FRANK A. ZITO
Windsor, CT *****
email@example.com C: 516-***-****
Qualifications: Project & Program Management ~ Vendor Management ~ Leadership ~ Mentor
Accomplished, results-oriented technology professional with extensive experience in information technology, including technical
integration, project planning and execution, and building and managing technical teams. Leverages technical expertise and business
acumen to ensure that business requirements are met. Demonstrated success in providing superior service and support at companies
including Voya Financial, Cigna, Bank of America, AIG, GTE, CBS News, and Prudential. Quickly masters new technologies;
recognized by peers as a knowledge expert and mentor. Strong consulting, customer relationship management and interpersonal skills.
● Managed the planning, tracking, reporting, and execution of infrastructure and application projects within scope, budget, and
● Increased customer satisfaction by establishing and maintaining relationships with customers, providing frequent project
updates, and escalating issues in a timely manner.
● Improved project quality and reliability by implementing project management standards and practices.
● Strengthened vendor relationships by acting as a liaison between vendors and project teams.
● Increased revenue and built base by providing technical expertise on cross-functional sales teams.
● Delivered improved performance and reliability for clients by designing, implementing, and maintaining WAN, LAN, and
● Evaluated new technologies and presented Technology Direction recommendations to clients and Senior Managers.
● Managed budget planning and reporting, staff recruitment, and employee performance reviews.
● Directed staff of up to 22 professionals to deliver end-user support, including training and hot-line support.
● Enhanced service reliability by establishing and managing a new professional services support department.
● Reduced operating costs and complexity by implementing and maintaining desktop configuration standards.
● Software Applications: PPM, Rally (Agile), ITG, BEN, MS Project, Office, Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint,
Outlook, Exchange; Photoshop; Visio; ACT
● Coordination and planning of Private/Public Cloud Technology and Apple/Android Mobile Applications
● Operating Systems: Windows XP and Win 7, VISTA, Windows 10
● Hardware: IBM; Sun; HP; Compaq; Dell; EMC
● Networking: LAN; WAN; POP; STMP; VPN; ISDN; DHCP; TCP/IP; WINS; DNS
Cigna Outgoing Projects, Bloomfield CT November 2019 to February 2020
IT Project Manager Senior Advisor, Scrum Master
Accountability for large projects, DB2 upgrade to 11.5 and Oracle upgrade to 19C. DB2 UDB upgrades consisted of 467 Data
Bases on both RHEL 6 & 7. Scheduling with Application area to upgrade using SDLC methodology (Development and lower
environments first and plan to upgrade Production).
Kaman Aerospace, Windsor CT July 2018 to November 2019
IT Project Manager
Accountability for ~12 various projects that control and monitor CNC systems throughput, display efficiency reports and other
projects for DOD applications partnering with Raytheon and other defense contractors.
Voya Financial, Windsor CT August 22, 2018 to June 30, 2019
Senior Project Manager
Direct Accountability for assigned Infrastructure and Application Enhancements projects with budget totaling over $3M
Detach State Street from Voya Financial. State Street to operate application at their own Data Center. Project in-
cluded application and data separation.
o Work with State Street Project Team to identify parts of common applications and separate Voya Data from State
Street owned data elements.
1. Deliver assigned projects on-time, with high-quality and within the allocated budget.
2. Responsible to identify staffing needs and request resources necessary to deliver the project.
3. Manage project scope and participate in the formal change control process, including the development of impact analysis when
4. Work with stakeholders to develop the project schedule
5. Manage the project forecast and participate in monthly financial reviews with the project controller and Program Manager
6. Drive implementation planning and execution.
7. Ensure the development of business cases/cost benefit analysis which reflect project benefits and metrics while ensuring link-
ages to the financial plan.
Cigna (Supplemental Insurance) Austin, TX (Worked Remotely from Bloomfield, CT) April 23, 2018 to August 7, 2018
IT Project Manager
1. Direct accountability for assigned projects with budgets up to $5M.
2. Deliver assigned projects on-time, with high-quality and within the allocated budget.
3. Responsible to identify staffing needs and request resources necessary to deliver the project.
4. Manage project scope and participate in the formal change control process, including the development of impact analysis when
5. Work with stakeholders to develop the project schedule
6. Manage the project forecast and participate in monthly financial reviews with the project controller and Program Manager
7. Define and execute contingency planning and mitigation strategies as necessary.
8. Drive implementation planning and execution.
9. Ensure the development of business cases/cost benefit analysis which reflect project benefits and metrics while ensuring link-
ages to the financial plan.
10. Provide leadership relative to strategic and tactical initiatives that have a significant business/technical impact and ensure long-
term competitiveness of business processes.
11. Responsible to identify alternatives to solve the business and/or technical issues that arise.
Cigna, Bloomfield, CT June 2013 – April 23, 2018
Infrastructure Project Manager
●Currently managing a portfolio of 13 Domestic and International infrastructure-related projects to support application team
developments; and managing technical teams of 8-25 employees for each project.
●Responsible for gathering application requirements and translate them into technical requirements for infrastructure builds.
●Coordinate application stress and volume testing and facilitate design of network architecture.
●Responsible for ensuring security components for all public facing web applications and sites via Webseal, penetration testing and
installing necessary hard and soft firewalls rules.
