Chicago, Illinois 60657 firstname.lastname@example.org
EDUCATION NORTH PARK UNIVERSITY Chicago, Illinois
BS, Accounting, Cum Laude Class of 2017
EXPERIENCE WPD MANAGEMENT Chicago, Illinois 2018-Present
SENIOR ACCOUNTING SPECIALIST
Reconciled bank accounts for various property accounts managed by the company. Managed month-end close process which included creating financial reports for building owners, determining owner distributions, and assisting other department employees to ensure accounts were correctly reconciled.
• Input journal entries for owner financials to prepare for month-end close.
• Paid out various accounts payable invoices for general ledger accounts such as legal, maintenance, and refuse.
• Audited utility accounts for the various owners to ensure timely payments and correct payment amounts.
• Audited credit-card purchases for all company employees.
LA CASA NORTE Chicago, Illinois 2017
ACCOUNTANT (contract position)
Contributed to various accounting projects. Including a sales allocation analysis.
Prepared journal entries for AP. Assisted in audit preparation, researching pre-paid expenses. Calculated and reported on administrative expenses.
• Reviewed journal entries to report on information used in budget development and audit preparation. Corrected errors in payroll analysis and allocations.
• Supported a transition to a new accounting system (FundEZ 11). Tested journal entries and discussed changes with the vendor.
THOMAS RUBEY & ASSOCIATES, LTD Chicago, Illinois 2016-2017
Developed accounting skills while working for a firm that served not-for-profit clients. Made AP entries, matched invoices with entries to ensure accuracy. Assisted in bank reconciliation. Prepared monthly investment reports that involved calculation of gains, losses, and advisor expenses. Reviewed grant award letters to verify that recipients met funder requirements.
• Calculated depreciation of fixed assets and took fully depreciated assets off the books as part of audit preparation tasks for client.
TECHNICAL MS Office: Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word, Outlook
SKILLS Accounting: FundEZ
Other Software: Appfolio Property Manager, Docusign, Quickbase