MELISSA TREVIÑO BERENDZEN
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org · Cell: 310-***-**** · Residence: Austin, TX
· Project / Program / Product Management Professional ·
● Sr. Project / Program Manager / Product Owner (PSPO) with cross-functional experience in IT & e-commerce
● Experienced business liaison between clients, internal teams, offshore management, and senior management.
CLEARHEAD / ACCENTURE INTERACTIVE – Austin, Tx January 2019 – Present Program & Project Management Associate Manager / PM Lead
• Project Management Lead overseeing a team of project managers as their career counselor.
• Resource Manager for the Project Management team accountable for chargeability and capacity for new business deals.
• Forecasting lead managing a portfolio of clients and coordinating with team leads to ensure we are tracking to our expected margins.
• Lead Project Manager for our data driven consulting engagements and account expansions.
• A member of the diversity inclusion initiative within Clearhead. WHOLE FOODS MARKET – Austin, Tx Sept 2018 – January 2019 Agile Product Owner
• Owns the creation, refinement, and prioritization of product backlog items.
• Meets with stakeholders to understand their business needs, maintains frequent communication to inform them of future Workday releases, and the status of their projects.
• Manages the release plans, technology roadmap, and resource planning for Team Member Systems and Solutions Team (TMSS).
• Redesigned the business intake process to provide clarity and efficiency.
• Reformatted a recurring leadership prioritization meeting to provide organization and collaboration amongst management. The goal of the meeting is to understand the prioritization for the TMSS team’s weekly sprint and a conversation amongst management has helped with deprioritization.
• Reorganization of the product backlog. The current backlog lacked correct labels, components, user stories and sub tasks. Inaccurate story points has created an undependable velocity. In the interim, we’ve assessed the current work to estimate a velocity for future sprint planning. CLEARHEAD / ACCENTURE INTERACTIVE – Austin, Tx April 2017 – Sept 2018 Sr. Digital Project Manager
• Coordinated with cross-functional teams for multiple projects with budgets totaling over $4MM.
• Projects managed included: data driven optimization, data driven redesigns, data driven experiences, data driven consulting, and Amazon optimization.
● Supported engagements by taking meeting notes to share internally and with the client to ensure alignment and manage to-do’s.
● Created agendas with status reports.
● Managed timelines via TeamGantt to provide transparency on progress.
● Utilized workflows via Asana to manage the process and progress on action items.
● Supported Optimization Directors with tools, resources, and data needed to lead the account.
• Effectively maintained a rapport with the clients by facilitating weekly meetings, providing detailed project timelines, burn reports, and delivered up to date scorecards.
• Designated as a forecasting lead to review and assess our project management team’s forecasts used to update our billable opportunity model and manage resourcing.
• Contributed to the improvement of internal processes by contributing to the standardization of a budget template for the project management team and contributed to a curriculum for onboarding new hires.
• A member of the diversity inclusion initiative within Clearhead. KIMBIA – Austin, Tx Feb 2016 – April 2017
Senior Project Manager
• Client management and crowdfunding site implementation for universities, non-profits, and community foundations having raised over $10.9 million in less than a year and managing a current portfolio of clients projected to raise over $60 million.
• Effectively communicated with clients, product development, and the QA team to prioritize tasks and manage site launches to meet client expectations.
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams, remote resources, and vendors to execute the client’s project.
• Led training sessions and developed training materials for our clients and non-profit organizations.
• Advised clients on best practices related to use of Kimbia software, website design, marketing strategy and event promotion.
• Provided post-event analysis, including key metrics and recommendations for future giving events.
• Templatized checklists, presentations, and documents to streamline the project management process internally.
MVP GROUP PROGRAM – Austin, Tx October 2014 – Jan 2016 Project Management Consultant
• Managed the development and redesign of mvpgroupprogram.com and its client websites.
• Collaborated with the Founder to create a marketing strategy that resulted in a traffic increase of over 150% for the company.
• Interviewed, hired, and managed designers for MVP Group’s relaunch.
• Utilized my network to secure new accounts with Fortune 500 companies. WARNER MUSIC GROUP - Burbank, Ca. March 2006 – Sept 2014 Senior Project Manager 07/2011 – 09/2014
● Developed, managed, and budgeted monthly project plans for Warner Brother Records & Warner Music Nashville. Produced over 4 artist websites and 4 e-commerce artist sites, along with 150 enhancements a month.
