Barry L. Kirby- C: 810-***-****
BARRY L. KIRBY
email@example.com C: 810-***-**** Grand Blanc, MI 48439 Summary Resourceful and efficient Regional Fleet Manager with over 10 years of experience developing strong leadership and relationship-building skills that support high levels of productivity. Managing a multi-state region with over 700 plus units to optimize fleet utilization. Developed and maintained vendor relations. Scheduled all maintenance repairs to implement efficiency and to meet DOT FMCSA regulations.
• Vendor management
• Safety protocol
• Cost control and tracking
• Vehicle inspections
• Government regulatory requirements
• MS Office suite
• Fleet monitoring
• Inspection and quality assurance
• Vendor relationships
• Vendor invoicing
• Supply ordering
• Territory growth
• Safety and compliance
• File/records maintenance
Experience INFRASOURCE Ann Arbor, MI
08/2010 - 01/2020
• Identified gaps and opportunities for improvements and implemented corrective action to maintain optimal fleet performance.
• Sustained safety protocols, ensuring proper and cost-effective usage of equipment and materials.
• Observed strict safety measures and made sure all drivers were equipped with knowledge needed to work safely.
• Monitored multiple databases to keep track of all company inventory.
• Achieved and maintained compliance with DOT, FMCSA standards through accurate maintenance of driver, permit and equipment records.
• Planned and executed disposal and replacement of equipment.
• Kept accurate records of all machine and equipment repair work that had been performed.
• Negotiated contracts with vendors to achieve optimal performance within budget parameters.
• Assisted in management of business operations by maintaining records and files, preparing cost and inventory reports, and ordering supplies
Page 2 of 2
Barry L. Kirby- C: 810-***-****
4B Farms Trucks Trailer Equipment Fenton, MI
01/2007 - 07/2010
• Managed day-to-day operations, including supervision and assignment delegation for a Class B Dealership regulated by state laws.
• Inventory Control-Responsible for purchasing, preparing equipment to be reconditioned for resale, wholesale or at public auctions. Transporting, representing all equipment for sale in a retail or wholesale environment.
• Operating facility in compliance with OSHA, DOT, and Fire Marshall.
• Saved costs, effectively negotiating vendor pricing contracts to increase savings.
• Delegated tasks to specific employees based on individual knowledge and strengths.
Lyons Equipment Company/Michigan Trenching/Exelon/INFRASOURCE Ypsilanti, MI Mechanic Supervisor
11/1998 - 01/2007
• Executed preventive and corrective maintenance on light to heavy duty work trucks and equipment.
• Enforced adherence to safety regulations and building codes.
• Monitored shop equipment to maintain safe working condition.
• Maintained knowledge of updated changes in various models of equipment.
• Attended all safety and training meetings to learn techniques to avoid injuries and mishaps.
• Kept detailed records of all repairs, labor involved, and parts used and input data to customer database.
Edwards Equipment Co Laingsburg, MI
01/1993 - 04/1995
• Reconditioned and repaired equipment for resale
• Operated a Rodgers Twin Ram Track Press
Education and Training
Owosso High School 1988
Class A Commercial Drivers License with Double/Triple Trailer Endorsements Member of Certified Appraiser Guild 2004
Completed OSHA 20-Hour Training