To whom it may concern,
I am a hardworking, results driven professional who has been working in human resources and talent acquisition for the last seven years. During that time I have developed my business acumen and learned how to influence people without having direct authority over them. I also have a Bachelor’s degree in Organizational Communications and I recently obtained my PHR certification. I am eager to take the next step in my career as a human resources professional where I can contribute to a team and focus on my best strength, working with people. I would like to build a long term career that lets me focus on my professional growth as well as helping the business grow and succeed.
Evan Eubanks, PHR
Evan Eubanks, PHR
6120 Idlebrook Dr., Charlotte, NC 28212
Charter Schools USA, Concord, NC
Regional Human Resource Manager - Carolinas
April 2019 - Present
• Works with school based leadership to investigate and resolve employee issues at the school level.
• Administers human resources policies and procedures that cover two or more functions.
• Collects and analyzes HR data and then makes recommendations to administrators.
• Performs HR functions by answering employee requests, issues, development, and questions.
• Communicates with employees, for the purpose of providing information and assistance concerning all aspects of employment with CSUSA.
• Prepares internal employee communications regarding compensation, benefits or company policy.
• Trains employees on policies and procedures relevant to Employee Relations in compliance with federal and state law as well as CSUSA’s.
• Participate in investigations of employee matters in the areas of EEOC charges, Wage and Hour complaints, ADA and ADAAA compliance, employee disputes etc.
• Provide prompt closure of investigations while exhibiting exceptional customer service.
• Respond to written and verbal inquiries for the purpose of resolving problems, providing information and/or referring to appropriate personnel.
• Communicate with the State Deputy Director with current issues and reporting regarding investigations and disciplinary actions.
• Maintain and files in appropriate employee files; paper and electronic.
• Maintain investigation logs with up to date information.
• Assists with analyzing and reviewing policies and regulations for personnel matters.
• Ensures that all personnel adhere to Human Resources policies, procedures, processes and programs; makes change recommendations as needed.
• Perform and promote all activities in compliance with all Federal and state laws and policies of the company.
• Software used: UltiPro, ADP, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint, Launchpad C.A. Short Company, Shelby, NC
Human Resource Manager
April 2017 - April 2019
• Oversees the full scope of Human Resource activity for the company.
• Recommend and administer employment policies and procedures for both internal and external positions, ensuring non-discrimination.
• Develop, implement and maintain salary structure, salary administration and pay plan documents.
• Responsible for assuring C.A. Short Company is in compliance with all federal and state laws and regulations applicable to the company to include ADA and FMLA.
• Administer and monitor the 401(k) retirement plan including enrollments, changes, distributions, loans, documents and amendments.
• Responsible for COBRA and HIPAA Privacy compliance.
• Responsible for attracting, recruiting, and retaining sales and service driven employees through traditional and current methods: print advertising, social media posts, etc.
• Monitor and advise management regarding coaching, counseling, and termination of employees to balance positive employee relations and company performance.
• Responsible for design, administration, compliance and communication of the company’s benefit plans.
• Implement and maintain compliance with Affirmative Action Plan.
• Ensure job descriptions are accurate and ADA compliant.
• Responsible for supporting staff development by coordinating training initiatives.
• Handle all aspects of payroll from data entry to pay transaction processing and distribution.
• Partners with Engagement team to plan and coordinate employee and community events.
• Responsible for all record-keeping and administration of employee information.
• Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier. Coordinates Safety Committee meetings and acts as Safety Director.
• All other HR related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Software used: Paycom, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint Kavaliro, Charlotte, NC
April 2013 – November 2016
Human Resource Manager
• Perform recruitment functions including candidate sourcing, screening, interviewing, reference checking, and extending of job offers to qualified professionals.
• Track status of candidates in HRIS and respond with follow up calls or emails at the end of the recruiting process.
• Administer skills testing, reference checks, employee verifications and background investigations checks using the United States Department of Homeland Security’s website, E-Verify.
• Build and maintain professional relationships with workforce.
