Ms. Ishani Ray
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Business Leader with expertise in Financial Management and Organisation Strategy with more than 27 years of experience and extensive experience in leading change and organisation transformation. An expert in structured fund raising, risk mitigation, business development, brand positioning, business process transformation and productivity enhancement resulting in growth and profit maximisation.
Areas of Expertise
• Strategic planning, business development, brand positioning, operational excellence and change management driving exponential growth and profitability.
• Fiscal management, fund raising, financial, statutory and corporate governance due diligence, driving financial discipline and controls impacting business efficiencies, creation and implementation of accounting and auditing manuals.
• Risk mitigation, business process transformation, improvement of product margins and productivity enhancement.
• Supply chain management.
• Talent development through competency assessment, capability building, coaching and teambuilding for performance enhancement and growth.
• Stakeholder management with experience of liaising with the board members, investors, institutional lenders, bankers, researchers, analysts, public relations agencies, celebrity brand ambassadors and media. Core Competencies
Core Leadership Competencies
• Dynamic leadership and strategic vision
• Result orientation
• Analytical and creative problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills
• Stakeholder management and influencing skills
• Accounting standards and practice
• Financial reporting
• Working capital management, financial planning and fund raising
• Direct and indirect taxation
• Financial and process audit and assurance
• Risk mitigation
• Statutory compliance
• Management of board proceedings
At present working as an independent Organisation Strategy and Financial Specialist associated with Yellow Hat Consultants Pvt. Ltd. operating under the brand name PEOPLExcellence from November 2019 From March 2006 to October 2019 worked with Khadim India Limited, a leading footwear retail company . Career Path:
CEO from April 2018 to October 2019
• Strategic planning and execution driving sales growth and margin improvement
• Change management to create professional work culture
• Business development and new business initiative.
• Budget, planning, development and control.
• Cost reduction and quality improvement.
• Marketing initiatives and revamping brand positioning and ensuring customer focussed retail experience.
• Developing a robust supply chain management system.
• Staff development and attrition management.
• Operational and financial risk management.
• Maintaining investor relations and PR through management and deliberations with the Investors, Analysts and Media.
• Revamped Khadim’s brand positioning by bringing in celebrity endorsement for its products.
• Repositioning the brand not only as a household name but also making it more youthful both through product and campaigns.
• Developing a 360 degree advertisement and marketing plan for ongoing strategic campaign.
• To ensure robust supply chain and better management of working capital and to have an improved through put introduced the concept of Theory of Constraints along with the consultants pioneer in this domain.
• Special initiatives to modernise vendors’ manufacturing process by laying down SOPs and ensuring improvement in their skill sets and quality of products being manufactured.
• Opening new business vertical under the brand name of ‘Bags & More’ specialising in accessories.
• Entering into the Institutional and E-commerce segment as alternative sales channel.
CFO from March 2006 to March 2018
Job Profile :
• Lead Organisation’s Economic Strategy, Forecasting and Financial Modelling.
• Co-ordinate data driven analytics throughout the organisation to measure current levels of earnings and returns as also the potential risks and opportunities.
• Take active role in analysing new markets for the organisation to venture into based on solid financial data.
• Assume over all leadership of the day to day financial and control operation, including financial reporting, planning and analysis, accounting, financial policy development and budgeting.
• Support management in developing key growth strategies through analysis and data support.
• Forecast Business plans and expansion strategies.
• Analyse organisation operations to identify areas of improvement, cost reduction and system enhancement.
• Liaising with bankers and investors for funding projects and supervising and over viewing treasury function of the organisation.
• Representing before the BOD on critical financial matters other than usual mandatory reporting under corporate governance policy.
• Supervising and reviewing all legal matters of the organisation including litigations through internal team and external counsels.
• Transformation of a small family based company into a corporate structure complete with long term financial goals and strategy, adhering to all corporate governance norms, financial discipline and control
- Preparation of annual budget along with a clear vision of 5 year business plan with long term business strategy.
- Introduction of operational and financial SOPs to have relevant controls in place.
- Introduction of accounting and auditing manual.
- Streamlining working capital cycle.
- Structured fund raising through banks and institutional lenders.
- Getting the senior management team ready for Board Room process.
- Strategic exit from non-performing business verticals.
- Creating a robust finance, audit and legal team to support the growth engine of the organisation.
……. CHANGE MANAGEMENT AND BRINGING ABOUT NEW ORGANISATION CULTURE
• Raising of equity funds to the tune of Rs.90 crores in through Private Equity Investment in 2013.
• Leading the Company through a successful Initial Public Offering of Rs. 540 crores and successfully listing in the stock exchanges (NSE and BSE) in 2017.
From September 2000 to March 2006 worked with Saregama India Ltd.(a RPG Group Co.) Career Path:
Sep’00 to Jun’02 Manager – Finance & Taxation
Jun’02 till Sept’04 Sr. Manager – Accounts, Treasury & Taxation Oct’04 till March’06 Sr. Manager – Corporate Finance of RPG Group Handling investor relations, information analysis and fund raising through rights and private placements of various RPG group companies, mergers and acquisitions. Significant Achievements
• Fund raising for a group company through private placement of equity to the tune of Rs.23 crores.
• Resolved pending income tax cases - the company was absolved from paying immediate taxes to the tune Rs.7 crores.
• Streamlined the Cash Management System leading to substantial reduction in the overall cash float of the company.
• Designed and implemented demerger scheme to facilitate financial restructuring of the Balance Sheet. From April 1993 to August 2000 with George Williamson (Assam) Ltd. Career Path:
Apr’93 to May’95 Accounts & Taxation Assistant
Jun’95 to May’97 Executive – Taxation & Accounts
Jun’97 to Aug’00 Asst. Manager – Taxation
• Achieved progressive tax savings to the tune of Rs.3 crores via proper tax planning
• Successful in obtaining Tax Refunds worth Rs.3 crores in 1997.
• Successfully handled tax assessments and reduced litigations From September 1991 to March 1993 with PricewaterhouseCoopers as Jr. Officer – Audit Division
• Major clients handled: Reckitt & Colman (I) Ltd., APE Belliss (I) Ltd., Guest Keen Williams Ltd., SBI Capital Markets, Eastern Coalfields Ltd., etc.
• Chartered Accountant from ICAI in 1991.
• M.Com (Accountancy) from Calcutta University in 1989.
• B.Com (Accountancy) from Calcutta University in 1986. Personal Details
Contact Address : Block 1, Flat No. 2,
108, Maniktalla Main Road; Kolkata – 700054.
Date of Birth : 04th January 1964