STEPHEN CHIDI CHIMA
No. * Elelenwo – Port Harcourt Rivers State Postal Code
email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org skype: stephenchima
Experienced in Operations, Production, Projects Management, Planning, Contracts, Cost control, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Engineering and Health Safety, Proposal, Tendering, Cost Estimation, Commercial and Front End Engineering Works.
Projects Involved In:
Gas Pipeline Construction, Commissioning & De commissioning, Offshore/Onshore Production/ Process Facility Upgrade & Maintenance, Automated Tank Cleaning, Storage Tank Construction, Platform Rehab, Compressor and Pump
Maintenance and Installation, Flare stack Installation, EPF Installation, Gas Metering systems, Actuator Valves and Installation for Pipelines.
Date of Birth 20th August, 1982
State Of Origin & L.G.A Imo State, Orsu
Marital Status Single
University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria
B.Eng. [Hons] – Engineering – Petroleum & Gas
Jenida Secondary School, Rupokwu, Rivers State.
Zarmaganda Primary School, Jos Plateau State
First School Leaving Certificate [ F.S.L.C]
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
Proficient in the Following: Primavera 6, Advanced Excel, Oil Field Manager, Pipesim, MS. Word, Power Point, Pipe Flow Expert, MS. Project, Robbo Pump and Flow Pro
International Association of Engineers (IAENG)
Project Management Professionals (PMP)
Pipeline Association of Nigeria (P.L.A.N)
American Welding Society (AWS)
2016 Negotiation and Conflict Resolution- Certificate 2015 Project Management - Diploma
2015 Offshore Oil and Gas Safety 1&2 Certificate
2015 Contemporary Issues in Ocean Governance (International & Local waters)- Certificate 2015 Financial Planning - Certificate
2015 Quality Management - Diploma
2015 EU Public Procurement (Contract, Tendering, Bidding & Costing) - Certificate 2014 Strategic Management - Certificate
2014 Advanced Level III Health, Safety and Environment(HSE) Certificate RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Providing Technical support to Offshore/Onshore Project/Operations
• quality materials, calculation of project requirements, good material handling, and Project budget management.
• Improvising useful tools and techniques for optimum utilization of Project and Production resources and quality control.
• Establishing project budget and ensuring good control measures to serve the project management objectives.
• Developing and maintaining useful Project records and Documentation essential for legal purposes.
• Accepting the challenges to offer highly customized services that will offer clients with enhanced satisfaction and ensuring timely services and Project delivery.
• Providing technical assistance and solving queries in relation to Project Plan, Production plans, Layouts, Engineering Designs, Developments, Drilling, Exploration, Change Management, Project Budget and in Project Management WORK EXPERIENCE
Deep Energy Exploration and
August 2018 to Date
Is an Oil and Gas Company
Mainly into Production and O&G
services such as, Drilling,
Production, Well enhancement
and Recovery. Hired as a Project
Manager for managing the
Demanding and Complex
Saipem Contracting Nig. Ltd
March 2015 to June. 2018
Saipem Nigeria is a Nigerian
subsidiary company of Saipem,
with a huge structure covering
all sort of services to the Oil &
Gas Industry such as Drilling
(pipelines, power plants,
Engineering, Maintenance etc.
• Managed Projects with my Project Team from Conception, Execution through to Completion.
• Project Planning, Resource allocation, Monitoring, Estimating and Project Budget Management to keep cost down.
• Stakeholder Engagements often involving senior government Officials
• Project/Operation Risk Management and Change Management
• Vet Designs with Design Engineers before Approval.
• Produced Test Plans, Reports, Supervise and Monitor Testing Processes for E.g. Pressure vessels, WPS, Well Testing Equipment
• Oversaw the maintenance of projects after completion.
• Train, Manage & Supervise Teams of young tendering Engineers on Technical and Commercial Bids.
• Assisted in legal aspects of contract documentations.
• Improved relationships and resolved Conflicts with contractors, supplier sand Consultants
• Planned and Initiate Agreement/Understanding (MOA/MOU) with International and Local Companies on Projects.
• Assisted the Planning Engineer in Project Schedule, Control and Monitoring using PRIMAVERA P6, Preparing progress registers for Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
• Produced Test Plans, Reports, Supervise and Monitor Testing Processes. E.g. Pressure, WPS, Well Testing.
• Prepare preliminary and feasibility cost estimates for fabrication, Maintenance and Installation Projects on E.g. Oil/gas Heater, separators, ASTs, FPSO, EPFs, well head, sand trap etc.
• Prepare detailed cost estimate for offshore and on shore projects.
• Organize and Prepare Detailed Technical Presentation to Clients.
