951-***-**** email@example.com linkedin.com/in/gyan-prakash25 https://gyan.netlify.com 3131 Watkins drive, Riverside, CA 92507 Education:
• M.S - Computer Science, University of California, Riverside, CA. April 2021 Coursework: Artificial Intelligence, Information Retrieval and Web search, Design and analysis of Algorithms, Big Data Management and Cloud Computing.
• B.E – Computer Science & Engineering, Bangalore Institute of technology (Bangalore, India). July 2015 Skillsets:
• Bigdata Platforms – Spark and Hadoop.
• Web design - HTML5, CSS3, SASS, Material UI, Bootstrap and Media queries.
• Java and Python – Basic
• Dev-OPS tools – Jenkins, GitHub, and Docker.
• Databases- MySQL, MongoDB.
E-Governments Foundation - Senior Software Engineer Oct 2017- July 2019
• Rainmaker: Developed four major applications for citizens naming Public Grievances Redressal, Property Tax, Solid Waste Management and Trade License. The platform eventually attracted 950+ clients across India.
• Built a configuration-based Framework on top of React.js to generate UI dynamically and perform CRUD operations by just reading a JSON/YAML Config. It enabled non-technical teams to create the web pages themselves.
• Leading a team of 4, Owned Property Tax module and for its Development and further enhancements.
• SWM Tracker: A Live tracking app written in NodeJS and React.JS for both admin and garbage collecting trucks, fetching and displaying real-time data on the Google Maps using Socket.IO.
• Collaborated with AI team to gather data and train ML models, which was used to determine the type of garbage being collected in the bins using a live camera by Image recognition and classification using CNN. TESCO - Software Engineer Sep 2015 – Oct 2017
• Revamped Tesco Clubcard web application with user personalized components displaying Recommended products, Clubcard data and statement details which increased target audience up to 1.6 times and improved user experience.
• Created Test suites using Mocha testing framework and assertion tools like Chai, reducing pre-production QA time to less than half. Thus, achieved quicker releases.
• Worked on automating CICD pipeline for the Clubcard app using orchestration tools like Docker machine, Jenkins and GitHub to support multi-server version controlling and make rollback process hassle-free. Projects:
• Working on hate speech recognition in tweets coming from Twitter streaming API, using Tensor Flow to train the model and classify data, run by AWS Lambda functions.
• Designed a search engine, by crawling twitter data and indexing it appropriately to make search efficient in Python and deployed using docker containers.
• Built a 3D Road network and Visualized it using Google Earth. Used Digital Evaluation Model (DEM) to show altitude of the points on the road, integrated with 2D road network data from the OpenStreetMap.
• Analyzed US weather data of four consecutive years using Spark SQL and Java and generated report on the Weather pattern of various states in the US.
Additional Skills and Achievements:
• Conducted Workshop on “Actions on Google”, training participants to create custom Actions on Google’s API.AI.
• Received the Superstar award for outstanding performance in Goodworklabs (Egov) for year 2018.
• Earned a Star Award for the development of dynamic Shoppers data display component for the Tesco’s Clubcard users.