Catherine Encarnacion Ordona
Blik.3 Lt.8 Sunstone Str.,Bgy. Bahay-Pare, Meycauyan, Bulacan 8000, Bulacan, Philippines
Jun 07, 1976
Christianity - Catholic
I have been working for 22.2 years
Feb 2018 - PRESENT
(1 Year, 9 Months)
staff Nurse (dental nurse)
8159, Tamir Street, Al Murooj, Between Exits 4 and 5, North Ring Road, Riyadh
- properly and strict documented information regarding the patient especially medical history of the patient and renderred and relayed to dentist.
- securing needed informed consents of the patient attached to the file before special procedures like surgical tooth removal; application of orthopaedic teeth appliance; etc.
- maintainance of sterility, septic and aseptic techniques of all disposable dental materials, dental instruments and dental apparatus needed for the dental treatment of the patient, prepared and organized in the clinic before the procedure starts to assure smooth flow of dental procedure of the patient.
- work closely with dental doctors with coordination to dental Medical Coordinator to arrange and make sure all needed materials are prepared before confirming the patient's appointment.
- guide doctors to respond to patient's appointment as well-timed as possible.
- prepare the clinic for pre-treatment infection control and set-up the correct equipment, tools and materials for all necessary dental procedures.
- ensure that all equipments is adequately disinfected after every single patient and dental instruments are decontaminated correctly and properly.
- ensure that the patient's dental record is available.
- receive patient and prepare them for the necessary dental procedure.
- ensure the client receive pre and post treatment instructions prescribed by the dentist.
- make preliminary impressions of the patient's teeth to make study cast models.
- assist on the processing of dental x-ray to diagnose a patient's dental condition to proceed with the treatment of the patient with the necessary dental procedure to be done.
- assist dentist during treatment by passing necessary dental instruments and equipments, dispense needed dental materials, aspirating and retracting if necessary.
- clear patient's mouth of saliva or dental materials used in the treatment by operating handheld suction or air and water-spraying equipment.
- coordinate with dental Medical-Coordinator and or Receptionist to ensure patient's payment responsibilities. Ensuring that all treatment provided are settled before the patient leaves the clinic.
- maintaining a patient's dental record. Making sure all necessary details are well strictly recorded on the Progress or Clinical Doctor's Notes.
- maintain the restock of dental supplies to assigned dental clinics.
- perform daily routine care and maintenance of dental equipments and instruments.
- coordinate with dental Medical-Coordinator and or Receptionists to confirm, ammend, or set new or follow-up appointments.
- report any medical care issues related to patient-Doctor to Chief Dental Assistant.
Aug 2014 - Nov 2017
(3 Years, 3 Months)
Zagzoog General Medical Clinic
Mushereefa District Falestein 70 Jeddah K.S.A.
- work with dental drs. to coordinate and assure all needed materials are prepared before confirming patients’ appointments.
- Guide drs. to respond to patients’ appointments as well-timed as possible.
- Prepare clinic for pre-treatment infection control and set-up the correct equipment, tools, and materials for all necessary dental procedures.
- Ensure that all equipments are adequately disinfected after every single patient and instruments are decontaminated correctly.
- Ensure dental records of patients are available.
- Receive patient and prepare them for the necessary dental procedure.
- Ensure that patient sign and understand necessary consent forms before any dental procedure.
- Ensure that the patient receive pre and post treatment instructions prescribed by the dentist.
- Gather the availability of impression model cast and dental x-ray of patient necessary for the dental procedure.
- Assist the dentist during the dental procedure with the needed relevant equipments, dispensing materials, aspirating and retracting if necessary.
- Clear patients’ mouth of saliva, or dental materials, used during the dental treatment by operation of handheld suction or air and water-spraying equipment.
- Assist the patient in the reception for assurance of correct billing of payments for dental procedures rendered to the patient.
- Maintaining accurate dental records of the patients, well up to date, clearly recorded and noted in the progress clinical notes of patients records.
- Maintain and restock dental supplies to the clinic.
- Perform daily routine care and maintenance of dental equipments and dental materials.
- Report any dental medical issues related to patient-Doctor for updates for further dental procedures to be performed to the patient.
- Dress professionally as per managements protocol.
- Promote effective work practices, work as a team member, that shows respect for co-workers.
Sep 2012 - Jul 2014
(1 Year, 10 Months)
Nodado General Hospital
Camarin, Caloocan City
- securing informed consents before procedure and confinement admissions.
- monitoring vital signs, ivf infusions, and health status of patient before, during and after procedures and coordinating with medical team with proper endorsements.
