For the past ** years I have worked as a tele-fundraiser for Donor Direct Consulting, a 3rd party fundraising agency. I fundraised primarily for health-related charities including hospitals and hospices. Clients include Canuck Place Childrens Hospice (Vancouver), the Stollery Childrens Hospital (Edmonton), Parkinson Canada and the Canadian Red Cross.
Fundraising activities included:
• Converting one-time donors to the monthly donor program
• Asking for monthly donations
• Convincing lapsed monthly donors to “get back on board”
• Upgrading monthly donors (asking people to increase their monthly
• Asking for one-time donations (after asking for monthly)
• Updating donor information, i.e. address and credit card/banking information
• Explaining the mandate of the various non-profit groups and charities as well as a clients current campaign
• Answer any questions the donor(s) might have.
This was not cold-call fundraising. It was donor stewardship, i.e. contacting donors who had previously donated by some method, i.e. past and current monthly supports, one-time gifts and annual, legacy gifts or through a fundraising event (i.e. golf tournament).
Previous work included 5 years working for a market research company in Vancouver, and approximately 20 years working in the printing and publishing/graphic arts industry, mainly in the Northwest Territories and Yukon. Jobs included News North, the Whitehorse Star, Outcrop NWT (design and advertising company),
OutcropYukon, Native Press and the Metis Association. Work involved tight deadlines and accuracy and the ability to coordinate with a wide range of clients.
I would appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about fundraising for Open Media. This is something I could be enthusiastic about!
Kim Kozak Unit 207-1620 E 6th Ave Vancouver BC V5N 1P3
(old-fashioned landline, no text) em: firstname.lastname@example.org
My phone is a landline. It does not accept text messages.