DAMON J. LINDELL
P.O. Box ***
Safety conscious Industrial Maintenance and Operations Manager with expertise in providing technical oversight to staff in fast-paced, results-oriented environments. More than 20 years experience with excellence in Maintenance, Opera- tions, and Manufacturing. Emphasis in diagnostic testing, calibration processes, instrumentation and control equipment such as Distributed Control Systems (DCS), Diagnostic Test Equipment and Air Operated Valves (AOV). My scope in- cludes (SCO)Shift manager, Supervisor, Lead Maintenance Tech, Senior AOV Diagnostic Test Technician, and Instrument
& Control (I&C) Technician for nuclear and gas power generation, Paper mills, Production Manufacturing and Refineries. with expertise in performing modification construction, instrument and control maintenance planning. Supervisor and Field qualified in Mechanical, Electrical, Fabrication, Welding, Instrumentation and Diagnostics. Dedicated and quali- fied to working independently and contributing immediately to your Team. OUTSTANDING CAPABILITIES and EXPERIENCE
• Experienced in all phases of power life cycles; construction, start-up, modifications, refueling, and mainte- nance
• Expertise includes gas fired boilers, gas turbines, heat recovery boilers, process steam plants, refineries, paper mills, industrial warehousing, distribution, asset management, and equipment maintenance.
• Calibrated instrumentation and control loops in accordance with plant's technical specifications and procedures
• Understanding and abilities to read blueprints, ladder diagrams, Pneumatic & Instruments Diagram (P&ID) and orthographic drawings, for drawing specifications and scope
• Strong leadership and organization skills along with outstanding written and verbal communication skills Outstanding Experience:
• Performed maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting of electronic and smart instrumentation and positions
• Instrument engineering responsible for detailed design, drawings, updating documentation, and commissioning
• Initiate clearances for Work Control Center in support of non-outage and outage maintenance activities
• Perform walk downs to verify engineering documents, locate equipment, or assess plant conditions
• Monitor activities to ensure materials, equipment and workmanship comply with design plans and specifications including all local, state and federal codes and standards. (OSHA, IEC, NEC, ISA, ISO, EPA, NFPA, ANSI, etc.)
• Provide field verification of materials and coordinate with essential personnel to plan and meet project sched- ules
• Design/verify as-built drawings and specifications, included estimating, commissioning DCS and PLC upgrades and updating documentation on all new projects.
• Warehousing and distribution, Material handling and storage, including Forklifts, overhead cranes and lifting and rigging.
EDUCATION, TRAINING and CERTIFICATIONS
1990-1998: A.A. Degree, Cerritos College-Norwalk, CA o A.A. General Education / Automotive Technology / Industrial Technology o AWS and ASE Certification
o Ford Factory Trained Mechanic
2005: International Society of Automation (ISA) 29 Instrumentation and Controls Certificates from International Soci- ety of Automation (ISA).
2006: Diagnostic Testing and Valve Signature Analysis Training by Atlantic Group 2009: Instrument calibration and Hart Protocol for Ovation DCS Modification by Atlantic Group. 2015: • Nuclear Plant Access Industry and trained Radiological in the Orientation following areas:
• Radiation Worker and Equipment Clearance
• Procedure Use & Adherence, Industrial Safety
• Confined Space and Fire Protection
• Fall Arrest & Fall Protection and Arc Flash Pro- tection
• Barricade Safety Training and Safe Approach
Electrical Zones training.
