J Christian Faile
704-***-**** firstname.lastname@example.org linkedin.com/in/JChrisFaile Summary: Credit Executive accomplished in receivables factoring and secured lending on equipment and inventory into diverse industries
Known for resolving client financial problems while mitigating overall corporate risk Proficient in:
● Credit management
● Client retention
● Client Service
● Financial statement analysis
● Prospect analysis
● Recourse and non-recourse portfolios
2011 – 2019 SVP – Credit & Client Services, Accord Financial, Inc., Greenville, SC Provides A/R factoring, inventory financing and equipment loans up to $20MM to small and medium-sized companies in the US and Canada. TSX: ACD Monitored customer credit and developed and maintained relationships with 24 clients with funds employed ranging from $1MM to $17MM in a recourse portfolio. Reported to CEO. Led team of 4.
● Monitored and reported on the creditworthiness of 24 clients, including trend analysis on key metrics:
● Accounts receivable (A/R), inventory and accounts payable turnover trends
● Revenue and gross margin trends
● Calculated monthly client risk ratings based on current financials, projections and A/R performance. Monitored credit worthiness of clients’ debtors, including overall debtor exposure up to $10MM.
● Managed A/R advances and negotiated seasonal and temporary over-advances to clients on a case-by-case basis.
● Supervised and guided daily work activity of Client Management Teams, including collectors. Met with client service managers weekly to ensure issues were identified and resolved quickly.
● Led bi-monthly Portfolio Review Meetings discussing client collateral performance, client financial performance and other issues.
● Performed due diligence on prospects and prepared credit approval memorandums, ensuring the prospect met criteria to become a client including adequate collateral coverage and viable financial plans for repayment, contributing to no financial loss for the company.
● Developed a system to coordinate client visits based on location, relationship, owners and issues, contributing to customer service.
● Led 30-minute ‘Get to Know Our Client’ meetings for all staff, contributing to meaningful work, improved performance and lower turnover. J. Christian Faile page 2
2008 – 2011 Wholesale Credit Officer, CIT Group Commercial Services, Charlotte, NC Provides factoring and financial solutions to middle market companies throughout the US. Approved credit sales for clients with customers in the apparel, textile, plastics, electronics, packaging and bio-fuel industries.
● Investigated and collected credit sales ranging from $1K to $1MM. Gathered information directly from company controllers, banks and trade suppliers, in addition to credit reporting agencies, including Dun & Bradstreet.
● Monitored customer performance ensuring write-offs were less than benchmark.
● Maintained current credit files and monitored expiration dates on standby letters of credit, ensuring they did not expire before associated invoices were paid. 1997 – 2008 Capital Business Credit LLC, Charlotte, NC Secured lender specializing in factoring and ABL lending to middle-market companies. Now White Oak Financial LLC.
Account Executive, 2002 – 2008
Managed risk for portfolio of domestic and international clients in the furniture, textile and apparel industries.
● Monitored accounts receivable and inventory collateral.
● Resolved disputes.
● Monitored financial performance of clients; advanced funds to clients.
● Obtained documentary letters of credit for import clients.
● Led in-house training sessions for
● New employees regarding basics of factoring
● All employees annually regarding fraud detection Credit Officer, 1997 – 2002
Approved credit sales for clients with customers in the textile and furniture industries. Education: Bachelor of Science Degree in Financial Management, Clemson University, Clemson, SC Systems: Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint; AS400 Membership: International Factoring Association
Secured Finance Network
Risk Management Association
Civic Leadership: Employee Contribution Coordinator, United Way of Mecklenburg County Volunteer instructor, Junior Achievement
Advisor, Pickens County Shelter of Hope Homeless Shelter, Pickens SC