Gemma C Guerrero
Belmont, CA ****2
Sales, Marketing and Operations
• Over 10 years of increasingly responsible positions in management, sales and operations within the hospitality industry.
• Areas of expertise include all aspects of administrative and customer support with an emphasis on revenue, scheduling, business development, event coordination, sales budgets, P&L statements and customer service.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and mentor teams to achieve company goals and objectives.
• Interface well with diverse groups including senior managers, staff, vendors, and customers
• Able to prioritize tasks and meet project deadlines on time and within budget
• Extremely well organized and detail oriented
• Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to provide effective solutions
• Work well both independently or in a team environment, maintains all account management
• International travel and living experience in Asia and the Middle East
• Proficient in conversational and written Tagalog and familiar with Arabic
• Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Delphi, and Opera software programs Work Experience
Corporate Sales Manager
Crowne Plaza Hotel- Foster City - Foster City, CA
March 2018 to Present
• Designs and implements new programs and campaign to develop additional sales from various market segments to capture key demographics.
• Makes face to face sales calls and cold calls.
• Ensures fast and systematic servicing to all business accounts.
• Continuously develop new business and maintain existing high technology corporate, banking and pharmaceutical accounts.
• Worked closely with Revenue and Sales Director to strategies and maximize in occupancy and rates drive and exceed budget expectations.
• Consistently met and exceed quarterly sales quotes through outstanding customer service and revenue driven strategy.
• attained the highest number of selling profitable to the Hotel for 2018. Community Manager
Manor Association Inc. - Redwood City, CA
August 2017 to March 2018
• Responsible for supporting the association in implementing the lawful decisions of the Board of Directors.
• provides support to the Board and Community Managers in developing and implementing short and long term objectives.
• proactively implementing policy and maintenance programs consistent with Board's strategic and operational objectives.
• Oversee and managed over 50 properties in the Bay Area Group Sales Manager
HEI Hotels & Resorts - Redwood City, CA
August 2016 to August 2017
• Collaboratively work with Revenue Management and Sales efforts of the Hotel.
• Maintain existing business clientele relationship while ensuring profitability for the Hotel and quality service for the guests.
• In charge of the Revenue/Sales/Catering department regarding all room blocks and groups for the hotel.
• Complete displacement analysis for the group inventory and assist contracted guests with questions, changes and special request.
Supervisor, Customer Service - Client Information Specialist Four Seasons - Palo Alto, CA
February 2008 to March 2016
• Facilitate VIP daily presentation
• Communicate with other departments to ensure guest recognition policies are followed
• Audit all corporate reservations, according to data privacy standards
• Train and ensure certification in proper data handling procedures
• Review daily arrivals, VIP's, special requests, group needs, room assignments and coordinated with other departments
• Resolve customer complaints, handle all guests’ interactions with the highest level of hospitality and professionalism, accommodate special requests
• Manage and oversee customer service representative's daily reports and activities
• Manage scheduling, hire and train customer service representatives
• Resolve customer complaints and issues, delegate tasks and monitors team's performance. Office Operations Manager
AVEN FASHION, INC - Manila, AR
1997 to 2000
• Managed all aspects of office operations for family fashion business
• Handled all office functions including accounting and payroll
• Maintained office staff by recruiting and training employees
• Maintained professional and technical knowledge by attending workshops and seminars
• Tracked budget expenses
• Maintained office by organizing office operations and procedures
• Prepared payroll
Bachelor of Science in Hotel and Restaurant Management- ST. PAUL COLLEGE - Quezon City -1995 Microsoft Office (8 years), Customer Support (10+ years), Customer Relations, Customer Relations
(10+ years), Sales, Account Management (9 years), Data Entry, MS Office, Salesforce (4 years), Cold Calling (5 years) Links: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gemma-g-karam-7b82a885