• Material Safety Data Sheets and Hazardous
• Electrical Safe Work Practices and Lock out Tag
• Fork-Truck and Man-Lift trained
EDUCATION, TRAINING and CERTIFICATIONS CONT’D
2014: Management and Craft Supervisory Training &
Supplemental Supervisory Qualification by Crane Nu- clear
2013: Received the following training certifications from Crane Nuclear
• Viper20 Data Acquisition and Signature Analysis
• Valve Actuator Maintenance Qualification Train-
• Votes Infinity Data Acquisition and Signature
• Advanced Signature Analysis Training
2013: Supervisory and Work Management Training, Human Resource and Behavior Based Safety BHI Leadership Academy 2011: Fisher Valve Link Foundation Field-Bus Training by AMES TECHNICAL SOFTWARE SKILLS
• Proficiency Level-Microsoft Office
• Microsoft Office Word
• Microsoft Office Outlook
• Expertise using WMS, Portal J, and Nuclear Access Suite
• Hart and Foundation Fieldbus Communication Protocol
• Advanced Signature Analysis using Fisher Flow Scanner, Fisher Valve Link, Crane Viper, Viper20 and Votes Infini- ty Systems
• Ovation, Allen Bradley, Foxboro, ABB and Moore Systems WORK EXPERIENCE
07/14-02/20: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR / SHIFT CORDINATOR / MANAGER CRANE NUCLEAR
D.C. Cook Nuclear Plant (PWR), Palisades Nuclear Station (PWR),Watts Bar Nuclear Station (PWR), Prairie Island Nuclear Plant (PWR), Cernavoda Nuclear Plant (PHWR), Pilgrim Nuclear Plant (BWR), V.C. Summers Nuclear Plant (PWR)
• Supervised and managed maintenance of equipment, schedules, and PM frequency.
• Oversight of daily activities, crews, and review of work preformed.
• Performed Preventive Maintenance on Unit 1 & 2 valves and actuators and power equipment.
• Inspected, repaired, and refurbished Gate, Globe, Plug and V-Ball Valves.
• Performed blue and Total Indicated Runout checks for QC Inspector.
• Supervised and preformed valve set-up, performed calibrations, and diagnostic testing using Viper and Fisher Flow Scanner equipment.
• Performed pre-outage work activities, walk downs, and work package review.
• Provided oversight during diagnostic testing, troubleshooting, technical support and field maintenance activi- ties.
04/18-02/19: MAINTENANCE FIELD ENGINEER
Baraka Nuclear Station.
• Maintenance planning for start up, commissioning, and periodic maintenance.
• Field walk downs, parts and system verification.
• Maintenance requirement research and print and drawing validation.
• Work Order instruction writing, procedure writing and validation.
• Establish safety guidelines and equipment requirements.
• Estimate Sequence and processes needs for individual equipment and machinery. 07/13-03/14: MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
11/11-10/12: LEAD I & C TECHNICIAN
12/10-03/11: AOV DIAGNOSTIC TECHNICIAN / I & C TECHNICIAN BHI ENERGY
St. Lucie Nuclear Plant (PWR), V.C. Summers Nuclear Plant (PWR), North Anna Nuclear Plant (PWR), Point Beach Nu- clear Plant (PWR),
• Performed clearance order / tag out verification, walk downs, pre-outage work activities, and Maintenance crew supervision.
• Worked on the following Expanded Uprate Project (EPU) activities: o Performed Start-up Testing and troubleshooting of EPU Valve Systems o Fisher Flow Scanner and ValveLink / Field-Bus Diagnostics o AOV Diagnostic Testing
o Valve set-up, calibration and diagnostic testing o Pre-outage work activities, walk downs, and work package reviews. WORK EXPERIENCE CONT’D
09/04-10/11: AOV DIAGNOSTIC TECHNICIAN, I & C TECHNICIAN ATLANTIC GROUP
McGuire Nuclear Plant (PWR), Oconee Nuclear Plant (PWR), Catawba Nuclear Plant (PWR), Hatch Nuclear Plant (BWR), Indian Point Nuclear Plant (PWR), San Onofre Nuclear Plant (PWR), Nine Mile Point Nuclear Plant (BWR), Calvert Cliffs Nuclear Plant (PWR)
• Worked on DCS Modification Project performing the following task: o Installation and testing of plant components during start-up o Calibrated and performed routine maintenance on plant components o Reactor In-Core Instrumentation Replacement Project o Turbine Control Valves and Generator/Turbine Instrumentation Systems
• AOV Diagnostic Testing and signature analysis using Fisher Valve Link and Crane Viper Test equipment
• Worked on Reactor In-Core Instrumentation Replacement Project
• Performed AOV Diagnostic Testing and signature analysis using Fisher Valve Link and Crane Viper Test equipment
• Supported turbine crews with instrument maintenance
• Worked on DCS Modification Project performing the following task: o Performed AOV Diagnostic Testing and signature analysis using Fisher Valve Link and Crane Viper Test equipment
o Performed calibration of valves to include routine maintenance, and testing 07/07-07/07: I & C TECHNICIAN / AOV DIAGNOSTIC TECHNICIAN Emerson Coffeyville, Instrument KS and Valve Services
• Worked on Coffeyville Resources Refinery Flood Recovery Project
• Performed valve and actuator refurbishments, instrumentation and control replacement
• Utilized Fisher Fieldvue, Valve Link and Flow Scanner Diagnostics Testing Equipment 08/03-09/04: LEAD I & E TECHNICIAN
Inland Paperboard & Package Inc.
