Phone: (437) 995 - 2934
Doctor of Pharmacy- First Class Distinction [2010 – 2016] Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences (AIMS), Kerala, India Bachelor of Science Candidate in Integrated Biology & Organic Chemistry [2007 – 2009] University of Toronto- Toronto, ON
LICENSING AND CERTIFICATIONS
Registered Pharmacist from the Ontario College of Pharmacists - #625853  First Aid and CPR – Level HCP Certification from Canadian Red Cross  Naloxone Administration and Distribution Certification from OPA  Smoking Cessation Certification from Pear Health Solutions  Cannabis and Patient Care in Pharmacy Certification from PharmAchieve  RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Shoppers Drug Mart-
Store Number: 501, 826, 931 Toronto, ON [2019 – Present]
● Working proficiently and professionally within a fast paced environment using Healthwatch to provide exceptional care to customers explaining their medications in depth regarding safety, cost, administration and utilizing their benefit plans.
● Engaging in typical duties including counselling customers with medications and OTC products, preparing blister packages, speaking with other Health Care Practitioners such as family medicine practices to ensure correct medication use and fidelity and much more.
● Preparing and dispensing compounded medications including sterile and non-sterile admixtures following standard operating procedures.
● Collaborating with all staff members, including technicians, assistants, administrative staff and others to provide diligent and holistic patient centered care. Tuxedo Drug Mart-
42 Tuxedo Court, Scarborough, ON [2019 – Present]
● Preparing and dispensing Methadone and Suboxone, conducting Meds-check for customers, offering pharmaceutical consultation in addition to regular pharmacy duties using Fillware computer software.
● Maintaining friendly and professional communication with recurrent and new customers of diverse backgrounds and ethnicities ensuring their questions are answered clearly.
● Administrating immunizations while educating patients regarding the importance of immunization and their effects.
MediOne Physicians Family Medicine and Walk-In Pharmacy- 100 Steeles Avenue West, Thornhill, ON [December 2019]
● Managing and operating an independent pharmacy connected to family medicine practice controlling patient flow using Kroll computer software without pharmaceutical aides.
● Effectively communicating with the family medicine physician and staff regarding medication queries to optimize patient centered care.
RELEVANT ACADEMIC AND CLINICAL EXPERIENCE
Clinical Pharmacy Student-
Amrita Institute of Medical Sciences, Kerala, India [2014 – 2016]
● Completed enriching placements in areas such as Head & Neck Oncology and Surgery, Nephrology, Endocrinology, Paediatric Neurology, and Antibiotic Stewardship programs.
● Performed ward rounds, conducting medication histories, analyzing patient laboratory results, preparing healthcare plans and presenting to preceptors.
● Counselled patients on initializing novel therapies including Warfarin, insulin, antibiotics, etc.
● Monitored patient parameters and therapy suggesting dose modifications and alterations to medications and treatment.
● Conducted a research project on DUE of Colistin in a tertiary care hospital
● Published review articles, case reports and research papers in various national and international journals.
Clinical Pharmacy Observer-
North York General Hospital, North York, ON [December 2016]
● Observed various roles and daily duties of hospital pharmacists comparing drug distribution processes including ward stocks and unit-dose dispensing.
● Reviewed patient charts and labs for geriatric inpatients and discussed clinical findings with the pharmacist.
In-Patient Pharmacy Volunteer-
North York General Hospital, North York, ON [2017 – 2019]
● Supported various medical departments by engaging in projects developing guidelines for hospital use (including cannabis and antibiotics) and conducting literature reviews EXTRACURRICULAR AND VOLUNTEER ACTITIVIES
Pharmacy Assistant Volunteer, West Hill Medical Pharmacy [2016 – 2019] Student Coordinator for Social and Health Awareness programs, AIMS [2014 – 2015] Student Coordinator of Amrita Drug Intelligence Newsletter, AIMS [2014 – 2015] Pharmacy Volunteer for Medical Camp programs, AIMS [2012 – 2016] Student Coordinator for Pharmacy Arts Festival, AIMS [2010 – 2016] Pharmacy Cricket Captain, AIMS [2010 – 2016]
Shoppers Drug Mart
T: (416) 431 - 4822
Operations & Logistics
North York General Hospital
T: (416) 756 - 6100
West Hill Medical Pharmacy