I am writing to apply for a teaching position in your school.
Your organization has a stellar reputation and, considering my years of experience and background in Early Childhood Education, I feel I would make a great addition to your professional teaching staff.
In my years as a preschool/primary teacher at different and high quality establishments, I have led classes as large as 22 students and taught kids as young as 3 years old. I have been instrumental in helping my school develop curriculum and programs for their classes, and seen real improvement in students I’ve worked with.
Currently, I am working as a Shadow Teacher for a Gr.3 student in a reputable school here in Doha.
With my strong work history and topical education, I am confident I would fit in well. If you are so inclined, I would jump at the opportunity to visit you for an interview. Thank you for your time and consideration of my application. I look forward to hearing back from you at your convenience. Thank you again.
Maria Angelei Rivera
MARIA ANGELEI N. RIVERA
Tel #: +974-********
Email address: email@example.com
Objective: To obtain a teaching position at the pre-school level. Educational Background: A graduate of Bachelor of Elementary Education major in Pre School at Philippine Women’s University-Quezon City, Philippines Graduation date: September 2005 (June 1994 – March 1998) Saint Michael’s Institute- Secondary Education
(June 1988 – March 1994) Nasipit Central Elementary School-Primary Education Teaching Experience:
Shadow Teacher – Vision International School, Al Wakrah, Qatar
(December 2018 – Present)
English Teacher – Juniors Nursery, Al Aziziya, Doha, Qatar
(September 2015 – December 2018)
English Teacher- NTUC My First School, Singapore
(June 2014- July 2015)
Preschool Teacher/Subject Teacher -Timber City Academy (Mar 2012-April 2014) Butuan City, Philippines
English Childcare Teacher- PCF Sparkle Tots (March 2011 - August 2011) Sengkang Central, Singapore
English Childcare Teacher- Carpe Diem Pte. Ltd. (November 2010- February 2011) PasirRis, Singapore
English Childcare Teacher – Kindergarten 1 and 2 (Nov 20, 2009 – October 2010) Candy Kids Child Care, Chua Chu Kang
• Deliver appropriate lessons for all levels of classes, demonstrating a variety of teaching techniques according to curriculum guidelines.
• Prepare appropriate learning activities, resources and materials for all levels of classes.
• Participate in setting up and up-keeping of learning centers in the school
• Monitor the development of the children and update children’s developmental profile
• Ensure the well-being and safety of the children in all domains of children’s development
• Interact with children in an effective and nurturing manner.
• Be responsible in facilitating the conduct of daily care routines for the children
• Contribute actively in centre events and activities.
• Carry out class administration duties.
• Work in partnership with parents and community in the holistic development of their children.
•I have the commitment to be the best teacher for each student I will have the opportunity to teach.
•I will try my best to be a positive influence in the lives of my students, their parents, and my fellow teachers.
•To be updated with most effective teaching methods, I would also like to attend workshops, obtain a master’s degree, and be able to meet ad interact with other teachers for advice and to learn new ideas.
•Proficient in the use of basic computer programs
•IELTS passer (band 7.0)
•MCYS- Singapore accredited L2 teacher
Al Aziziya Branch
Al Aziziya, Doha, Qatar
Tel. no. +974-********