MEDICAL ASSISTANT CERTIFIED
Winter Park, FL 32792
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
Front and Back office assistant
2012 to Present
In home care provided for clients with Alzheimer's, Down's syndrome, COPD, Parkinson's, stroke, physical disabilities, eating disorders, HBP, UTI, cognitive impairment and wound care. Samuel Edwards, M.D. Front and Back office assistant 1 year
• Demonstrated proficiency with obtaining patient medical history and vital signs.
• Performed venipunctures, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests.
• Assisted patients with completion of various forms. Florida Psychiatric Office Front and Back office assistant 2 years
• Performed patient scheduling, data entry and medical records management.
• Obtained patient medical history and vital signs.
• Assisted to implement the practice's quality assurance and control program for compliance with HIPAA, CLIA and OSHA regulations.
• Communicated with physician offices, hospitals and pharmacies regarding reports, medications and lab requests.
MEDICAL ASSISTANT DIPLOMA/ CCMA THROUGH AAMA CERTIFIED Career Training Institute - Longwood, FL
December 1997 to December 2019
30 credits towards my nursing degree/also High school diploma Seminole State College - Sanford, FL
May 2010 to September 2012
CNA CERTIFIED/REGISTERED IN THE STATE OF FL in BLS, CPR, HIV OSHA HIPPA CLIA DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, PSYCHOLOGY
FIRST CLASS SCHOOL - Winter Park, FL
March 2011 to May 2011
• Strong interpersonal skills and organizational abilities demonstrated in retail, banking and customer service positions.
• Extremely efficient in obtaining patient vitals, performing injections and venipunctures.
• Reacting calmly and efficiently in emergency situations while adding the personal and caring touch that immediately puts the individual at ease.
• Back Office
• Front Office
• BANKING EXPERIENCE 4 YEARS