ACCOUNTANT (CBA, MAAT)
A self motivated multi skilled individual with more than 13 years’ working experience in Accounting and Auditing. Performing well under the pressure, having exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills. WORK EXPERIENCE
Senior Accounts & Audit Officer
A J Associates Chartered Accountants – Colombo, Sri Lanka / August 2018 to December 2019 Established audit firm of professional accounts of Chartered Accountants Sri Lanka. The company is certified audit firm, specializes in providing accounting, auditing and tax consulting services for various private and public sector organizations
• Preparing chart of accounts and system customization for clients.
• Establishing company policies & procedures, SOP, Manuals and formats as per organizations requirement.
• Advising to prepare ledger accounts and monitoring the works of junior staff.
• Conducting training sessions to Junior/training staff on documentation and book keeping.
• Formulating Budget, Cash flow, Cost Management reports, Management reports as per management commitments.
• Introducing and establishing internal control and Accounts Control to organizations.
• Advising and establishing compliance of clients with statutory and legal requirements.
• Communicating and resolving to the client on any accounting, audit and tax related issues.
• Performing detailed audit procedures and analytical review procedures.
• Preparing draft and final annual audit reports with tax calculations.
• Supervising Inventory verification procedure and analysis inventory reports.
Kiddy Zone Toys – UAE & Oman / April 2013 to February 2018 Qatar National Trading Group is a Group of company engaged in Toy Retail Industry Under the name of Kiddy Zone
& Space Toys. The company currently operating with 8 Stores in Qatar, 5 Stores in UAE & 1 Store in Oman.
• Introducing basic accounting and Internal controls to the company.
• Preparing audited financial statements of UAE/Oman regions.
• Posting all ledger entries and reconciliations of ledger accounts (Microsoft Dynamics Navision).
• Maintaining Account Payable. (Checking aging payable with supplier SOA, Preparing payment voucher & cheques.
• Preparing monthly salary sheets, payroll according to the labour law of UAE & Oman (transfer through WPS).
• Preparing monthly bank reconciliation of all branch account.
• Maintaining cash floats of all stores and Head Office. (Float cash, Petty cash, Daily sale cash, IOU & Gift Voucher floats)
• Performing annual inventory count for all Stores and Warehouse, preparing inventory variance reports and periodically analysis Suppliers/branch wise inventory aging reports.
• Checking daily Spot Audit of branches (checking credit card sales, cash Sales, gift voucher redeem, credit note issue/ redeem with Z reports).
• Checking daily bank merchant statements with credit card sales of branches.
Nolimit Group of Company – Dehiwala, Sri Lanka / April 2011 to April 2013 Nolimit is the Sri Lankan’s biggest fashion retail chain, currently operating around 25 stores across the island. The Company has over 2000 work force with 17 supporting departments.
• Checking internal controls of the company.
• Involving for preparing company policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Manuals, Checklist and Formats.
• Reporting audit related issues to Senior Management, through Head of Internal Audit.
• Planning and performing annual inventory verification and sample inventory Count for all Stores, Warehouse, Logistic Dept, Maintenance Dept, Construction Dept. and preparing location wise inventory variance reports
• Auditing financial accounting processes : Checking payments and receipts with bank reconciliation, Branch/Head office revenue & expenses, payable and receivables, IOU of Head office, Showrooms & Logistics Department.
• Performing branch audits of all 24 Showrooms : Performing surprise cash counting, Checking and assessing the store Security systems, Performing sample inventory verification, Checking the Records and manuals updating and other internal controls
• Fixed Asset Controlling : Checking fixed assets of all showrooms and Head office, Preparing Fixed Assets Register
(Showroom/Department wise), Allocating and pasting Barcodes for assets, Involving to Preparation Company fixed asset control Policies and procedures, updating assets movements (purchases, Transfers, disposals) in the Fixed Asset Register
• Performing audits for Purchasing Department and Warehouse : Checking the purchasing procedures, Price changes and offers updating, Products storing procedures, Branch delivery procedures, Reconciliation of branch deliveries / returns with Transfer orders (TOG)
• Performing detailed audit of Logistic, Maintenance, Constructions, Transport, Security and Marketing and IT Departments
Nesa Builders (Pvt) Ltd - Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka / 2009 September 2011 to March The company is a construction company register on The Construction Industry Development Authority,
(ICTAD), undertaking various government and private sector construction projects.
• Preparing audited annual financial statements and maintaining ledger accounts (Quick Book).
• Preparing monthly salary sheets, EPF and ETF schedules, Payee schedules.
• Preparing monthly Profit & Loss statements and Balance Sheets for all Projects.
• Reconcile monthly cash summaries and preparing bank reconciliation.
• Introducing basic accounting and internal controls to the company and to the work sites.
• Maintaining petty cash of Head Office and preparing petty cash float/reimbursement for work sites.
• Checking Tender documents, Bonds documents and BOQs.
• Maintaining inventory (updating purchase, material issues for sites/jobs, material transfers)
• Preparing material usage reports for projects/jobs and variance analyzing with BOQs.
• Filing VAT returns and NBT returns, With Holding Tax and Resolving tax Issues.
Pope & Company Chartered Accountants- Colombo - Sri Lanka June 2006 to September 2009 One of the oldest audit firm of professional accounts in Sri Lanka established in early 1900 British Chartered Accountants. The company is certified audit firm, specializes in providing accounting and auditing, tax consulting services for various private and public sector organizations.
• Performing detailed audit procedures.
• Performing analytical review procedures.
• Documenting and testing the organizations internal controls.
• Checking compliance of clients with statutory and legal requirements.
• Preparing financial statements.
• Preparing ledger accounts (Manually & Computerized).
• Communicating to the client on any accounting or audit related issues.
• Advise clients on their regulatory obligations.
• Conducting training sessions to staff on documentation, book keeping.
• Resolve accounting issues of clients.
CBA - Certified Business Accountant, CA Inter
Institute of Chartered Accountant - Sri Lanka / January 2006 to December 2009 MAAT - Member of Accountant Technicians
Association of Accountant Technicians - Sri Lanka / January 2004 to January 2006
Accounting Cost Management Internal Controls
Internal Auditing Financial Reporting Policies, SOP & Manuals External Auditing IFRS & IAS Management Reporting
Fixed Assets Control Budgeting & Forecasting Tax Planning Inventory Management Cash Management ERP Implementation
• Sound Knowledge and working experience of Quick Book, Tally, Myob
• Sound Knowledge and working experience of Microsoft Dynamics Navision ERP
• Fluency in Ms Office packages (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power point, MS Office)
• Full Name : Arfan Buhardeen
• Date of Birth : 02.08.1982
• Civil status : Married
• Nationality : Sri Lanka
• Gender : Male
• Visa Status : Transferable Visa / NOC
• Available Date : Immediate joining