• Act as the account manager on open requisitions for multi-million dollar clients (Duke Energy, PSE&G, Chiquita, Ameren) on engineering, administrative, IT and professional positions.
• Present opportunities to qualified employees and negotiate terms of employment (i.e. salary, duration, start date).
• Prepare employment agreements and arrange for pre-employment physical and drug screen, and complete new-hire paperwork.
• Explain payroll, benefits, paid time off and 401k plan to all new hires.
• Utilize ATS and HRIS to initiate new hire actions, terminations, pay and position changes and maintenance of personal information.
• Processed and audit HR transactions concerning employee records including new hires, status changes, exit process and benefits enrollment.
• Facilitated new hire orientation and manage the onboarding/off boarding of employees.
• Conduct routine follow-up meetings with personnel on customer sites/projects.
• Administer health and welfare plans including enrollments, changes and terminations. Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record keeping and proper deductions.
• Verify I-9 documentation and maintain that they are current.
• Adhere to Federal guidelines to process Form I-9’s according to compliance regulations for multiple states.
• Maintained employee files and manage employee information.
• Assist with the preparation of the performance review process.
• Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the client.
• Perform customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
• Software used: BrightMove, TempWorks, PeopleSoft, Bullhorn, and Microsoft Office Suite. Maxim Healthcare
October 2012 – March 2013
• Recruited and interviewed healthcare professionals consisting of RNs, LPNs and CNAs.
• Supervised external staff of healthcare professionals
• Provided nursing care to current clients and coordinated schedules to best meet individual needs
• Negotiated with healthcare professionals and clients to agree upon schedule, payment, frequency of care and gathered all pertinent medical information
• Assisted the Accounts Manager with branch sales and marketing
• Performed other branch operations (sales, marketing, and financials) Carolina Construction Solutions (CCS)
January 2012 – September 2012
• Built applicant database by researching and contacting community services, employment agencies, and internet job boards.
• Determined applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants, analyzing responses, verifying references, and comparing qualifications to job requirements.
• Upon hiring new employee; ensured timely arrival at first day of employment
• Updated professional acumen by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations. Proshred Security
March 2011 – December 2011
• Developed new business within a defined territory
• Maintained current and new customer accounts using ACT! (CRM)
• Maintained personal objectives and sales results
• Secured appointments for sales opportunities
• Created and prepare quotes and tenders for new business
• Maintained up-to-date knowledge on the shredding industry
• Adhered to PROSHRED® and ISO policies and procedures Wray Ward Marketing Communications, Charlotte, NC
May 2009 – August 2009
May 2010 – August 2010
• Gained knowledge of how a marketing agency functions in all aspects
• Worked closely with all departments to form a comprehensive marketing campaign for new clients
• Helped maintain relationships with current clients
• Gained the ability to create and executes project work plans and revise them as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
• Performed extensive research on current market trends
• Creating a strategic marketing approach that would best suit the client
• Assisted with presenting ideas and proposals to clients Visulite Theatre, Charlotte, NC
October 2006 - Present
Box Office Attendant
• Gained professional experience in event planning and talent coordination
• Gained experience with conflict resolution
• Learned how to use skills in Microsoft Excel to help prepare the venue prior to opening night
• Trusted enough by management to handle payment of all artists and performers
• Interact with local and national artists on a personal level
• Recommended, implemented, and managed social media sites
• Maintained position while working another job and being a full time college student Education
University of North Carolina at Charlotte, Charlotte, NC B.A. in Organizational Communications
Graduated December 2010
Professional in Human Resources (PHR) from Human Resources Certification Institute Obtained November 2016. Certificate # - 601068035PHR Skills
• Highly knowledgeable of ADA, FMLA, FLSA, HIPPA, SOX, ADEA, EEO, ERISA, OSHA, ADEA, NLRA and all other employment laws and regulations.
• Benefits Administration
• Employee Relations
• Performance Management
• Employee Engagement
• Highly Organized
• Works well under pressure
• Time management
• Social media marketing
• Microsoft Word
• Microsoft PowerPoint
• Microsoft Excel
• Microsoft Outlook
References are available upon request.