• Performed the following duties on the Water Treatment Plant and Process Steam Plant: o Preventive Maintenance and New installations
o Troubleshooting Techniques and System Calibrations
• Performed Preventive Maintenance on the following valves and components: o AOV’s
o Piston and Diaphragm Actuators
o Sliding Stem Plug Valves and Fisher V-Ball Valves o Butterfly, Globe and Gate Valves
• Installed and test valves and components with Fisher DVC 6000 Software
• Maintained 3000 loops of DCS, PLC and singular control.
• Low and Medium Voltage Motors and Drives
• Mounted and fitted instruments, installed wiring, performed loop-checks and system function verification
• Set-up valves, performed calibration and signature analysis with documentation using Fisher ValveLink Software 06/01-08/02: I & C TECHNICIAN
Cool Water Gas Compressor Plant, Huntington Beach Generating Station, Reliant Generating Station, Conowingo Gener- ating Station, Inland Paperboard & Package Inc, Los Alamitos Generating Station, High Desert Power Project
• Installed Oxygen Monitoring System; worked on start-up of Unit 4 DCS
• Set-up and calibrated AOV and Pneumatic Controls; utilized Fisher DVC 5000 Software
• Performed loop checks and calibration rework of damaged or improperly installed equipment
• Documented checks, revisions, and system function verification in preparation for start-up activities
• Installed Moore-Allen Bradley Hybrid DCS with Smart Instrumentation
• Installed field instruments for Gas Compressor System
• Installed Installed tubing retrofit and for controls DCS on two for Boiler Pneumatic Generator and Hydraulic Units Valves
• Installed, refitted, and verified operation of smart positioners with Masoneilan Valve Software.
• Worked on new construction projects for multiple gas turbine units
• Installed and fitted field instruments. Installed Hydrogen Analyzer System.
• Worked on the Burner Management Upgrade Project
WORK EXPERIENCE CONT’D
Santa Fe Springs, CA
• Lead welder and fabricator of vertical Fluid and gas pumps.
• Multi-process welding certified in TIG, MIG, SMAW, Flux-cord, Dual-shield, Submerged Arc.
• Certified in Mild steal, Stainless Steal, Aluminum, Nickle-Aluminum-Bronze, High carbon Steal and many special- ty alloys.
• Managed inventory, performed shop maintenance, daily use for shop equipment including forklifts, overhead cranes and Lifting/Rigging equipment.
• Tracked Group and Manufacturing Production, Participated in quality control, Lean Six-Sigma and ISO 9001 Certi- fication activities.
06/96-05/97: LEAD MAINTENANCE WELDER
• In charge of Cerritos College campus maintenance department.
• Organized material warehouse, inventory, shop work orders.
• Executed maintenance on various campus equipment.
• Designed and fabricated equipment for department request and maintenance work orders. 01/93-06-96: OPERATIONS MANAGER
• Managed and organized daily warehouse operation.
• Provided overside and distribution plans.
• Controlled inventory, asset protection, damage prevention of Automotive glass warehouse.
• Costumer Relations and conflict resolution.
• Active oversight of Team Drivers, Warehouse Personal and Administrative/Costumer-Service Representatives.