- correct and proper identification of patient through verbal affirmation (if applicable, if not, example patient is unconscious, can affirm identification through guardian or family companion), wrist tag/patient id band, patient file/chart. To assure correct patient receives the necessary treatment or medical procedure.
- assessing condition of patient with proper documentation in chart like vital signs and medical history to assure necessary treatment will be met.
- asserting patient's security all the time. for example providing wheelchair and/or stretcher when necessary, if patient is for example unconscious or if patient is severely weak or if elderly. Securing side rails on bed, for example if patient is under general anaesthesia and for transfer in recovery room.
- strict giving of right dose, right medication, right route of drugs, to right patient at right time, all the time per dr's. order with proper documentation and recording as well on patient's chart.
- coordinating well with other members of the health team in rendering treatment and care to the patient at all times, to assure quality care for the patient.
- securing and maintaining proper disclosure of patient file to medical team only in process of keeping patient's right to privacy. And well safeguard of patient's documents at all times.
- giving proper medication to patient at all times given the right medication, right route with rite site and right administration if im injection medications to the right patient per doctor's orders and kept well documented in patient's chart with proper timings during shifts to assure quality care of treatment of the patient.
- maintaining the safety and security of patient by wearing proper Physical Personal Equipments, like mask, gloves, goggles and gown to assure protection of the patient and as well as my protection as health care provider to my patient.
- assuring safety and security of patient by proper transport of patient using neccessary aids like wheel chairs or stretcher bed, (especially if patient is unconscious or weak or elderly). Raising up of bed siderails when necessary, example if patient is under general anaesthesia for safety of patient upon transport to recovery room after procedure done to the patient.
- rendering health education to patient regarding continuity of self-health care together with the family member; for example, informing type of diet specified for the patient, for example after just a major surgery, still patient is in soft diet until further doctor's order MUST be strictly complied by the patient. If there is attached drainage, the care of not making it wet upon going to bathroom, must be taught to patient and family member or if necessary with my assistance.
Mar 2011 - Aug 2012
(1 Year, 6 Months)
- maintenance of sterility of all disposable materials, o.r. instruments and o.r. machines to be used to the patient before, during and after o.r. procedures.
- securing signed informed consent from the patient or guardian before the o.r. procedure and the anaesthesia procedure to be done to the patient, provided everything is well explained and understood by the patient or guardian and family.
- assuring that all disposable materials, o.r. machines, operating theaters and instruments are properly functional and available before the procedure starts.
- assuring availability of updated vital signs of the patient before, during and after the procedure are well documented and endorsed, coordinated with the o.r. team.
- counting and re-counting of disposable/consumed o.r. materials, instruments before, during and after everyo.r. procedure done to the patient with proper coordination and endorsements to the medical team.
- identification of right patient based on id tag on wrist, or patient's file, verbal affirmation from the patient (if possible, eitherwise from the guardian if patient is a child or unconscious), to ensure having the right patient for the operating procedure to be done before the procedure starts.
- giving the right medication to right patient, in right route administration, before, during and after the operating procedure.
-securing the safety of patient, for example securing bed siderails
(especially if the patient is unconscious under general surgery), when transferring patient to his/her recovery room.
- proper documentation of patient's condition on patient's record sheet in the patient's chart, for example, vital signs, attached machines, if there's any attached drainage bags or catheter attached to the patient, etc., must be endorsed upon transferring the patient to recovery room or ward with proper documentation again on patient's chart to assure continuity of neccessary care to the patient.
- preserving the valuables of the patient with proper signed documentation either by the patient itself or family member to be deposited to the station before entering the operational theater room for the or procedure.
- reinforcing the patient to comply and come on follow up medical appointments after discharge as per mandated by the doctor to assure continuity of care and faster health recovery of patient as well. Apr 2010 - Jan 2011
(10 Months, 15 Hours)
Nodado General Hospital
Camarin, Caloocan City
- securing informed consents before the procedures and admission confinements.
- monitoring vital signs.
- proper giving of medications, iv fluid regulations are strictly monitored. Assertiveness of right patient, right dose, right route, right medications in treating the patient and rendering quality care.
- securing all medical informations, medical history and health status of patient at all times and coordinating results and updates to medical team with proper endorsements before, during and after the procedure or during the course of confinement of the patient.
- securing privacy of patient with proper disclosure of medical informations and documents only to the medical team for assurance of quality care of the patient and protecting their privacy.
- proper identification of patient through id wrist tag, patient's file and verbal confirmation from patient him/herself (if possible) eitherwise through guardian or family.
- maintaining a well-ventilated room for the patient and well secured accomodation of the patient through proper bed side rails, proper lightings, and/or availability of wheel chairs when neccasy for patient care.
