RICHARD S. MANNING
Highly motivated and skilled professional seeking career in a growing organization consistently meeting customer expectations, organizational objectives. Where experience goal driven dedication can excel. Proven ability to work effectively with suppliers, customers and teams; providing leadership experience for successful product management. Works to initiate change to meet operation, production and installation goals. AREAS OF EXPERIENCE
• Maintenance • Product Development • New Installation
• Project Management • Project Planning • CIP Teams
• Preventive / Predictive Maint. • LEAN Manufacturing • MPM Teams
• Equipment Design • Plant Layouts • Cost Reductions EMPLOYMENT HISTORY
MAHLE Industrial Thermal Systems America, LP / Behr Industry 2007 to Present
• Operations, Maintenance, Technical & Manufacturing Eng. Mgr.
• Plant Management, daily production, projects, maintenance & Engineering changes.
• Maintenance objectives: Preventative & Predictive PM’s, Electrical FLIR Inspections Repairs, Equipment Setup, New equipment layouts & installation,
• Technical Comp, Fin Mills, Core Builds, Vacuum Braze Ovens, CNC Machines &, Welding
• Manufacturing Engineering, equipment specifications, plant layouts, production support.
• Productions Support & Productivity is our Goal; providing support services to all departments.
• MPM; Procurement, Installation and support for 5 Axis CNC, Router for Aluminum Machine Center, Round Tube Expansion Press, CMM Lab, Robotic Tube Rolling, Leak Test Equipment, Cranes, Facility, Plant Security & Employee Access Daimler Chrysler
Manufacturing Engineer 2004 - 2007
• Traveled to production locations for product launches and equipment installations.
• Lean Manufacturing initiatives, equipment specifications, line balancing, tool ergonomics.
• Establish labor standards for new production lines using historical data and time studies. Siemens Dematic – (formerly Rapistan), Grand Rapids, Michigan; ISO-9001 INDUSTRIAL / Mfg. ENGINEER 2000 - 2004
• Support Welding, Finishing, Electrical Controls, Controls Panel Assembly.
• Worked with Design Eng., Maintenance and Purchasing for CIP & Cost Reduction.
• Design CAD layouts for production line work cells and new assembly equipment.
• Evaluate and purchase new equipment, cranes, jibs, welding tables, tools and lift trucks.
• Installation and production support for Electrical Controls & Assembly Department. Jackson Products Inc. Electronics Engineer: ISO-9001 Electronics & Optics Engineer for Auto-Darkening Welding Filters 1996 - 2000
• Manage Projects from conception through production. Circuit Boards, Plastic Case Injection Molding, Welding Filters, Polarizer’s, Band Pass and Liquid Crystal lens production.
• Setup and operated an Optics Lab for, ANSI, CE, CSA and DIN product certifications.
• Update drawing revisions on Auto CAD.
• Moved, Setup a new Production Line relocated from California. Zenith Data Systems: 12 years Electronics Experience Computer Systems and Support Engineer 1989 - 1996
Circuit Board Diagnostics Repair Tech. 1984 - 1989 TECHNOLOGY
• Auto CAD • MS Office • Power Point • Excel • Word • Project • Lotus Notes EDUCATION
AIU American InterContinental University
Degree: B.S. in Operations Management
Ferris State University - Grand Rapids, Michigan
Degree: B.S. in Manufacturing Engineering – (unfinished due to work – 85% complete) Andrews University – Berrien Springs, Michigan
Degree: A.S.E.E.T. – Associate of Electronic Engineering Technology Membership
Building Operator Certified BOC
• Married with two children
• Support (BSA) Boy Scouts of America & (GS) Girl Scouts of Michigan Trails
• Designs and builds electrical & mechanical equipment for fun
• Education self financed during full time employment References upon request