• Developed tender list for suppliers and sub-Contractors
• Organized Registration/Certification and follow up with Certification bodies and Government Bodies
• Plan Preliminary project investigation, permitting and project management processes.
• Developed and drive continuous improvement initiatives for Engineers and Company Processes and Systems.
• Improved quality assurance processes and practices in every Project and Operation
• Prepared down-hole Instrument replacement operation programs and procedures.
• Planned follow-up and reporting on Work-over Rig, Wireline, Completion Coil-tubing Operations
• Assessed/identified potential bottle necks in each Operation processes.
• Prepared and Planned Risk analysis on new equipment for Replacement, completion and Maintenance Operation
• Developed and initiated internal processes to improve program delivery within specific time frames.
• Prepared maintenance, repair Procedures and schedule for Light, Medium and Heavy Well Intervention Operations
• Prepared Rig intake procedures, Safety analysis, risk and emergency preparedness analysis.
• Preparation of project execution plan manuals, specific engineering procedures, decision basis Documents,
• Operation programs, experience transfer, contract activities. Interfaced internally with other team members in addition to well Intervention services operations stakeholders such as onshore & offshore production operations teams, finance, logistics, Production Optimization and subsurface.
Date: April 2011 to January
Is a Multinational Oil and Gas
Construction Company with
branches in 29 Countries with
Head Quarter in Beirut,
Lebanon, Zakhem is mainly into
Oil and Gas Pipeline
Construction, Fabrications and
Civil Works, Her Clients are
Companies and Government
the Expansion of the existing
Escravos – Lagos pipeline
system from PS1 KP38 to PS5
Alagdado/Itoki with 36”x
342Km Class 600 Gas Loop
Pipeline to increase
evacuation of gas volume up
• Administered on-going Contracts, including monitoring contractor and compliance with the Contract documents. Investigated problems and recommended corrective action
• Prepared correspondence and maintains records necessary to ensure the effective administration of all Contractual matters
• Received, reviewed, prepared, and submitted Cost Estimates for Break down Activities such as 36’’ Pig Station Installation, Pedestal Civil Works, Form Works and Sectional Welding, Inspection etc.
• Followed up Pipeline Engineers to make sure the PID design is followed as approved by both stakeholders
• Collaborated with management teams to deliver assigned programs and individual timelines, assessed/identified potential bottlenecks in each project activity processes.
• Assisted in directing the recruitment process of key Pipeline Engineers, selection of consultants and outsource-vendors.
• Developed and initiated internal processes to improve program delivery within specific Project timeframes.
• Established goals and milestones as per the desired results to be generated by the project.
• Defined the resources required for completion of a project and allocated resources accordingly.
Ltd– June 2014 to
The Escravos Export System
Project (Offshore and
Replace the existing 26” export
pipeline built in 1969 with a
new 30” pipeline of
approximately 42 km from the
Escravos Terminal to Single
Point Mooring facilities offshore
at a water depth of over 30m
• Supervised Contractors and negotiated rates with them
• Supervised Qualification of Welders
• Project Supervision and Execution based on Agreed Contract Terms.
• Review and Correct contract documentations.
• Performed site surveys and Technical reports.
• Lead a construction team to finish segmented projects within budget.
• Supervised Surveyors, Foreman and construction crew to ensure work is completed on-time.
Assistant Project Engineer
Ltd– January 2012 to
Construction of 18” X 83km Gas
Carbon Steel Pipeline in Existing
ROW (NAOC) from NAOC’s
Ob/Ob gas plant to Transport
Natural Gas to IEFCL.
• Developed baseline management of project schedules.
• Developed of layouts and reports based on client and project team reporting requirements
• Ensured the accuracy of project schedules.
• Conducted analysis, updated and sent weekly, semi-monthly, and monthly reports to the Project stakeholders
Trainee Pipeline Engineer
Ltd– April 2011 to November
Expansion of the existing
Escravos – Lagos pipeline
system from PS1 KP38 to PS5
Alagdado/Itoki with 36”x
342Km Class 600 Gas Loop
Pipeline to increase evacuation
of gas volume up to
• Worked with the Project Team in Project Management Activities.
• Assisted the Project Director in Reports on Sub-Contractors Activities.
• Document Control and Project Management Logistics. Trainee Pipeline Engineer
DAZ Technical Ltd –
8 Months Employment as a
Maint. Engr. March 2009 to
November 2010 .
year Educational Industrial
Training. February 2006
• Took the still photography of damage or any discontinuity of underwater rust prone equipment.
• Technical maintenance including preparation of technical checklist, management of heavy mechanism.
• Inspected and interpreted malfunctions.
July 16th 2010 to July 15TH
• Taught Physics, Chemistry, Math, Collated Records the Classes Continuous Assessments.
IAN CUBBERLEY PROJECT DIRECTOR