SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
* Department of Defense Inactive Secret Clearance
* Experience using ASME Y14 Series, Technical Writer/Editor (MIL-STD-961/40051), Configuration Manager, Pro Engineer, AutoCad, MS Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Outlook. Positions include Design Engineer, Draftsman, Design Quality Checker, Document Control, and Liaison Engineer.
* Experience in Design Review, Military Standards, drafting, ICD/SCD, change management, HVAC, Multi-tasking problem solving, development of design packages, PDR/CDR, and developing specifications.
* Deadline oriented, well organized with excellent communication/interpersonal and analytical skills, and team building. Experience with supervision and civil construction projects identifying design errors, omissions, deficiencies, and recommending improvements/revisions to designs.
* Awarded US Army Commendation Medal.
Yulista, Huntsville, Alabama 10/2019 – 12/2019
Mechanical Design Engineer
Review helicopter design drawings, resolve technical issues, participate in reviews and analyze data. On assignment via Apex Systems.
Resource Tek, Huntsville, Alabama 8/2017 -9/2017
Document Control Specialist
On assignment at Adtran. Review and update engineering files permitting accounts receivable to be paid.
Polaris Industries, Huntsville, Alabama 10/2016 – 12/2016
Review, prioritize and track Engineering Changes identifying critical and non-critical items. Maintain statistics of change orders to identify design review process. On assignment via Aerotek.
Boeing, Huntsville, Alabama 11/2015 – 4/2016
Information Technology Engineer (Tech Writer)
Collect and document requirements of the Company Product Standards Office, including material and process specifications and part standards. Interface with the Information Technology organization for systems development and implementation using Arbortext and MS Word to include: XML authoring and publishing, PDF delivery, and Product Data Management and CAD model selection. Implement corrective and preventive action plans. On assignment via CTS.
Lockheed Martin, Huntsville Alabama 8/2010 – 11/2013
Design Engineering Checker
Preform drawing checks for mechanical, electrical, and/or electro- mechanical hardware designs, drawings, change notices, parts list, and assemblies for the Missile Defense Agency using Pro Engineer and AutoCad. Review/analyze verify and validate Cable Harness, Specifications, Schematics, Wire List, and Assemblies, for completeness, conformity to Material and Process (M&P) standards, procedures, accuracy of dimensioning (ASME Y14.5; GD&T), company standards, and Military Standards. Verified Cable Harness application, termination, soldering, crimping, etc. Support M&P and Parts control boards, new drawing reviews and processes as required. Identify design errors, and deficiencies recommending revisions and/or improvements in design.
Lockheed Martin, New Orleans Louisiana 1/2007 – 7/2010
Design Engineer Checker
Attend Design Meetings, and support investigations pertinent to design factors and contractual specification requirements and cost on the Space Shuttle and ORION program for NASA. Review/analyze, comment, and validate design drawings, specifications, and technical information for completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, and accuracy of calculations and dimensioning. Identify design errors, omissions, and other deficiencies, and recommend revisions and/or improvements in design. Working knowledge of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) practices and processes.
Boeing, St. Louis, Missouri 11/2004 – 1/2007
Product Support Technical Specialist (Tech Writer)
QC of technical manuals (paper and Electronic) of aircraft avionics and technical data for the F-15, F-18, AV8, C-17, and other aircraft. Evaluate validity and effect of requested changes, IPB, and other documentation, research engineering drawings and provide analysis of manuals, circuit diagrams and troubleshoot and system checkout procedures for tactical aircraft maintenance. Knowledge and experience Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETMs).
Anheuser-Busch, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 7/2003 – 10/2004
Quality Control for transfer of 100 year old drawings to an electronic format. Tabulate bid summaries for construction projects. Coordinate with customers/contractors as required. Edit and maintain documents in MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Outlook, and Adobe Writer. Maintain meeting minutes.
Bausch & Lomb Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 1/2003 – 2/2003
Prepare QA/QC documents prior to company relocating to Virginia. Wrote Installation and Qualification procedures and criteria to correctly reinstall Distribution Center's equipment from St. Louis, Missouri to Lynchburg, Virginia. Analyzed, created, and updated existing procedures to assist the Lynchburg facility to enter information into the material tracking system for receiving and shipping of supplies from vendors and to customers.
Stone & Webster, Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 5/1999 – 10/2002
Document Control Technical Editor/Writer
Organized Document Control and release of construction work plans, and specifications. Deadline oriented Editor required comprehension with various department subject matter experts and customer requirements.
* Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills. Multi-tasked and coordinated with management, and various work force levels such as, Project Manager, Safety, Radiation, Quality, Union personnel, Engineering, Procurement, Compliance, Drafting, and Configuration Management.
