Ishita Virendra Joshi
M.S., Information Management, Syracuse University Dec 2020 Coursework: Business Analysis, Data analysis and decision making, Database Management, Data Visualization Nanodegree Udacity (Data Analysis)/Coursera (AI for Everyone) May 2019/Sep 2019 Coursework: Investigate a dataset, Analyze Experiment results, Data wrangling and visualization B.Ed., Psychology, B.A. English Literature, University of Mumbai May 2015 PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
Research Assistant, Syracuse University, Syracuse Jan 2019 – Present
• Developing a user-centered study to investigate user motivations for using digital detox apps that will draw on ethnography, surveys, structured interviews and participatory design sessions. Performed analysis on technology apps aimed to support user control of technology (e.g., digital detox, mindfulness, addiction).
• Identified use cases for Livesafe (technology-driven safety app) by designing surveys, interviewing users and analyzing user behavior data.
Business Analyst Intern, Genpact, Bangalore May 2019 - Jul 2019
• Evaluated business opportunities on Genpact Market Watch (GMW) – a sales solution tool that helps sales team (sellers) identify potential right leads (clients) which would result in 10% of additional product/tool usage that leads to better sales.
• Presented recommendations across the Product and Sales team by conducting competitive analysis, seller’s behavior and usage metric analysis of product offering which helped determine product roadmap to drive seller engagement.
• Used statistical research to determine if correlations exist in sales metrics and product interactions to identify opportunities.
• Assisted senior leadership for weekly business review to understand effectiveness of product by measuring adoption of GMW through creating advanced visualization using dashboards and reports on Tableau and Power BI which increased efficiency. Product Analyst, Playerzpot.com, (Indian Startup Online Fantasy Sports League), Mumbai Aug 2017- Sep 2018
• Improved customer retention rate by 5% via focusing on playing experience and being mobile-first.
• Utilized web analysis tools, customer feedback and primary/secondary research to develop an integrated view of customer to understand engagement trends that led to product enhancements thereby increasing traffic and playing time by 20%.
• Managed the weekly forecast for user mobile engagement metrics, determine product initiative contribution and set annual targets for core engagement metrics to determine product success criteria and improvements. Head of Languages and digital transformation, Academic institutes, Mumbai May 2014 - Jan 2019
• Led requirements for web interface examination management system called ‘dpga’ that replaced paper-based assessments which increased operational grading efficiency by 25%.
• Contributed to increase in batch size by 17% by performing student behavior analysis on student learning initiatives.
• Led a team of 15 to receive affiliation with IB which increased student applications by 25% hence led to learning outcomes. ACADEMIC PROJECTS
• Investigated important features from IMBD movie dataset (Nanodegree) and performed inferential statistics to relate the findings using python libraries like Numpy, Pandas and used Matplotlib to produce plots showing my findings.
• Performed analysis to understand the results of an A/B test run by an e-commerce website (Nanodegree dataset).
• Passenger Satisfaction Analysis for Airline dataset used predictive modelling like Linear Regression, Association Rules to improve passenger satisfaction.
TECHNOLOGIES AND SKILLS
• Languages: SQL, R (ggplot2, dplyr), Python (Numpy, Pandas, Matplotlib), Excel(forecasting, power pivot, power view, solver)
• Tools: MS SQL Server, Git, Jupyter Notebook, Rstudio, Excel, Google Analytics, Tableau, Access (queries).
• Techniques: Correlation, Linear, Logistic Regression, Decision Trees, Principal Component Analysis, Clustering, Hypothesis Testing, A/B testing, Heatmaps, Data Visualization, Multivariate Analysis PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATES
• Data Analyst Nanodegree used Python, SQL and statistics to uncover insights to create data-driven solutions.
• AI for Everyone grasped the concepts on common AI terminology, machine learning, deep learning, and data science.
• Metrics for Product Managers concepts on key success metrics of a product to benchmark and measure performance. Frameworks: HEART, SMART and ARRR. Analyzed different frameworks one different data sets as a part of learning.