- upon discharge, giving health education and medical instructions, repeating to the patient and guardian/family per doctors order the home continuity care for further health condition betterment after confinement or e.r. treatment.
- proper dress code at work upon managements' protocol along with proper physical protective equipments to be used upon handling patients, like gloves, masks and gown.
- proper professional behavior practices at all times with colleagues, doctors and patients at work.
- rendering health education to patient and family upon discharge to assure continuity of health care at home.
- reinforcing and explaining to patient and family the importance of compliance to attend follow up appointments of the patient after discharge to maintain further health recovery.
- teaching and guiding patient and family about home medications to be taken at home with proper instructions about dossage and frequency of taking of the medication per day per doctor's order and prescription. Mar 2004 - Mar 2010
(6 Years, 4 Weeks)
Menbar Al Huda Dispensary
Al Hassa, Hofuf, Railway Station Str.
- maintenance of sterility of all dental equipments. For assurance of quality care to patient and prevent infection and cross-contaminations.
- assisting dental doctors well with proper dental assistance skills to maintain quality care provided to the patient.
- completing all needed dental materials, apparatus and instruments needed by the dentist for the patient before procedure.
- proper cleaning and handling of dental instruments, materials and dental apparatus before, during and after procedure is kept for quality care to patient and satisfaction of dentist as good working raport together.
- maintaining a well documented chart of patient to assure quality dental care are renderred to the patient.
- securing necessary consents from the patient for necessary dental procedures example orthodontic treatment for dental orthodontic braces, before treatment starts but provided the patient is well informed regarding the procedures.
- assisting the dentist by handling proper dental instruments, preparing the necessary dental equipments, needed during the dental procedure to every dental patients.
- assisting the patient in the reception with coordination to the receptionist and dental dr. regarding dental procedure fees to be paid by the patient after every dental treatment and in arranging with next dental appointments of the patient to assure quality service and dental care to the patient.
- assisting the patient in the reception area after proper coordination with the doctor about sum of fees to be paid by the patient upon the renderred dental service and relayed to the receptionist.
- assisting the patient to arrange the next dental appointment for next visit after coordinating with the dental dr. and agreed upon by the patient to be arranged by the receptionist upon relaying it properly to assure quality service to the patient.
- reinforcing to patient about importance of dental hygiene after dental procedure discharge to assure continuity of dental care of the patient.
- assisting patient with proper protective gear like wearing led apron if panoramic or PA xrays are to be taken necessary for the dental procedure, after explaining ofcourse again what it is for as per explained initially by the dental dr.
- protecting the safety of the patient by wearing at all times (disposable after every patient) Personal Protective Equipments (PPE's), like disposable gloves, masks and gowns during every dental procedure after every dental patients, as well as protection healthwise also for myself as a health care nurse provider.
- reinforcing patient to comply with next dental visit appointments to assure continuity of dental care of the patient.
Jul 2002 - Jan 2004
(1 Year, 7 Months)
Nodado General Hospital
Camarin, Caloocan City
- securing informed consent from the patient before the procedures and confinement admission provided everything is well explained to the patient and family and well understood.
- securing all necessary information regarding the patient like basic informations, medical history, all which is needed to provide quality treatment and care for the patient. And maintaining proper disclosure securing patients privacy. Coordinating only with the medical team.
- documenting all medical informations of the patient like vital signs, medications, referrals, intake and output, diet, etc., together with coordination with the medical team especially the attending physician or specialist.
- proper giving of medications, iv fluid regulations, and other special medical needs of the patient per doctors order are strictly rendered and monitored with proper endorsement to colleagues before, during and after every endorsement during shifts.
- maintaining safety and security of patient at all times, ex. safety bed rails, properly locked wheel chairs, etc. to assure quality safety of patient.
- maintaining sterile, septic and aseptic techniques when handling and caring of patient. Example, wearing proper PPEs, example masks, gowns, goggles and gloves.
- observing and providing safety and security of patient at all times. Example, provision of wheel chair or stretcher bed siderails, if patient is severely weak or elderly and/or unconscious.
- maintaining and securing the patient's right to privacy during render of treatment and care; for example, during examination/and or procedure, securing curtains to protect privacy. Discrete disclosure of patient's medical information ONLY to medical team in rendering medical treatment, medical procedures and laboratory results.
- assessing patient's conditions at all times. For example his/her fluid and electrolytes condition through fluid intakes and output, vital signs monitoring, appearance and amount of fluid drainages (if applicable only), and properly documenting and endorsing it to medical team to assure quality care renderred to the patient.
- giving, providing of right medication, right injection of medication at right route, right dose, right administration, to right patient at all times per dr's. order and strictly well documented on patient's chart for assured quality care renderred to patients.