* Utilized MS office, Acrobat Writer, and Internet research, for environmental/chemical Work Plans, Health, Safety & Environment Plan, SOP manuals, an Emergency Manual, and related documents for government documentation and procurement for the United States Army Corps of Engineers.
* Rewrote and established Standard Operating Procedures formats for consistency.
* Established Adobe PDF library files on Project Network of reports, plans, and publications from ASTM, ASME, ANSI, CFR's, OSHA, EPA, DOE, and other agencies.
* Established document control of project generated reports, plans, etc. to maintain the integrity of the project history. Knowledge of MIL-STD-961.
Boeing, St. Louis, Missouri 11/1993 – 12/1998
Design Quality Checker
*Checked/analyzed C-17 Ramp Redesign for completeness and accuracy saving over $1 Million in production cost.
* Reviewed and analyzed structural design drawings of US Air Force and Navy fighter and cargo planes.
* Verified computer generated drawings versus manually drawn design drawings. Reviewed Engineering Change Orders prior to release verifying their accuracy and conformance to standards.
* Perform Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) fit checks of detailed and assembly designs.
* Reviewed Engineering Change Request to assure technical accuracy and thoroughness. Resolved discrepancies with cognizant individuals and groups.
* Engineering documents were reviewed for efficiency, completeness, clarity, accuracy, materials and processes, standards/specifications and practicability of fabrication, assembly, and installation.
Scott Air Force Base, Belleville, Illinois 1/1991 – 11/1993
Directed effort of structural, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, etc. facility construction and renovation.
* Developed, cost estimates, bill of materials, and labor costs for construction methods and equipment. Required knowledge of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Uniform Building Code (UBC). Worked with union, military, and civilian personnel, coordinating efforts and solutions on construction sites with subcontractors and vendors. Prepare drawings via AutoCad.
* Required hands-on experience with electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and other facets of the construction industry. Wrote Statements of Work to coordinate contracts to subcontractors.
* Required technical writing skills for project specifications and statement of work.
McDonnell Aircraft Company, St. Louis, Missouri 3/1990 – 1/1991
Developed Standard Operating Procedures and documentation manual via coordination with design groups to transition product from design to manufacturing.
Electronics & Space Corp., St. Louis, Missouri 4/1979 – 3/1990
Configuration Manager 1986 - 1990
Directed efforts of several employees to ensure accurate data entry and release of new and changed engineering documentation. Required knowledge of engineering and drafting skills plus government, industry, and ASME/ANSI standards. Worked closely with multiple management levels to affect long range plans. Required technical writing and oral communication skills.
* Provided interpretation and technical support for Swedish drawings using metrics and Dutch Projection. Organized and computerized a report to identify part number to drawing number.
* Supervised the organization and administration of six international programs simultaneously resulting in high profit and winning of a technology award.
*Monitored engineering for adherence to contract requirements. Assured design enhancements did not alter or affect replacement parts thereby assuring continuity of worldwide spares.
* Standardized management plans for ease of comparing differences between contracts.
* Wrote configuration management proposal for the mobile radar system security/defense for 1988 South Korean Olympics, resulting in contract award.
* Prepared agenda and orchestrated Configuration Control Board.
* Computerized licensee drawing release resulting in distribution prior to manufacturing receiving notice of availability of the drawings.
Liaison Engineer and Design Quality Checker 1979 -1986
Provided analytical liaison between manufacturing, quality assurance, and engineering coordinating product design prior to manufacturing release.
* Reviewed and prepared engineering change notices for hardware and Cable Harnesses. Knowledge of quality and manufacturing shop practice was required.
* Ensured schedule continuity via engineering change orders resulting in no lost time for production.
* Authored a report detailing modifications to printed circuit boards permitting incorporation of multiple changes prior to design finalization.
* Reviewed/Analyzed drawings on sheet metal, castings, wirings and assemblies, prior to production, verifying producibility to be within company standards, contract requirements, and ASME Y14.5 thereby reducing manufacturing errors.
* Working knowledge of Interface Control Drawings (ICD), Specification/Source Control Drawings (SCD).
* Coordinated efforts with customer representative on delivery of technical data package.
* Analyzed prototype components for documentation (reverse engineering).
* Implemented format for technical documents resulting in customer acceptance on the first submittal.
* Engineering drawings and related documents were reviewed for efficiency, completeness, clarity, accuracy, materials and processes, design/drafting standards/specifications and practicability of fabrication, assembly, and installation to drawing Level II and Level III per military standards.
BTME, Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri (GPA: 3.14)
Working Knowledge of Calipers and Micrometers
Working knowledge of ASME, API, and AWWA codes, National Electrical and Plumbing Codes