**** ******* ********* ******, ******* L9T 6S8 email@example.com
Recent university graduate with a Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) in Psychology and Behavioural Sciences, a TESL/OCELT diploma, aiming to leverage academic experience, with a passion for teaching English to speakers of other languages while simultaneously being a patient and encouraging mentor.
• Native speaker of Canadian English.
• Excellent command of oral and written English
• Trilingual Written/Verbal Communication Skills- English, Arabic & French – Business Level Speaking, Reading, & Writing
• Thorough understanding of the Canadian Language Benchmarks Ability to conduct initial and ongoing assessment of course participants using PBLA
• Demonstrated capability in preparing course outlines and daily lesson plans according to student needs
• Strong computer skills and demonstrated experience incorporating technology into the ESL classroom using current ESL software and online applications
• Awareness of cultural differences
• Interpersonal skills used successfully with a diverse group of people in various working environments
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with colleagues in both an academic and professional context
TESL Diploma, Canadian College of Educators, Mississauga, Ontario (IP) TESL Ontario & TESL Canada accredited program.
Bachelor of Arts, York University, Toronto, Ontario (Aug 2019) Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) Psychology & Behavioural Sciences
• Relevant Coursework: Advanced Research Methods, Concepts in Human Health and Disease, Biological Basis of Behaviour, Neural Basis of Behaviour, Personality, Abnormal and Social Psychology
ESL Teacher Practicum, Centre for Skills and Development, Milton, Ontario
• Observation of an experienced ESL instructor
• Observation of teaching styles and teaching methodologies used in classroom
• Preparing lesson plans and teaching under supervision of instructor Itutor Group, Online Teaching (Present)
• Followed assigned lesson plans and delivered concepts and new vocabulary words
• Demonstrated course content by using role play and communicative teaching methodologies
• Maintained current and accurate records of student’s grades, attendance, and course placement
• Determined course placement for students based on courses completed and academic performance and ability
• Maintained live, weekly tutoring sessions upon request Specialized Training:
• CLB Bootcamp Certificate- Canadian Language Benchmarks References available upon request.