Media Production Specialist
Greater Chicago Area
256-***-**** • email@example.com
A creative professional with a passion for animation, media, and marketing seeks challenging work in a fast-paced, engaging environment. I want to put my 20+ years of experience to work by leading your creative projects to build audience-centered media and experience-driven products that people want to share.
• Twenty six years of experience producing creative media content
• Expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, After Effects, etc.) and significant experience in other industry-standard design tools
• Over fifteen years of experience leading and training teams through user-centered design processes and tools for websites, applications, animations, videos and events
• Over fifteen years of production experience working with high-resolution photography, cinematography, and animation
• Extensive experience working with internal and external customers and using active, interpersonal skills to bridge gaps between groups both on-site and remote
• Extensive experience leading large creative projects with long term timelines, multiple deliverables (web, applications, media, PR, etc.) and large budgets ($1M+)
• Sharp, creative thinker who keeps up with the latest trends while remaining rooted in years of solid design principles
• Experience creating video game graphics and working with video game developers
• Materials and design experience for print, packaging, product kit and game development Technical skills
Storyboarding, writing for the screen, directing, editing, event video, presentation and production management, voice over, audio recording and editing Work experience
March 2003 to Present
Self-employed, freelance video, animation, design and illustration
• Extensive portfolio of client video and animation content as director, producer and animator for science, industry and technology clients
• Marketing and design for client end product development and creative asset management including packaging, manufacturing, logistics, promotion and advertising
• Providing highly engaged creative development for customers including direction, branding, writing, animation, and illustration.
• Provide end to end strategy for successful use and release of assets for internal, business to business, sales, and public audiences.
September 2017 to January 2019
User Experience Interaction Designer 3
Northrop Grumman (Active Secret Clearance)
• Supporting software design, prototyping and research efforts of all sizes from web, to apps, to VR and beyond–applying CSS, HTML, Adobe CC products and various prototyping tools (Axure, XD, and others).
• Extensive collaborative project work with local and remote teams as a writer, designer, animator and voice over artist.
• Solo production and management of video assets, including writing, direction, animation, storyboarding, illustration, voice work, editing and scoring directly for the UX team, UX Academy and clients.
• Maintained direct interaction with project and task leads to create strategic assets designed to attract attention and forge new opportunities. October 2007 to May 2013
HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology
• Oversaw media development for the Institute which included an extensive portfolio of print, web, game, educational and video assets.
• Managed coordination and communication between multiple departments, vendors, and content creators.
• Led creative meetings with writers, designers, department managers, scientists, and others to address stakeholder needs without compromising the design workflow.
• Trained staff and students in design by creating tailored workflows appropriate to the team’s experience level and led workshops that taught students the principals and practice of good design.
• Set creative direction for education games produced in-house and through a team of freelance designers and developers.
• Met rapidly growing demand by managing and transitioning assets and intellectual property from in-house to third party mass production, management and sales.
• Led department heads to affordable solutions for trade shows, events and marketing campaigns.
• Produced a broad array of graphic design, application design, video, animation, illustration, storyboards, layouts and product packaging for the institute and over 20 associate companies housed within.
• Directed, edited and shot videos ranging from live events to powerful, emotional pieces and documentary style awareness content.
March 2003 to November 2007
• Led design efforts for the company’s large volume sales website following a user-centered design process that included collecting user metrics and making incremental site changes based on data and user feedback.
• Created and managed initial branding and re-branding during growth from small to medium business.
• Designed multiple media campaigns including web/email and print campaigns.
• Designed animations, graphics, logos, and scientific illustrations. Education
August 1990 – May 1994
Huntsville High School, Huntsville Alabama
Focus on art, Advanced Placement Studio credits
Skidmore College, Saratoga Springs NY
Summer program scholarship, 2D/3D Design, Sculpture, Illustration Other education
University of Alabama in Huntsville
Illustration, 3D design, Art History
Continuing education and training
Photography, videography and cinematography
UHD video and animation