●Responsible for determining project urgency and scheduling appropriate project checkpoints according to deadlines
●Responsible for implementation of infrastructure optimization tools as required, as well as virtualization for all environments
Hartford Insurance Group, Hartford, CT May 2006 to June 2013
IT Project Manager
● Originally assigned to Wealth Management managing projects within the Line of Business. In this role, I managed Business
related projects that adapted applications to new Business Rules, State Regulations or enhanced application performance.
Transferred to Corporate SI&T, responsible for the overall success of a wide range of projects that affects all Lines of
● Accountable for project initiation and planning, and for overseeing development, testing, implementation, and closeout. This
includes initial project planning efforts such as developing the project scope, defining project guidelines and allocation of
● Obtain and coordinate resource requirements and project assignments. Track “actual” vs. “forecast” resource expenses and
continuously manage resource spend.
● Obtain business and IT sponsor approvals, and coordinate the resources necessary to successfully complete the project.
● App Project: Change the programs and procedures that produce 1099R to accommodate new IRS 2-digit Tax Codes
● App Project: Change the programs and procedures that automate EFT and Wires when clients withdraw funds from qualified
401K and IRA accounts
● Manage LAB to be used for UAT by Lines of Business (representing 24,000 users) to test all applications using WIN7
and Office 2010. Own and drive the intake for Lab and day-to-day planning and execution within Lab to ensure
progress is occurring and any barriers to progress are addressed (assign next steps, pull meetings together, escalate and
manage Resource and LAB capacity). Provide a daily status to App Rem team.
● Replace or upgrade servers through tech currency project to either virtual or physical servers
● Re-platform large application environments to new and updated configurations
● Working on major application upgrade from Oracle 9i to 11g
● Assisting with the upgrade of Oracle 9 to 11g for the VISTA Platform
● Remove SUN F15K Servers and replace with new M5000 servers
● Remove SUN E2900 Servers and replace with new SUN E10K server
Invision (now MindShift), Long Island, NY 2005
A Managed Service Provider offering services for Hosting, WAN, LAN, Security and Application support, as well as eBusiness
application development and integration.
● Analyzed customer business requirements, and developed and implemented technical solutions to meet those needs.
● Managed up to 35 concurrent projects of varying size and scope.
● Provided centralized surveillance monitoring, remote control and video retrieval by installing a networked DVR/Video
surveillance system for 14 sites.
● Planned and coordinated the installation of an intranet for Home Depot. Collaborated with vendors and integrated content from
multiple servers to provide a single point of entry for employees.
Random House Bertelsmann Shared Services, New York, NY 2001 to 2005
Shared service center designed to provide Information Technology services to corporate divisions.
● Managed and mentored a team of UNIX System Administrators, Data Base Administrators, and Network Engineers.
● Collaborated with Legal to develop SLAs and SOWs to meet internal and external customer requirements.
● Developed service offerings, including descriptions, cost, pricing, and rules of engagement.
● Negotiated with vendors to procure services, including SAN storage, networks, and security.
● Planned and implemented the move of a large e-commerce site for Bookspan, with five load-balanced web servers, three
application servers, and two large capacity clustered servers. Completed the site replication in one weekend, with
● Converted approximately 1,000 seats from multiple email systems to Exchange.
Exodus Communications, Jersey City, NJ 1999 to 2001
Provider of Internet hosting for enterprises with mission-critical Internet operations.
● Developed and directed a Post Delivery Services support team to meet requirements for 24x7 support.
● Led a support staff of five UNIX System Administrators to deliver support for FOX News Digital’s website, including content
administration, database management, and operating system support.
Compek Data, Inc., Long Island, NY 1997 to 1999
Independently owned and operated consulting firm providing system development and technical support.
● Developed and implemented technical solutions for clients, including messaging system deployment and migrations, as well as
infrastructure design and support.
● Clients included LCI/Qwest, Prudential, GTE, and CBS News.
● Provided technical support for “60 Minutes” staff at CBS News. Maximized access to news reference information by supporting
a CD-R based reference information array.
AIG (American International Group), New York, NY 1996 to 1997
Manager, Messaging Group
Global provider of financial and insurance services for commercial, institutional, and individual customers.
● Led a staff to provide application and end-user support for 16,000 email and 3,000 Lotus Notes seats.
● Managed the migration of Lotus Notes email to Exchange with minimal disruption to users.
Valinor, Inc., New York, NY 1995 to 1996
A national provider of system integration services.
● Managed and mentored 20 engineers and two managing consultants in delivering technology training and increase sales.
● Provided budget, P&L, and operations management for the branch.
National Westminster Bancorp (now part of Bank of America), Melville, NY 1982 to 1995
Section Head; Assistant Vice President; Senior Systems Analyst
A financial institution, now part of Bank of America.
● Led a staff of technical professionals in meeting business requirements by executing projects and providing end-user support for
PCs, LAN, and operating systems.
● Evaluated and recommended new technologies, including wireless LAN, laptops, desktops, and operating systems.
● Completed multiple Management courses through the American Management Association, including Managing Technical
Employees, Dealing with Difficult Customers, Time Management, and Writing for the Technical Professional.
● AT&T Voice and Data Communications training.
● Microsoft Project Management training.
● Disaster Recover/Business Continuance training.
● Co-Founder and former President and Treasurer, Cooley's Anemia Foundation, 1990 to 2006. Increased annual donations from
$5,000 to $500,000 by involving large corporations, such as Verizon Foundation to donate to our search for a cure.