Chih-Hsun Lee (Serena)
M.S. in Chemical and Materials Engineering
Focusing on battery-related research/development
- Wayne State University (WSU), Detroit, MI. 2019.8 - Now
• M.S. in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science
- Chang Gung University (CGU), Taoyuan City, Taiwan. 2016.9 - 2018.8
• M.S. in Chemical and Materials Engineering
- TaTung University (TTU), Taipei City, Taiwan. 2012.9 - 2016.6
• B.S. in Chemical and Materials Engineering
I am a Chinese, from Taiwan, living in the US, and I believe it is an advantage to be a cross-culture and cross-language candidate, especially in this highly globalized world, with China being a huge potential market and the impressive R&D progress being made in Taiwan and US. I enjoy challenges and I care about details; diligent, enthusiastic, organized and self-initiative are my tags. Up to now, I have 5 years of experience as a research assistant in the laboratory. By working on different projects in the lab, I got very familiar with different processes and skills to develop materials such as coating, sputtering, electroplating, etc. Also I have built up my knowledge and experience of different kinds of experiment process and equipment. I’m interesting in every new challenge. I believe every new experience can help me to get a lot of personal growth.
- Research Assistant, Alternative Energy Lab, WSU. 2019.5 – NOW
• Synthesized solid state electrolyte using P2S5-Li2S.
• Improved electrochemical performance of Li-S battery by adding Zn additive and Cu additive into the electrolyte.
• Used the method of tape casting to make the sulfur cathode on a Li-S battery.
- Research Assistant, Ceramic Lab, CGU 2016.9-2018.6
• Topic: “Surface modification of sol-gel derived conductive lithium ion conducting membranes of lithium aluminum titanium phosphates and their applications in hybrid electrolyte lithium-air batteries”.
• Lithium Ion Conducting Membranes (LICMs) with high ion conductivity was prepared with a tape casting to block the reaction of aqueous electrolytes with lithium metal.
• A thin film of material was sputtered on the LICMs to prevent the LICMs reacting with the lithium.
• Used SEM, XRD and EDS to examine structure and morphology of LICM and LiPON thin film, and analyzed impedance using EIS.
• Used ICP and XPS to analyze target ingredient and film ingredient.
- Undergraduate Researcher, Interface Electrochemistry, TTU 2014.9 - 2016.2
• Topic: “Deposition of molybdenum sulfur on conductive glass by electroplating as a counter electrode for dye- sensitized solar cell (DSSC)”.
• Aimed to discover replacement for Pt in counter electrode.
• Prepared MoS on conductive glass by electroplating in two steps.
• Applied SEM to examine surface, using Raman and EDS to analyze ingredient.
• Measured related parameters and calculated photovoltaic conversion efficiency.
- Department of Chemical Engineering Senior Project Contest - Honorable Mention Working Experiences
- Student Administrative Assistant, Housing department, Wayne State University, WSU. 2019.5 - NOW
- Teaching Assistant, Chemical and organic, Chang Gung University, CGU. 2016.9 - 2018.6
- Activities Director/Event Organizer, Department of Chemical Engineering, TTU. 2013.9 - 2014.2
- Instrument operation: XRD, SEM, EDS, EIS, ICP, HPLC, Auto-lab, ZATASIZER, Four-point probe, Sputter.
- Computer programming languages: C++, python, Matlab.
- Computer program: Origin, Zview, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), ASPEN. Leadership
- Director, Goodwill ambassador, Association of Campus Ambassador, TTU. 2014.9 - 2016.2
- Director, Community service club, TTU. 2014.9 - 2015.9 About Me