● Managed the development of WMG’s first responsive e-commerce site – becausesoundmatters.com, using Magento and setting the precedence for future e-commerce sites for WBR, ATL, and WM Nashville.
● Led the site development for WBR’s most successful pre-order, Linkin Park’s Living Things selling over 223,000 copies in the US in its 1st week, debuting at #1 on the Billboard 200.
● Successfully coordinated the migration effort of numerous high-profile sites (i.e. gdidiotnation.com, tompetty.com, mariahcarey.com, and keithrichards.com) from Drupal Crate to Drupal Gardens.
● Held vendor meetings to help address issues and assign priorities.
● Created user guides and led trainings on various tools utilized within our department. Manager, Mobile Initiatives, 12/2007 – 07/2011
● Collaborated with label executives to develop functional specifications and oversaw the development of their HTML mobile storefronts and WAP decks.
● Managed WMG’s email platform migration to eBizMailer and trained our label’s users worldwide.
● Led an email whitelisting effort for our labels, resulting in a 30% increase in subscribers. Business Analyst 03/2006 – 12/2007
● Coordinated the development of artist websites by our offshore team for Atlantic Records, Word Distribution, Word Records, Rhino Records, Warner Music Group Corp., Independent Label Group, and Warner Music International.
● Managed training and produced financial reporting for WMG’s labels worldwide. Provided metrics on applications such as Brightcove, Eve Enterprise, and Akamai StreamOS. NORTHROP GRUMMAN – Redondo Beach, Ca. May 2004 – March 2006 Space Technology – Space Tracking Surveillance System Senior Business Administrator
Top Secret Clearance – SCI, Background Investigation, Polygraph
● Analyzed and advised on monthly budgets, staffing, and schedule variances with Cost Account Managers for a major satellite program valued over $1.5B.
● Developed the division’s ERP/SAP program’s internal website.
● Produced weekly reports and decks for upper management and customer briefings. KEANE FEDERAL SYSTEMS – McLean, Va. April 2003 – May 2004 Consultant, Team Lead, Contractor for the Central Intelligence Agency Top Secret Clearance – SCI, Background Investigation, Polygraph
● Served as the department’s only Lotus Notes developer, successfully implementing over 25 databases, replacing paper trail and dramatically improving efficiency.
● Resolved database issues by creating patches that would be implemented worldwide and managed its careful and sensitive implementation.
● Produced risk management and financial reports based on awarded contracts within our department.
● Attended monthly onsite Project Management trainings led by our corporate executives. LOCKHEED MARTIN – Fairfax, Va. July 2002 – April 2003 Global Information Management Systems – Management & Data Systems (M&DS) Software Engineer, Contractor for the Central Intelligence Agency Top Secret Clearance – SCI, Background Investigation, Polygraph
● Led user trainings and developed an internal website to provide helpful information to our clients regarding FAQ’s and upcoming software updates.
● Worked alongside software leads to conduct technical exchange meetings as part of our future sprint planning.
CENTRAL INTELLIGENCE AGENCY – McLean, Va. Jan 2001 – May 2001 Co-Op, Student Trainee
Top Secret Clearance – SCI, Background Investigation, Polygraph
● Received the Exceptional Performance Award & department’s SPOT Award for my effort in developing a database that improved efficiency in generating on-demand financial reports.
● Served as an Executive Officer for the Central Intelligence Agency Co-Op Association.
● Served on a panel for the CIA Recruitment Outreach Program. SKILLS
Platforms: Drupal, WordPress, Magento, Exact Target, SilverPop, eBizMailer PM Tools: MS Project, Jira, Kanban, SharePoint, Asana, Visio, Omniture, Basecamp, Confluence, Team Gantt, Confluence
Key Qualifications: Project Life Cycle Management, Systems Development Life Cycle, Issues & Risk / Change Management, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Mobile Development, Quality Assurance, Vendor Management, Budget Management, Cross-functional Management, PSPO (Professional Scrum Product Owner)
2002 University of Notre Dame
Bachelor of Business Administration, Major: Management Information Systems, Minor: Management, Certificate of Collegiate Sequence: International Business
2004 STSS Program Performance Award – Northrop Grumman 2002 Dean’s List – University of Notre Dame
2001 Exceptional Performance Award & SPOT Award – C.I.A. WRITTEN/VERBAL
SKILLS: Fluent in English and Spanish