementation
• Permit processing
• Subcontractor supervision
• Blueprint interpretation
• Safety procedures knowledge HVAC experience
• Fire sprinkler system testing/repair Plumbing
• Formally trained in industrial electricity
• Current member of BOMA and Local 399