- educating patient and family member and or guardian upon discharge regarding continuity of care at home to assure quality of care at home of the patient after discharge.
Apr 1997 - May 2002
(5 Years, 1 Month)
San Lorenzo Hospital
Deparo, Caloocan City Philippines
- coordinate with the patient with her/his treatment plan with proper information before, during and after the medical procedure to be done.
- provide informed consent from the patient before the medical procedure which are properly understood and signed; Provided all the medical informations to expect after the procedure is well taught and explained to the patient and their family.
- secure all the medical documents of the patient well and maintaining privacy handling it.
- coordinate well with the medical team regarding the quality treatment of the patient before, during and after the procedure.
- maintenance and proper handling, septic and aseptic, sterile technique of instrument, apparatus and disposable materials to be used to the patient before, during and after the procedure must be in outmost quality standard.
- proper endorsement of patient to colleagues before, during and after medical procedure done. Example, monitored vital signs, present health status of patient, special apparatus used to the patient, etc. Endorsed well for continuity of quality care to the patient.
- Securing the safety and security of patient before, during and after the procedure; Example, safety bed rails, well-ventilated room, proper lighting, etc. to ensure further quality care of the patient
- proper giving of medications,to the right patient, with right dose, right administration if im injections, right site, right medication and to the right patient at all times per doctor's orders and kept well documented in patient's file records.
- rendering health education to patient and family members before patient discharge regarding continuity of health care at home; for example the patient's diet if hypertensive, must maintain a low salt, low fat diet. And drinking of home medication as per prescribed schedule by doctor must be solemnly done to assure more faster recovery of patient's wellness after discharge.
- reinforcing to the patient and the family member the importance of complying with follow up appointments to the doctor after discharge to assure further medical treatment and much further faster recovery of the patient.
- protecting safety of health of patient by wearing necessary Personal Protective Equipment (PPE's) at all times at every patient, disposable ones, to prevent cross contamination and spreading of in fections. PPE's like disposable masks, gowns, gloves and wearing of goggles for the eyes if required to assure quality care to patient. and me as well as a health care provider.
Jun 1993 - Jun 1997 Manila Central University
Bachelor's / College Degree
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Jun 1991 - Jun 1993 Holy Child Academy
High School Diploma
Licenses / Certifications
May 10, 1997 Registered Nurse
Passport ID Number: P0150516B
Place of Issue: Philippine Embassy - Riyadh
Date of Expiration: Jan 07, 2029
NBI Clearance ID Number: O635FCGE67-MA28302901
Date of Expiration: Feb 21, 2019
Trainings / Seminars
Feb 25, 2016 - Feb 28, 2016 Basic Life Support Health Care Provider Dr. Huda Shali Al Jedani (Director of CPR)
IBN Sina College BLS Training Center Gulil Dist.,Al Mahjar Str.,North Side of King Abdul Aziz Hosp. P.O.Box 31906 JEDDAH 21418 Jul 14, 2011 - Jul 14, 2011 Certification on Advance Cardiac Life Support Provider Mr. Marlon G. Carreon (Instructor, Coordinator Life Support Training Center Saudi Heart Association)
Mouwasat Hospital - Dammam
May 21, 2011 - May 26, 2011 JCI Awareness Course
Dr. Eman Darwish
Mouwasat Hospital - Dammam Auditorium
May 11, 2011 - May 11, 2011 Management of STEMI
Chief Nurse Ms. Emma Hasssan Ali Bayoumi
Mouwasat Hospital, Dammam Auditorium
Apr 28, 2011 - Apr 28, 2011 Cardiac CT: Clinical Applications in CAD Dr. Ahmed Fathy, MD, FACC
Sheraton - Dammam
Apr 27, 2011 - Apr 27, 2011 Environment of Care and Patient Safety Symposium Dr. Ashraf El Khalifa
Mouwasat Hospital - Qatif
Apr 17, 2011 - Apr 17, 2011 Certificate of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Salomi Soundade (Instructor)
Mouwasat Hospital - Dammam
Apr 08, 2011 - Dec 08, 2011 Scientific Program for Series of Lectures Dr. Nezar Al Noaman
Mouwasat Hospital - Dammam
Apr 04, 2011 - Apr 04, 2011 Pre Post Partum Care Symposium Dr. Ashraf El Khalifa
Mouwasat Hospital Qatif
Jan 13, 2011 - Oct 13, 2012 Scientific Program for Series of Lectures Dr. Alaa Al Salawy
Mouwasat Hospital - Dammam
Skills operate medical equipments with lower supervisions needed Languages english and arabic
Reham Sibayan Head Nurse
Zagzoog Medical Clinic
Eva A. Flora Senior Nurse
Zagzoog Medical Clinic