Charleston, SC ***14
Willing to relocate: Anywhere
Authorized to work in the US for any employer
AmeriCorps - Charleston, SC
July 2019 to November 2019
Working with Charleston SC city and state to improve and expand the Palmetto Artisans Program. Administrative Contractor
SNI Companies - McLean, VA
2017 to June 2019
Assigned locations including Bellwether, and Prison Fellowship Ministries Administrative Contractor
Sparks Personnel - Chantilly, VA
2015 to 2017
Assigned locations included Booze Allen Hamilton, Guest Services, Inc., TTM Technologies, Brown's Automotive Group Headquarters, PenFed Realty, a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices affiliate, and Learning Tree International.
• Used internal command systems to collect, analyze, and compile metrics for division and branch reports.
• Assisted with coordinating, planning, and organizing meeting events and support the planning and execution of technical exchanges, conferences, and synchronization sessions, including obtaining space and the necessary materials and equipment.
• Maintained organization documentation, records, and files in accordance with knowledge management and records management policies and procedures.
• Assisted with budgetary, billing, and financial management of expenses incurred to support the organization, including office supplies.
• Reconciled bank statements and prepared necessary journal entries and posted to general ledger monthly. Prepared monthly benefit allocation to cost centers received from Human Resources and Accounting Manager.
• Performed internal control audits by reviewing scanned invoices and review invoices, general ledger accounts analysis, and reconciled Interfund accounts, reviewing for errors.
• Created financial reports, prepared for audits, and generated financial reports to third parties to be distributed to internal and external investors.
Accounting Specialist I
Long and Foster Companies - Chantilly, VA
2014 to 2015
• Dispersed payments to third party vendors, researched all invoices with prior balances or refunds, and tracked all incoming mail/third party invoices and checks.
• Continually worked with internal and external stakeholders to ensure payments were applied properly and researched unclaimed properties through Great Plains System.
• Coded checks and invoices to the proper third party vendor and researched and maintained all vendor accounts on appropriate websites.
Laurel City Police Chief's Citizen Advisory Committee (CCAC) - Laurel, MD 2012 to 2014
• Served in volunteer advisory capacity to the Chief of Police regarding issues relevant to police-community relations and outreach to the community.
• Informed and educated citizens regarding the role of police in the community, crime trends, as well as Department resources, initiatives, and accomplishments.
• Established an outreach program to foster a greater understanding between the Department and the community. Parent Liaison
Laurel High School - Laurel, MD
2006 to 2011
• Created and maintained the bridge between the parents and administration, staff, and teachers and served as a student- parent advocate to open communication between school admin and families.
• Performed various administration duties including: payroll, security, school functions and assembly, received and stored donations, monitored traffic to the principal's office and assisted with substitute teachers and classroom coverage.
• Built a good rapport with the students, assisted with school functions and assembly, and served as a mandated reporter for child abuse and neglect to child protective services and social services.
• Tracked court orders, restraining orders, etc., and assisted Pupil Personnel Worker with home visits for truancy and questionable home situations.
• Assisted Parole Officers with home visits and tracking student attendance, arranged meetings between Parole Officers and students, and assisted Police Officers with student witnesses and interrogations.
• Assisted Police Officers with the Police Explorers Program which included the National Night Out and the D.A.R.E. Program.
Laurel High School - Laurel, MD
2006 to 2011
• Identified and maintained records of students eligible for the First Generation College Bound Program.
• Organized meetings for students and parents with the organization.
• Assisted and advised students with applications and essays.
• Provided necessary information to students and parents concerning educational options. Associate of Arts in Business Administration
University of Phoenix
Certification in Criminal Investigations
Institute for Legal Studies - Arlington, VA
Administrative Assistant — Proficient
Using basic scheduling, attention to detail, and organizational skills in an office setting. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ a51a80dbdcde5f3dd5cf59c5b1894507eed53dc074545cb7
Basic Computer Skills: PC — Completed
Performing basic computer operations, navigating a Windows OS, and troubleshooting common computer problems. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ b2f6a91b3d71ae40061bb8c1a3a8bfd4eed53dc074545cb7
Customer Focus & Orientation — Proficient
Responding to customer situations with sensitivity. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_to_profile/ 9baa738d6090161a85f8fad5ab980a64eed53dc074545cb7
Marketing — Completed
Understanding a target audience and how to best communicate with them. Full results: https://share.indeedassessments.com/share_assignment/gwh1tpl2dxt09sin Indeed Assessments provides skills tests that are not indicative of a license or certification, or continued development in any professional field.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills with keen attention to details.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple projects and duties and continually meet deadlines.
• Take initiative when identifying and solving problems and resourceful when finding reasonable solutions.
• Ability to work with a diverse team and clientele, always demonstrating outstanding leadership skills and dedicated to delivering excellent customer services.
• Proficiency in various software programs and in spreadsheet (MS Excel) applications, to include Microsoft Dynamic
(GP11), Pegasus System, ACE System (Agent Case Express System) and IDLS System (Incident Detection and Location System).
• Certified in Microsoft Office, to include Word, PowerPoint and Excel. ADDITIONAL INFORMATION